• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother Fucking TSN was wonky after the match. I missed the reveal

They did put on a helleva show.....

Only for an hour.

They're gonna stack the first couple of shows to get you in the habit of watching. They won't all be like this. And shouldn't. Their roster is large enough now to where they need the extra time for other people.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna stack the first couple of shows to get you in the habit of watching. They won't all be like this. And shouldn't. Their roster is large enough now to where they need the extra time for other people.

Then why not compete...

Make it 2 hours and go head to head with the "Big boys"

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was a solid debut show. I was thinking that they would do a double dq or something with the Christian Cage vs Kenny Omega match so they could protect both guys going into All Out. But I thought it was a solid match.
Fuego looked genuinely surprised when Sammy came down and they officially made him a part of the roster. I thought it was a good moment.
I hope Jericho isn't a full time announcer on this show. He was way too much tonight. If anyone should've played the heel announcer, it should've been Taz instead.
Was surprised that they didn't mention anything about NJPW Resurgence that's airing tomorrow night since there's some AEW talent (Moxley and Archer) and talent that's been featured on Dynamite (Good Bros. and Wheeler Yuta) that'll be on there.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was a solid debut show. I was thinking that they would do a double dq or something with the Christian Cage vs Kenny Omega match so they could protect both guys going into All Out. But I thought it was a solid match.
Fuego looked genuinely surprised when Sammy came down and they officially made him a part of the roster. I thought it was a good moment.
I hope Jericho isn't a full time announcer on this show. He was way too much tonight. If anyone should've played the heel announcer, it should've been Taz instead.
Was surprised that they didn't mention anything about NJPW Resurgence that's airing tomorrow night since there's some AEW talent (Moxley and Archer) and talent that's been featured on Dynamite (Good Bros. and Wheeler Yuta) that'll be on there.

Jericho i get. He was meh tonight. He needs to look at Sd Tazz and learn. For now I'd try someone else, Callis maybe. I would find it interesting how he sees other matches.

Jericho vs MJF case in point.

Again my issue is my issue. Like I would have added a couple matches. One being a Womens match. Try to compete with that 8-9 audience

I remember the Americas top team segment was pushed back from Wednesday to Next Wednesday. Why not throw that in here?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jericho i get. He was meh tonight. He needs to look at Sd Tazz and learn. For now I'd try someone else, Callis maybe. I would find it interesting how he sees other matches.

Jericho vs MJF case in point.

Again my issue is my issue. Like I would have added a couple matches. One being a Womens match. Try to compete with that 8-9 audience

I remember the Americas top team segment was pushed back from Wednesday to Next Wednesday. Why not throw that in here?
I had no problem with the length of the matches really. You had a 2 minute match and a couple of matches that really didn't overstay their welcome. Agree about Smackdown Tazz. I think he was at his best at that point. Jericho when he first did the announcing did a really good job and it was sometime after those tapings at the studio last year he regressed quite a bit. I was surprised it wasn't Paul Wight that was out there instead of Jericho. But four people is way too many people in a commentary booth. Even three a lot of times is in my opinion. I've always liked two.
They probably didn't want to cram in too much in one hour and have it be rushed. They'll have more time on Dynamite to do whatever it is they want to do. Maybe Archer loses the US title at Resurgence and that way, they can mock him on the mic until he decides to come out.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Crusierweight championship

But i'm all set up and praying to Jeebus that this whole TSN direct thing is Permeant

I think the cruiserweight division worked in mid 90s WCW because Hogan, Nash, Paul Wight, Luger... were the main event scene. It was a contrast. AEW's last PPV had Pac and Orange Cassidy in the world title. A cruiserweight title would be redundant imo.

I don't mind the idea of a 3 man title though.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with the length of the matches really. You had a 2 minute match and a couple of matches that really didn't overstay their welcome. Agree about Smackdown Tazz. I think he was at his best at that point. Jericho when he first did the announcing did a really good job and it was sometime after those tapings at the studio last year he regressed quite a bit. I was surprised it wasn't Paul Wight that was out there instead of Jericho. But four people is way too many people in a commentary booth. Even three a lot of times is in my opinion. I've always liked two.
They probably didn't want to cram in too much in one hour and have it be rushed. They'll have more time on Dynamite to do whatever it is they want to do. Maybe Archer loses the US title at Resurgence and that way, they can mock him on the mic until he decides to come out.

My problem is why not make it 2 hours?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is why not make it 2 hours?
I guess it’d be hard to keep an audience in that second hour from 11-midnight would be my guess. And they don’t want to start it at nine and go against the second hour of Smackdown.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it’d be hard to keep an audience in that second hour from 11-midnight would be my guess. And they don’t want to start it at nine and go against the second hour of Smackdown.
This

it’s a tough spot to be in.

basically draft off the fans who watch sd

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. Hell when TSN had it scheduled at 10:00, I thought this might be hard but I forgot to factor time zones.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Jericho

I was dying at his comments during miro match

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show was ok but bad booking all over the place

- cut hangman story down with someone else beating omega

- ignore match stipulation, making the match meaningless

- small weak heel wins clean

bad trio of errors

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Jericho

I was dying at his comments during miro match
Jericho and Taz should’ve switched roles. If I was a first time viewer and I saw how belligerent Jericho was acting towards the faces and saw he had a match next week, I’d want to see MJF kick his ass.
The show was ok but bad booking all over the place

- cut hangman story down with someone else beating omega

- ignore match stipulation, making the match meaningless

- small weak heel wins clean

bad trio of errors
I’m guessing part of why they did the Hangman story the way they did was probably because he’s going to be off tv for a short time with the birth of his child. I’m sure he’ll be back involved with Kenny some point soon.
I can see the ignoring of the match stipulation being something you don’t like and won’t really argue that. But was glad to see Fuego get a contract since he’s always one of the more entertaining parts of Sammy’s vlog.
At least Britt winning is something they do way better than WWE has for a long time, which is put people over in their own home towns instead of beating them there on a consistent basis.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jericho and Taz should’ve switched roles. If I was a first time viewer and I saw how belligerent Jericho was acting towards the faces and saw he had a match next week, I’d want to see MJF kick his ass.

I’m guessing part of why they did the Hangman story the way they did was probably because he’s going to be off tv for a short time with the birth of his child. I’m sure he’ll be back involved with Kenny some point soon.
I can see the ignoring of the match stipulation being something you don’t like and won’t really argue that. But was glad to see Fuego get a contract since he’s always one of the more entertaining parts of Sammy’s vlog.

for the record, my dislike of it has nothing to do with fuego at all.

could be anyone.

same with the bs on nxt with the love her or leave her match

you make the stipulation, you live by it

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record, my dislike of it has nothing to do with fuego at all.

could be anyone.

same with the bs on nxt with the love her or leave her match

you make the stipulation, you live by it
I know and I see your viewpoint. AEW deserves to hear the backlash from doing it as much as WWE or anyone else does.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and I see your viewpoint. AEW deserves to hear the backlash from doing it as much as WWE or anyone else does.

yup.
Same with the caster thing.
Can’t claim you’re the anti wwe when you do wwe type things

Now I just don’t buy the Cody stipulation.

maybe Jericho sets him free when he retires

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup.
Same with the caster thing.
Can’t claim you’re the anti wwe when you do wwe type things

Now I just don’t buy the Cody stipulation.

maybe Jericho sets him free when he retires
Caster should’ve gotten the Sammy treatment where he’s gone for a month if anything. The rumored two months is a little excessive in my opinion.
I don’t think anyone really buys the Cody thing either but at least so far they’ve honored it and it’s been close to two years.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caster should’ve gotten the Sammy treatment where he’s gone for a month if anything. The rumored two months is a little excessive in my opinion.
I don’t think anyone really buys the Cody thing either but at least so far they’ve honored it and it’s been close to two years.

I think it’s bs.

it’s a big nothing burger and it’s embarrassing for aew

the Sammy thing I get but even that is a misunderstanding

I had multiple chicks i dated say they were going to “r*pe” me

it’s a dumb vernacular young kids use