• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Four

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Cedeno, Maholm, Snyder and Doumit were all declined what options do the Pirates have?

I am still looking at the names but there are no internal improvements at SS or C and Pitching is a huge question mark so lets hope they spend money wisely this year in the FA but we are yet to see that either.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all depends how they spend the 20ish million they would have payed Maholm, Cedeno, and one of the catchers.

I don't think there is a huge need to upgrade the starting staff, because I think there are at least some options internally that would work. But shortstop and catcher are black holes at this point, that need to be addressed by legit major league options.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all depends how they spend the 20ish million they would have payed Maholm, Cedeno, and one of the catchers.

I don't think there is a huge need to upgrade the starting staff, because I think there are at least some options internally that would work. But shortstop and catcher are black holes at this point, that need to be addressed by legit major league options.

Yes element, I agree. However, the one thing that this organization has not shown yet, is that they will pay Legit Money to get these Legit Major League Options to Pittsburgh.

We have proven that we will spend on the Draft & on Legit Draft Picks.

It is now time to put money in to the Major League Product on the Field.

This organization still has yet to show that they will do that.

Also, when I talk about spending. I'm talking about spending on Legit Upgrades to the team.

Not the Derek Bell's of the world.

The Organization still has not done that yet.

PS Speaking of Spending on Legit Players:

What happened to this Neil Walker extension that we all were lead to believe was going to be done, before the end of this past season?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedeno really surprises me, thought for sure they would keep him for 3 mill.

No way we get the big fish in the free agent market.. NH and company have been terrible so far when spending on free agents. Maybe they will get smarter/luckier this year.

I bet they go after a 1st baseman too, at least a platoon partner for Jones.

As for Walker, haven't heard anything in a while. I guess him and Mcutchen are the 2 biggest priorities this off season.