• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick your 2020 Olympic Roster

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it's even fear. Likely they just think it should be a political choice.

Imo, people on both sides of the issue need to stfu and leave each other alone. Getting vaccinated doesn't make someone a pussy and not getting vaccinated doesn't make someone stupid.

The info is out there on both sides of the issue for people to read and make their own choice. I chose to get vaccinated because I have 4 people in my life who would be at risk if they caught it. Based on the information I read, I felt that getting vaccinated would help protect them.

If not for that, I probably wouldn't have. Not because I'm afraid of a shot...but because I'm blessed with a strong immune system and don't really feel I need it. It's the same reason I don't ever get a flu shot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, people on both sides of the issue need to stfu and leave each other alone. Getting vaccinated doesn't make someone a pussy and not getting vaccinated doesn't make someone stupid.

The info is out there on both sides of the issue for people to read and make their own choice. I chose to get vaccinated because I have 4 people in my life who would be at risk if they caught it. Based on the information I read, I felt that getting vaccinated would help protect them.

If not for that, I probably wouldn't have. Not because I'm afraid of a shot...but because I'm blessed with a strong immune system and don't really feel I need it. It's the same reason I don't ever get a flu shot.
Makes sense. That said, I can see why fans or especially teammates of NFL players who refused would be bothered. Maybe not life or death, but I'm sure they'd hate to see their season derailed because of a breakout.

Cannot recall who said this but does seem odd they'd refuse a vaccine that has very minimal risk and would quit the sport (as a few have said) but will play a sport that by it's very nature could give them brain damage?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. That said, I can see why fans or especially teammates of NFL players who refused would be bothered. Maybe not life or death, but I'm sure they'd hate to see their season derailed because of a breakout.

That, to me, is a little different. That is more of an employer/employee thing.

If I had chosen not to get vaccinated, but my employer said that to keep my job I would need to get vaccinated...I'm getting vaccinated unless I have something better lined up.

Cannot recall who said this but does seem odd they'd refuse a vaccine that has very minimal risk and would quit the sport (as a few have said) but will play a sport that by it's very nature could give them brain damage?

I think it was Jemele Hill.

As someone who played football from age 8 to age 20...I can only say that no one has ever accused football players of being smart. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please don't use the flu as a comparison. That's been a big part of the issue with this virus since the beginning.

There needs to be more group-think involving the virus, not just how it impacts any one person as an individual (as how you made your decision).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't use the flu as a comparison. That's been a big part of the issue with this virus since the beginning.

I'm not using it as a comparison other than to say, I made the decision the same way I always do and the same way I have re: flu shots. I looked at all of the available info and decided what was best for myself and my family. People freaking out every time someone mentions the flu in regards to Covid are part of the problem.

There needs to be more group-think involving the virus, not just how it impacts any one person as an individual (as how you made your decision).

No. There doesn't need to be "group think" on anything. People need to look at the available info and make their own decision. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do and don't need anyone telling me what to do. Medical issues, which is what this is, are and should be private decisions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we make an Olympic Team thread and I'll sticky it? Thoughts?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not using it as a comparison other than to say, I made the decision the same way I always do and the same way I have re: flu shots. I looked at all of the available info and decided what was best for myself and my family. People freaking out every time someone mentions the flu in regards to Covid are part of the problem.

No. There doesn't need to be "group think" on anything. People need to look at the available info and make their own decision. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do and don't need anyone telling me what to do. Medical issues, which is what this is, are and should be private decisions.

Public heath issues go beyond personal choices IMO. If you want this crap to end before we get any more variants, we need herd immunity. Otherwise, it will just keep cycing around and we will need to get annual boosters.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public heath issues go beyond personal choices IMO. If you want this crap to end before we get any more variants, we need herd immunity. Otherwise, it will just keep cycing around and we will need to get annual boosters.

So...like the flu then.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree for the most part, but people that decide not to get it have to be prepared for potential consequences. The country won’t be shut down again and it’s just a matter of time until more courts rule that businesses can require it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part, but people that decide not to get it have to be prepared for potential consequences. The country won’t be shut down again and it’s just a matter of time until more courts rule that businesses can require it.

Exactly. People make decisions and then they deal with the results of those decisions. If they don't get vaccinated and a business owner doesn't want their business or their employer says they can't work there if they're not vaccinated...they get to deal with that. That's how it's supposed to work.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. People make decisions and then they deal with the results of those decisions. If they don't get vaccinated and a business owner doesn't want their business or their employer says they can't work there if they're not vaccinated...they get to deal with that. That's how it's supposed to work.

Yep. I still find it funny how some people are shocked that they may lose their job if they don't get vaccinated. The choice is simple. Your employer can make it mandatory and you can choose to do it or not do it but brace yourself to be unemployed if you choose to not get it.

I'm in healthcare and they already making moves like the NFL. Must do covid pcr test weekly if you're not vaccinated and already sent a mass email saying it will become mandatory once it is fda approved

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I still find it funny how some people are shocked that they may lose their job if they don't get vaccinated. The choice is simple. Your employer can make it mandatory and you can choose to do it or not do it but brace yourself to be unemployed if you choose to not get it.

I'm in healthcare and they already making moves like the NFL. Must do covid pcr test weekly if you're not vaccinated and already sent a mass email saying it will become mandatory once it is fda approved

2 of my daughters are nurses. Same thing. Get vaccinated, get tested. It's non-negotiable.

I work for the state. Right now we're working from home, but they've already sent out "surveys" to see who's vaccinated. If/when they want us in the office, I expect vaccination will be mandatory, especially for folks who deal with the public.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna need those boosters no matter what I suspect

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw a post from some world leader, maybe the French Prime Minister?

Somebody like that.

But the gist was that France was opening back up. And they were not going to wait any longer for the people refusing to get vaxxed.

As of a certain date in the future, people will have to show proof of vaccination to do things like eat out, go to the movies, etc.

I am sure they will have some system for proving vaccination much better than a piece of paper too.

Anyway the tone of the message was one of “we aren’t waiting for the fools. You choose not to get vaxxed, you get to stay at home this time.”

I like that a lot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a post from some world leader, maybe the French Prime Minister?

Somebody like that.

But the gist was that France was opening back up. And they were not going to wait any longer for the people refusing to get vaxxed.

As of a certain date in the future, people will have to show proof of vaccination to do things like eat out, go to the movies, etc.

I am sure they will have some system for proving vaccination much better than a piece of paper too.

Anyway the tone of the message was one of “we aren’t waiting for the fools. You choose not to get vaxxed, you get to stay at home this time.”

I like that a lot.

I like it too but how do you know validate which is legit and which is not with a damn vaccination card

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it too but how do you know validate which is legit and which is not with a damn vaccination card

If you are doing that, there has to be some type of government issue card or something that people can carry and swipe.

Could be a phone ap too maybe?

I don’t know.

But I think that part is pretty easy to figure out given all the technology at our disposal.