• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Things Trade Deadline Tigers.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the trade deadline approaches I have not seen any real names that can help Detroit. But the media likes to hype the Red Sox and Yankees so if a player isn't on their shopping list you don't hear much.

I liked Francisco Rodriguez and thought he could have been a fit for Detroit. I guess the Orioles prospect, which didn't look all that good, was enticing for the Brewers.

Luke Gregson is mentioned but I get the feeling the Padres are looking for a top quality prospect like Garcia or Castellanos.

The Tim Lincecum rumors were probably just that. His salary and want to stay as a starter probably chased Detroit off.

I still would like to see Detroit try for one of the Diamondbacks young SS. I just can't see Peralta back next year.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been listening to Iffy too much......lol

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade garcia for gregerson...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude 70% of your posts are iffster related. That is impressive.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude 70% of your posts are iffster related. That is impressive.

Testify! :agree:

As for the AZ shortstops. Didi Gregorious is a sharp fielder with a good arm, but despite his hot start with the bat, he has never shown an indication of being a top flight hitter. Chris Owing might be a better pickup. But I think the D'Backs are aware of that....so he will be expensive. As for the the other SS...Nick Ahmed...he is struggling at AA Mobile. A good short-term pick up would have been Willie Bloomquist...but he is out until September with a hand injury.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregorious seems to have the position locked down for the foreseeable future.

If Owing is a top prospect the I could see the Tigers offering a Garcia.

At this point it would take a real nice trade offer to give up Castellanos. Dirks days are numbered in the outfield.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rondon and Benoit pitching well I wonder if the pressure is off to get a top flight reliever.

In the playoffs Porcello becomes a reliever and that would help.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers need at least one dependable relief pitcher.

Chris Owings will be a good trade chip for AZ. I'm thinking they want to give Gregorious the rest of the year before declaring him SS for the near future. Owings' only glaring problem is plate discipline. He K's a lot and does not take walks. So far his ability to make good contact offsets the swings and misses....

Would I trade Castellanos for him? No. I imagine AZ uses him or Gregorious to land a major player for next year. (With Ian Kennedy pitching his way to oblivion - probably a starting pitcher.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One lefty relief pitcher and a reserve middle infielder who can be used as a pinch runner please. I'd take another reliever too, but I don't want to be greedy. (Garcia would be my first choice on who to use also)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but i wouldnt mind alexai ramirez still. I think a change of scenery might help him. He has more errors, but his range and arm are above avg. plus he gives us a little more speed. Just think the sox are in big time sell mode and we can steal him away for something cheap.

K rod was stolen. He would of been a GREAT fit for this team. Are the tigers watching brian wilson too? Just wondering. Heard he threw for the giants.

Wonder what it might take to get castro from the cubs. With baez coming up, castro will be traded or moved to 2B. Even tho santiago had a big hit tonight, im sick of watching him play.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lexi Ramirez will cost to much inside the division.

As for Owings plate discipline that sounds an awful lot like Austin Jackson 2-3 years ago.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Detroit could find a good package to bring a solid reliever and a young SS to Detroit, I could see Smyly being put back into the rotation and Porcello being part of that package.

Smyly has out performed all expectations and as good as he has been I think for the playoff run he is more valuable as a starter if they had another dependable arm in the bullpen.

Once Detroit makes it to the playoffs their rotation only goes 3-4 deep and Smyly could return to the pen.

Regardless of the package I hope it's for a solid young guy and not a stop gap like Marco Scutaro.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregerson from SD for Avisail Garcia and a mid-level prospect, or two, like Ramon Cabrera.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Scutaro available? I think he is under contract for a couple more years. He'd be someone to consider only if they think Peralta is about to have a vacation (or Infante's injury is going to linger). Come to think of it.....maybe getting him is not a bad idea, if SF wants to dump some cash this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Detroit could find a good package to bring a solid reliever and a young SS to Detroit, I could see Smyly being put back into the rotation and Porcello being part of that package.

Smyly has out performed all expectations and as good as he has been I think for the playoff run he is more valuable as a starter if they had another dependable arm in the bullpen.

Once Detroit makes it to the playoffs their rotation only goes 3-4 deep and Smyly could return to the pen.

Regardless of the package I hope it's for a solid young guy and not a stop gap like Marco Scutaro.

I don't see any way Smyly helps this team as a starter this season. If Detroit needs another starter, Id be surprised if its not Alverez, or possibly Jair if things get crazy, or dont matter late in September. I really can't foresee him being in the rotation next season either. Barring injury to a member of the rotation, or some crazy trade where we clean up on relievers and a middle infielder.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be in support of Alexei Ramirez. He has errors, but he gets to balls that lead foot can only dream of. The team ERA would be .2-.4 lower with him in the infield. (Baby steps can't help that much:)

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems some are underestimating the bat of Jhonny so far this season.....far far out weighs any D problems this year, saying he couldn't get to balls is just guessing.....a guy hitting under .250 no power would drive a lot of posters bat shit crazy.....
Like what else dose Rick have to do to make people get off this Smyly should start stuff.....Without Smyly in the pen I can't imagine the mess the Tigers would be in.....

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta is fine for now.....but before next season, he be gone. If Tigers were in a 'sell' position..he'd be the first to go to a contender.

If Porcello could bring two needed parts (relief, young infielder, and/or OF), I'd trade him. If not - keep him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also dont like smyly in the rotation hes been a force in the pen and i just dont see how a package including porcello will improve our team. We would basically be replacing smyly in the pen with the guy we pick up in the trade and still have a hole in the pen.