• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 24 declined from his peak. That makes no sense LOL

Do I really need to spell it out?

Cooper has played 3.5 years in the league. His first two seasons were his best, aka his peak to this point in time. Cooper's last season and a half have been demonstrably worse, thus a decline from his established peak from his first two seasons.

No one is saying Cooper can not establish a new "peak", but to this point in his career, his peak has been his first two seasons, and he has declined from there.

If you guys want to keep arguing about semantics, go for it.

...and is it really so hard to believe a guy could have peaked by 24? Miles Austin peaked at 25, and then declined from there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is semantics. You guys are arguing different things.
Clearly Cooper hasn't declined from his peak ability - this would be silly for anyone to suggest
Clearly Cooper of 2017/2018 has declined statistically from his peak statistical seasons SO FAR - that's just a fact.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is semantics. You guys are arguing different things.
Clearly Cooper hasn't declined from his peak ability - this would be silly for anyone to suggest
Clearly Cooper of 2017/2018 has declined statistically from his peak statistical seasons SO FAR - that's just a fact.

Oh, so you can read the future now? What are the Power Ball numbers gonna be?

We don't live in the future. Cooper's established peak to this point is 2015-2016. You guys are arguing about ability, I'm talking about production, which is what really matters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't live in the future. Cooper's established peak to this point is 2015-2016. You guys are arguing about ability, I'm talking about production, which is what really matters.
Holy crap you are unbelievable or can't read. Try again. Line one addresses his peak physical ability. Line 2 addresses his statistics in the league thus far. See the difference. i think you just like to argue:L

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 24 declined from his peak. That makes no sense LOL
Exactly, it assumes you have hit your peak at 22. Ridiculous. We will see how this works out. Either Cooper is going to start throwing up big numbers here, or Zeke is going to start having bigger games. If you look at the Cowboys first 7 games, their outside guys have faced a ton of man. If you play this kid man up the whole game, he will kill you

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Exactly, it assumes you have hit your peak at 22. Ridiculous. We will see how this works out. Either Cooper is going to start throwing up big numbers here, or Zeke is going to start having bigger games. If you look at the Cowboys first 7 games, their outside guys have faced a ton of man. If you play this kid man up the whole game, he will kill you

Or we will have another receiver commenting to the media how he is getting open.....we have already had two come out and say that. Maybe, we get a third?!

If I am an opposing DC, with or without Amari, I load the box and say Dak beat me with your arm. Will he be able to do it with Amari in the fold? Only time will tell. And YES Amari has declined in terms of his production. That is VERY concerning.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we will have another receiver commenting to the media how he is getting open.....we have already had two come out and say that. Maybe, we get a third?!

If I am an opposing DC, with or without Amari, I load the box and say Dak beat me with your arm. Will he be able to do it with Amari in the fold? Only time will tell. And YES Amari has declined in terms of his production. That is VERY concerning.
There's no way the Cowboys could roll into next season without a #1 WR. Next year is projected to be a weak WR class in the draft. Would your plan be to reach for a WR in round 1, hope to strike gold in round 2, or overpay whatever is there in UFA? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking who you see available with more potential than a 24 year old with two thousand yard seasons

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap you are unbelievable or can't read. Try again. Line one addresses his peak physical ability. Line 2 addresses his statistics in the league thus far. See the difference. i think you just like to argue:L
LOL he must.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is it concerning at 24??? His production could have been down do to many factors. If he was 30, you could say he may be declining, but at 24 the numbers dont mean jack shit.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is stI'll fast. This year's tape shows he has not lost his speed. I don't think the Cowboys are one player away. This move was for now and the next 4 or 5 seasons. The same argument was made by the Cowboys when they traded for williams. Cooper a lot younger than williams.

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Wrong again, Earl. Dude, do you even double check your nonsense before posting? It's pretty obvious you don't. And you're saying I haven't done the research :L...

Brandin Cooks three prior seasons leading up to the first trade...
2014: 10 Games, 53 catches, 553 yards, 10.4 ypc, 3 TD, 76.8% catch
2015: 16 G, 84 catches, 1138 yards, 13.5 ypc, 9 TD, 65% catch
2016: 16 G, 78 catches, 1173 yards, 15.0 ypc, 8 TD, 67% catch

Cooks last season prior to his second trade...
2017: 16 G, 65 catches, 1082 yards, 16.6 ypc, 7 TD, 57% catch

Cooks so far in 2018 through 7 games is on pace for...
2018: 73 catches, 1300 yards, 17.8 ypc, 5 TD, 73% catch

That's pretty damn solid and consistent production, especially considering 2017 and 2018 were/are Cooks' first year in new offenses.

Amari Cooper last 3 full seasons prior to yesterday's trade...
2015: 16 G, 72 catches, 1072 yards, 14.9 ypc, 6 TD, 55% catch
2016: 16 G, 83 catches, 1183 yards, 13.9 ypc, 5 TD, 63% catch
2017: 14 G, 48 ctaches, 680 yards, 14.2 ypc, 7 TD, 50% catch

Amari Cooper far in 2018 through 6 games is on pace for...
2018: 59 catches, 747 yards, 12.7 ypc, 3 TD, 69% catch

Between Cooper's 2017 season and 2018 season (so far) there is clearly a decline from his first two seasons. Same Quarterback, a lot more drops.

Meanwhile, Cooks is who he is, there is not much guess work with him, teams know what they are going to get with him. On the other hand, who knows which direction Cooper is going to head from here?

Carr's QBR
2015: 41.2 ranked 32nd
2016: 54.6 ranked 17th
2017: 51.0 ranked 22nd
2018: 43.5 ranked 26th

Goff
2018: 79.9 ranked 3rd

Brady
2017: 73.2 ranked 3rd

Brees
2016: 65.1 ranked 8th
2015: 70.4 ranked 4th

There is no doubt you can make numbers say what you want them to say. There is more to the story than comparing two receivers stats and claiming victory. Also there is more to it than drop rate. Some quarterbacks throw a ball that is more catchable than others. So to me comparing drop rate is insane as there are to many variables like QB, opponent, and weather. All I hope is this, having Cooper on the field makes opposing defenses have to respect the pass and not sell out on the run. If defenses have to play a little more honest then things might start to open up for the offense. I have no problem with the trade for this reason, it would be a shame to waste what our defense has been doing this year. They have kept this team in every game this year. I would give up a #1 pick to try and take advantage of that all day long.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat in that video. Cooper is the same age as Calvin Ridley.
His age being 24 is the only thing tht has me grounded in this deal. He has time to improve and work on his game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As already mentioned, there doesn’t seem to be anyone in next years draft class that can come right in and be a sure #1 WR immediately. Looking at the Free Agent class - there isn’t a lot of meat on that bone either. There are a few complimentary guys that will sign nice contracts, but Cooper would definitely be my first choice of those. The drawback is of course the money. You lose the 1st round pick, but you also lose that rookie contract. I don’t mind it at all. We needed a big time WR, and JJ and company did what they needed to do to get one. There is always talk of who wins the trade. There is nothing wrong with both teams winning it and I think that’s the way I feel about this one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As already mentioned, there doesn’t seem to be anyone in next years draft class that can come right in and be a sure #1 WR immediately. Looking at the Free Agent class - there isn’t a lot of meat on that bone either. There are a few complimentary guys that will sign nice contracts, but Cooper would definitely be my first choice of those. The drawback is of course the money. You lose the 1st round pick, but you also lose that rookie contract.
I think this is part of the picture but it's also being oversold completely. Guys climb and drop in the draft every year and who knows what our scouts will find when they look closer. Also, you don't need a #1 WR or a #1 anything. It makes it easier but it's a team game. Yes, we need an upgrade at WR, but what we more need is just to improve the team and that can be at any position. I look at it and to keep the comparison simple say are we better with Cooper or with ET and a 1st round WR? I don't know if ET is healthy or there is a WR the team likes so that is just one example. But he is on the team and I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it because I think he makes us better. I would feel better if Will McClay came out and said this was my idea because when I look at him on tape I think he is worth it

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now Snacks gets traded for a 5th. Seems like a steal for those Lions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now Snacks gets traded for a 5th. Seems like a steal for those Lions.
Yeah, that's crazy. He would make our defense incredible. I think he is incredible at what he does and think we run all over the Giants next game (which is good because I'm taking my daughter to that as her first ever Cowboy game). Would have given a 3rd for him in a heartbeat. Surprised no one offered more. I'd actually rather have Harrison than Cooper but I get that most probably won't agree.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is part of the picture but it's also being oversold completely. Guys climb and drop in the draft every year and who knows what our scouts will find when they look closer. Also, you don't need a #1 WR or a #1 anything. It makes it easier but it's a team game. Yes, we need an upgrade at WR, but what we more need is just to improve the team and that can be at any position. I look at it and to keep the comparison simple say are we better with Cooper or with ET and a 1st round WR? I don't know if ET is healthy or there is a WR the team likes so that is just one example. But he is on the team and I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it because I think he makes us better. I would feel better if Will McClay came out and said this was my idea because when I look at him on tape I think he is worth it

I just don’t think you can bank on rookie WRs whether it’s a first rounder or whatever. It takes WRs a little longer for the most part. The guy from Arizona St looks like the real deal but who knows. I’ve watched the Titans try to find a true #1 WR for all 20 years they have been here. They have never hit on one.
I think it’s a win now league. Cooper could help us win the division this year, but I just don’t think we are a contender. I think the Cooper trade is more about next year. I’m hoping it’s just the start of them setting up for a true run at the Super Bowl.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's crazy. He would make our defense incredible. I think he is incredible at what he does and think we run all over the Giants next game (which is good because I'm taking my daughter to that as her first ever Cowboy game). Would have given a 3rd for him in a heartbeat. Surprised no one offered more. I'd actually rather have Harrison than Cooper but I get that most probably won't agree.

I know it’s the Lions and bad things seem to happen to them, but don’t sleep on them.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you should be talking about POTENTIAL, which is what Coop has. He will clearly be the #-1 next time they take the field. If they can get him the ball, that will open up the run game.
AND.....think of how many more touches this will give Beasley who is flat ballin' right now. Let's give it a chance.
At least their tryin' sumthin!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should be talking about POTENTIAL, which is what Coop has. He will clearly be the #-1 next time they take the field. If they can get him the ball, that will open up the run game.
AND.....think of how many more touches this will give Beasley who is flat ballin' right now. Let's give it a chance.
At least their tryin' sumthin!

I totally agree.