• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Things Trade Deadline Tigers.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they did to keep Garcia away from Chicago.

I would hold on to Smyly as I think he is a future #2 or 3 guy.

Plus he is great insurance if Max walks in FA.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hold on to Smyly as I think he is a future #2 or 3 guy.

On a team with so few quality LHPs, I would hope Smyly's name never came up in these trade talks.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported the tigs tried to get profar but the rangers didnt like the garcia for profar deal. Dont know what else was discussed, but those were the 2 names.....the red sox needed the tigs for peavy.....the sox didnt want a SS. So im sure the tigs were never asked or offered about any of their pitchers. Red sox wanted peavy, white sox wanted garcia and tigers wanted a SS.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad trade Tigers had to give up someone and with the outfield crowded for the foreseeable future Vasquez was expendable. I am just wondering who that player to be named later is.

I would still like to see Detroit find a SS. I could see MLB zinging Jhonny a month before the playoffs and Detroit will be left with Santiago or Worth. Is Worth even back playing?

The thing about Smyly as a starter he would be back in the pen for playoffs with the shortened rotation. But thats just my take I still would like to see a lefty in the rotation.
With Iglesias you're set at shortstop for a long time.

Offense is a bonus at that position. Defense is a MUST up the middle!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pundits seem to agree Detroit did well in this trade!

My friend is a Sox fan and he is livid and thats good enough for me! Hates on Peavy and thinks Inglesias will be a better fielding verision of Jed Lowrie.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The middle infield if Perez comes along looks solidified defencely......

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if iglesias ends up being an average hitter it doesnt matter you win games with defense at positions like ss.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little off topic.. but from the trade deadline last year.. many people forget this kid... and only remember the tigers gave up turner and brantley.. but this kid flynn is legit and the tigers are going to end up watching not just turner turn into a legit mlb starter.. but flynn also. Its scary how many prospects the marlins got in the last year that are all within a year or two away... They got so many this guy falls throught the cracks.. not so sure the marlins didn't really get the better of the tigers on this one.. but ya know what... we kind of owed them..

Brian Flynn Rank: 10 (Preseason: 20)New Orleans Zephyrs (AAA)ETA: 2014Position: LHPAge: 23, DOB: 04/19/1990Bats: L, Throws: LHeight: 6' 7", Weight: 240Drafted: 2011, 7th (277) - DETTwitter: @BFlynn277Scouting Grades* (present/future): FB: 5/6 | Curve: 4/5 | Slider: 3/4 | Changeup: 4/5 | Control: 4/5 | Overall: 4/5
Jacob Turner and Rob Brantly may have received most of the attention in the package of players the Marlins received for Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante, but it would be a mistake to completely ignore Flynn. That would be a hard task anyway, given his 6-foot-8 frame. His ability to touch 94 mph with his fastball should make people take note as well. Pitching downhill, he's able to generate groundballs when he's on. His best secondary pitch is his curve, which will flash as an average breaking ball, and his changeup has the chance to be average as well. He hasn't always dominated despite his size and flashes of good stuff, but the potential is still in there, as he showed with a strong Arizona Fall League stint. The Marlins hope that acts as a springboard for better things to come.