• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers want a first round pick of multiple high picks for Antonio Brown. I think I would be ok with trading a third of second this year and a second rounder next with another pick of that is what it took.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Steelers want a first round pick of multiple high picks for Antonio Brown. I think I would be ok with trading a third of second this year and a second rounder next with another pick of that is what it took.

I will say PASS because something went wrong with his 'team' concept, beginning 3 seasons ago. So i wouldn't want to make any trade, even if it doesn't involve 1st rounders.

Next, he cost too much considering he's leaving his prime years.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say PASS because something went wrong with his 'team' concept, beginning 3 seasons ago. So i wouldn't want to make any trade, even if it doesn't involve 1st rounders.

Next, he cost too much considering he's leaving his prime years.

Fair enough but he is the type of WR they need

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is similar to Moss and T.O. 'Me-first' HOF receivers that lasted their longest with the team that drafted them....put up with them as the player became more and more of a problem until they had to do something. Then, those guys started hopping from team to team every 2 or 3 years or so.

I don't care how good he is.....SF currently doesn't have a strong veteran lockerroom that would straighten a shit like Brown out when he starts acting up...and he will act up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brown is similar to Moss and T.O. 'Me-first' HOF receivers that lasted their longest with the team that drafted them....put up with them as the player became more and more of a problem until they had to do something. Then, those guys started hopping from team to team every 2 or 3 years or so.

I don't care how good he is.....SF currently doesn't have a strong veteran lockerroom that would straighten a shit like Brown out when he starts acting up...and he will act up.

Yes, that is the main concern for me too, his issue didn't just happen last month, it started 3 years ago. If it was 'fixable', you'd think the Steelers would've done EVERYTHING in their power to fix it?

So why would "all of a sudden", he joins the 49ers and everything is rosy? What is Shannahan spreads the wealth like he should (he does have Kittle)? What will AB do when doesn't get the ball half the time? We would be in similar straits as the Steelers now, don't want him but huge cap hit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
tps://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article224148420.html

As much as i would like to keep Armstead, too difficult looking at the big picture. First, you almost have to let Thomas take the lion's share at DE. Can't see Lynch dumping Thomas and letting Armstead take the lions share? Then there is Armsteads large cap hit, unwarranted with his poor ability to pressure.

Street and Taylor as back up DE's isn't ideal, but i'm sure Lynch wants to see Street get every opportunity.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McGlinchey, who doesn't put much stock in Pro Football Focus' grading system, ranked as the second-highest graded run blocker among NFL tackles and fourth among all offensive linemen across the league, according to the analytics site. By comparison, his counterpart on the other side, veteran Joe Staley, ranked eighth among NFL tackles.

wow, am i reading this right, 4th best across the NFL?

Good for Staley too, 8th best at this stage of his career.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey, who doesn't put much stock in Pro Football Focus' grading system, ranked as the second-highest graded run blocker among NFL tackles and fourth among all offensive linemen across the league, according to the analytics site. By comparison, his counterpart on the other side, veteran Joe Staley, ranked eighth among NFL tackles.

wow, am i reading this right, 4th best across the NFL?

Good for Staley too, 8th best at this stage of his career.

I know McGlinchey is highly ranked. I didn't verify this, but someone mentioned he is ranked higher than Nelson, the OG who was the top OL prospect and draft pick last year

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know McGlinchey is highly ranked. I didn't verify this, but someone mentioned he is ranked higher than Nelson, the OG who was the top OL prospect and draft pick last year

According to PFF he was ish g their metric. He'll replace Staley when he retires.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saints DE Alex Okafor, 6-year veteran, 27-years old

This is an example of a Free Agent to sign, cause we don't have to commit to him as starter. The he won't break our cap bank. Not saying he is a solution to ER, but am saying we always add to our weak spots prior to the draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints DE Alex Okafor, 6-year veteran, 27-years old

This is an example of a Free Agent to sign, cause we don't have to commit to him as starter. The he won't break our cap bank. Not saying he is a solution to ER, but am saying we always add to our weak spots prior to the draft.

I guess, he had four sacks on the season, less than two of the 49ers DE. He isn't the answer, I would rather spend three picks in the draft on edge players than waste cap space on him. As a free agent he's a waste of time. He turns 28 in February.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, much has been made about how little Brown is owed in the final three years of his deal. $38.925 million in three seasons for a truly elite receiver is a bargain but what Brown is owed and the actual cap hit are not the same. According to multiple websites, including Overthecap.com and Spotrac.com, Brown's cap hits in 2019, 2020 and 2021 are $22.165 million, $18.34 million and $19.54 million, respectively. That's a total of more than $60 million.

Wow, so looks like his total contract would apply to our cap hit, even though Pittsburgn actually pays the signing bonus.