• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team sucks.
Those 1st rounders the Raiders got are likely in the 20s. The players they traded away were top 10 picks. Raiders gained salary cap relief,but I don't see them drafting any elite talent and they may not even with their own pick. This is going to end badly for Gruden

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im glad i dont have to go to the bay area, i used to live in vegas on trop and jones, sorry clarify what you were trying to say. Every cowboy twat was shitting on amari and now all of a sudden...... baby hold my beer
I dont think we were shutting on Amari. I think we said the 1st rd pick was too much. I for one still think it was, but so far Amari has played pretty well in Dallas.
I think Dallas should have tried hard to get a mid round pick also.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we were shutting on Amari. I think we said the 1st rd pick was too much. I for one still think it was, but so far Amari has played pretty well in Dallas.
I think Dallas should have tried hard to get a mid round pick also.

Guy on Theticket Dallas said that of the 22 catches that Amri has, 19 are first downs. If true, that is pretty cool. Also our 3rd down conversion rate went from almost last in league to top 3rd.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy on Theticket Dallas said that of the 22 catches that Amri has, 19 are first downs. If true, that is pretty cool. Also our 3rd down conversion rate went from almost last in league to top 3rd.
As long as we stick to the 3rd and long screens we'll be back down near last in no time...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I still think we over paid but sometimes you have to over pay If you have made mistakes and the Cowboys severely stubbed thier toe on the WR position in the offseason. Gallup was a good pick I think T Will should have been cut in the offseason and I understand cutting Dez but I would have held on 1 more season but with that said I am completely happy with Cooper and what he has shown so far.
Did we overpay yes IMHO but it’s done and over so time to look forward no back .
Hopefully we will be making a change at OC in the off season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I still think we over paid but sometimes you have to over pay If you have made mistakes and the Cowboys severely stubbed thier toe on the WR position in the offseason. Gallup was a good pick I think T Will should have been cut in the offseason and I understand cutting Dez but I would have held on 1 more season but with that said I am completely happy with Cooper and what he has shown so far.
Did we overpay yes IMHO but it’s done and over so time to look forward no back .
Hopefully we will be making a change at OC in the off season.
I believe it only hurts you if you miss. There are plenty of first round picks that turn out to be total busts. We got a really good player out of that pick. The way I'm going to look at it is, take everyone we draft this year in rounds 2-7, add in Amari Cooper, and that's our draft class

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it only hurts you if you miss. There are plenty of first round picks that turn out to be total busts. We got a really good player out of that pick. The way I'm going to look at it is, take everyone we draft this year in rounds 2-7, add in Amari Cooper, and that's our draft class
I look at it a little differently. I look at it as Cooper vs a first round pick plus a $10M free agent that we could have signed with Coopers money or more if we extend him. Maybe ET

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it a little differently. I look at it as Cooper vs a first round pick plus a $10M free agent that we could have signed with Coopers money or more if we extend him. Maybe ET

I think WR was our biggest need. Sooner or later you have to address the WR position.

Reactions: GNG

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we stick to the 3rd and long screens we'll be back down near last in no time...

That is one of the most frustrating play calls of a bunch of frustrating play calls.

When Carolina played Seattle Sunday, I think it was in the 3rd quarter. I forget whether it was 1st or 2nd down, but the screen call obviously caught Seattle's D a bit off guard. THAT was the right time to call a screen.

We only ever seem to call a screen when it is 3rd and 10+. It's just another example of this Garrett/Linehan offensive play calling attempting to mirror the 90's, and we just don't have the superior players that it takes to run plays that everyone know is coming.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but that's also $10 million on a 24 year old vs a 30 year old with a broken leg...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dak throws to Amari Cooper his passer rating is 130 & thats not bad according to PE1 (well over a 100)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dak throws to Amari Cooper his passer rating is 130 & thats not bad according to PE1 (well over a 100)
Let's be honest too...without the trade, we are likely 4-8 or 5-7 instead of 7-5. If the Cowboys win the division, it's already a great trade for them

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you need to stop patronizing Cowboy fans. Dak needs to prove he is better then he has been. You seem to be the only one who cant see that.
Dak has completed 73% of his passes since the Amari trade. QB rating over 100. 4-1 record. Does he need to still prove he is better?

Fact is, Dak is the same QB now he was when y’all complained about him. The difference is Amari has normalized and stabilized the WR core. Not to mention Gallup has continued to grow. Even with that, Dak’s growth and the offense’s growth continues to be capped because of below average Oline play and a bad scheme. With improvement in those areas, Dak and the offense would take off.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has completed 73% of his passes since the Amari trade. QB rating over 100. 4-1 record. Does he need to still prove he is better?

Fact is, Dak is the same QB now he was when y’all complained about him. The difference is Amari has normalized and stabilized the WR core. Not to mention Gallup has continued to grow. Even with that, Dak’s growth and the offense’s growth continues to be capped because of below average Oline play and a bad scheme. With improvement in those areas, Dak and the offense would take off.

Yes he still needs to get better. You ready to hand him 25 mill a year or more. Has he played better? Absolutely. Is he a tough guy? Hell yes. Is he a great leader? Definitely.
I’ve never been one to criticize his accuracy, but there are definitely some other things for him that have to get better. I’m definitely not blaming the Oline for all the sacks. This outdated, stale scheme that most bitch about looks pretty damn good to me right now. Sometimes it’s the players. As well as we played the other night, we left a number of points out there.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep he needs to get better his decision making in the pocket sucks that’s why he is taking so many sacks. He holds the ball 2 long way 2 long. I still think he is a solid bus driver not a elite QB.He could improve with a forward thinking offense but he is not on the elite QB level. No way I want him extended with a premium QB deal. I like the leadership and his toughness but I don’t think he is the QB of the future. But my opinion like anybody else not on the Cowboys staff don’t mean squat after last year I would have cleaned out all the coaching staff. And IMHO if they don’t advance to the NFC championship game Jerry needs to clean house but it won’t happen so all we can do is bitch and moan enjoy the wins and dream of winning it all.

JMHO others will vary

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dak. He is one of my favorite players. But he needs to be better and smarter. The OL play has not been bad at all lately. You just cannot make the mistakes he has even during this recent hot streak. Mentally he was so sound year one. Now he just hasn't been playing smart. That is the perplexing part of it to me.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dak. He is one of my favorite players. But he needs to be better and smarter. The OL play has not been bad at all lately. You just cannot make the mistakes he has even during this recent hot streak. Mentally he was so sound year one. Now he just hasn't been playing smart. That is the perplexing part of it to me.

He really is playing well right now besides that aspect. I still think he can improve throwing the ball between the numbers. I know we don’t have that TE threat that a lot of teams do to run the seams. With that said, it may be a good thing that we don’t because he likes to throw outside. It’s crazy watching other QBs. It seems they have 2-3 throws every game that could or should be picked. Dak is rarely close to a pick. He really does take care of the ball.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but that's also $10 million on a 24 year old vs a 30 year old with a broken leg...
The concern I have with earl is how easily that leg broke. He may be done

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is playing well right now besides that aspect. I still think he can improve throwing the ball between the numbers. I know we don’t have that TE threat that a lot of teams do to run the seams. With that said, it may be a good thing that we don’t because he likes to throw outside. It’s crazy watching other QBs. It seems they have 2-3 throws every game that could or should be picked. Dak is rarely close to a pick. He really does take care of the ball.
I think Rico could do serious damage as a receiver but it seems the coaching staff thinks otherwise.