• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Star Ballots are out.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys voting for?

Mine:
Curry
Westbrook
Leonard
Durant
Davis

Lowry
Butler
LeBron
Porzingis
Drummond

Thought about putting Melo since he will probably be selected even though he can't shoot for shit anymore, seems like. Also thought about Bosh. Ultimately went with the rookie. I know, I'm crazy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West:
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Draymond Green
Davis

Realistically, Kobe and Blake Griffin will both be in there and likely Westbrook and Green out.

East:
Lowry
Butler
Lebron
George
Drummond

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys voting for?

Mine:
Curry
Westbrook
Leonard
Durant
Davis

Lowry
Butler
LeBron
Porzingis
Drummond

Thought about putting Melo since he will probably be selected even though he can't shoot for shit anymore, seems like. Also thought about Bosh. Ultimately went with the rookie. I know, I'm crazy.

You missed Paul George. Also you're a total homer for voting for Kawhi.

Don't look at my ballot, though.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch out the rookie for Paul George and I agree with it. But with the stupid fan voting, Kobe and Zinger(who has been good but not good enough to make the EC starting 5) both will probably make the starting lineup.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West will actually have some interesting changes to round out the team. Couple of guys who will be polarizing when it comes to putting the reserves together:

Locks(because of fan voting):
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Davis

Contenders: Leonard, Green, CP3, Rondo, Bledsoe, Knight, Lillard, Harden, Cousins, Gasol, Favors, Towns, Dirk, Aldridge.

From a statistical stand point Rondo and Cousins should both be there, but I would be sick putting two guys from a losing team on there. Harden is still averaging close to 30 and even if he's beyond terrible on D, that's hard to deny. CP3 is having another good year, but Bledsoe and Knight are putting up good numbers too. Lillard is beasting on a bad Portland team. Gasol is having a down year statistically but he's still one of the best bigs out there. LA and Dirk's numbers are down, but their teams are doing well because of them. Favors and Towns are two young guys that should get a look as well. Leonard should be a lock and I believe Green should be a lock too because 1) he's playing like an allstar and 2) you can't have just one all-star from the Warriors if they keep up with racking up wins.

I have 14 guys for 7 spots in the West.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...where's Paul George. He is a lock imo
Sorry about that. :/ I accidentally scrolled past him.

You missed Paul George. Also you're a total homer for voting for Kawhi.

Don't look at my ballot, though.
lolol.

Switch out the rookie for Paul George and I agree with it. But with the stupid fan voting, Kobe and Zinger(who has been good but not good enough to make the EC starting 5) both will probably make the starting lineup.
Yeah, accidentally scrolled past George. Mistake.

The West will actually have some interesting changes to round out the team. Couple of guys who will be polarizing when it comes to putting the reserves together:

Locks(because of fan voting):
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Davis

Contenders: Leonard, Green, CP3, Rondo, Bledsoe, Knight, Lillard, Harden, Cousins, Gasol, Favors, Towns, Dirk, Aldridge.

From a statistical stand point Rondo and Cousins should both be there, but I would be sick putting two guys from a losing team on there. Harden is still averaging close to 30 and even if he's beyond terrible on D, that's hard to deny. CP3 is having another good year, but Bledsoe and Knight are putting up good numbers too. Lillard is beasting on a bad Portland team. Gasol is having a down year statistically but he's still one of the best bigs out there. LA and Dirk's numbers are down, but their teams are doing well because of them. Favors and Towns are two young guys that should get a look as well. Leonard should be a lock and I believe Green should be a lock too because 1) he's playing like an allstar and 2) you can't have just one all-star from the Warriors if they keep up with racking up wins.

I have 14 guys for 7 spots in the West.
I wish Kobe and Griffin weren't fan locks because Griffin has been playing well but Kawhi has been playing so much better than him on both ends of the floor...obviously he doesn't score as much cause of the Spurs' system but still. Draymond should be there as well. Sadly, the fans seem to be idiots and the coaches should be the ones voting for the starting 5. Fans can vote for reserves. I can't say I've seen many AS games where I've agreed 100% with the entire starting lineup on both sides...I'm sure some of you can say the same.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So annoying that Kobe will be taking up someone's spot undeservingly… again. At least this is the last year it happens. Woo!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to vote. Get back to me in January

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West:
Starter/Back ups:
PG: Steph Curry/Russell Westbrook/Chris Paul
SG: Klay Thompson/James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leornard
PF: Blake Griffin/Anthony Davis/Derrick Favors
C: Deandre Jordan/Karl-Anthony Towns

East:
Starter/Back ups:
PG: Kyle Lowry/Isaiah Thomas
SG: Jimmy Butler/Demar DeRozan
SF: LeBron James/Carmelo Anthony
PF: Paul George/Paul Millsap/Kevin Love
C: Andre Drummond/Brook Lopez/Hassan Whiteside

Man, west is so much more loaded.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West:
Starter/Back ups:
PG: Steph Curry/Russell Westbrook/Chris Paul
SG: Klay Thompson/James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leornard
PF: Blake Griffin/Anthony Davis/Derrick Favors
C: Deandre Jordan/Karl-Anthony Towns

East:
Starter/Back ups:
PG: Kyle Lowry/Isaiah Thomas
SG: Jimmy Butler/Demar DeRozan
SF: LeBron James/Carmelo Anthony
PF: Paul George/Paul Millsap/Kevin Love
C: Andre Drummond/Brook Lopez/Hassan Whiteside

Man, west is so much more loaded.

Boogie instead of Towns.

PORZINGIS ... instead of Whiteside ?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie instead of Towns.

PORZINGIS ... instead of Whiteside ?

I don't like the fact that Cousins is shooting 42% from the field. That's pretty awful for a big man. Their PER's are about the same

And I think Whiteside has been better than Porzingis.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the fact that Cousins is shooting 42% from the field. That's pretty awful for a big man. Their PER's are about the same

And I think Whiteside has been better than Porzingis.

No Draymond?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Draymond?

He was certainly tough to leave off. Just think Griffin, Davis and Favors are having better seasons this far. West is loaded at PF. Nowitzki and Dray were tough to leave off.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was certainly tough to leave off. Just think Griffin, Davis and Favors are having better seasons this far. West is loaded at PF. Nowitzki and Dray were tough to leave off.

Favors? Really?

Also Klay isn't having that great of a season so far. There's definitely other deserving candidates that should be there right now ahead of him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favors? Really?

Also Klay isn't having that great of a season so far. There's definitely other deserving candidates that should be there right now ahead of him.

Favors is averaging 17 and 9 on 54% shooting from the field. Favors is 8th in PER in the entire NBA. He's been great this year. Him and Draymond are different players, even though both PF's. Draymond's been really good this year. PF is just stacked this year.

And I still think Klay deserves to be there. Harden has been so inefficient this year and on a bad performing team. Klay is still shooting 46% from the field and 44% from 3. Klay isn't having as good of a season as he did last year, but its only slightly worse IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, and it's stupid. Coaches should get to vote. Not just because of Kobe either, it happens every year with 4-5 different players.

Coaches do have a say on the rest of the roster. The all-star game is for the fans. If the fans want to see Kobe one last time, they'll vote him in, if not, they won't. No point in worrying about who made it, who didn't and who got screwed.

Even with a coaches vote, there would be controversy because some positions are so deep that there's no way to include everyone who's having an all-star caliber season.

Coaches, and probably most of the players, would rather not have it at all. Fans care a lot more about it than they do. If the NBA did like MLB and made the all-star game actually count for something, then maybe you take the fan vote away, but not when it's completely meaningless.