• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also judging by the online response I'm in a very small minority of people who liked Cody's promo.

It reminds me of the reaction to Springsteen's "meet in the middle" SB commercial. The country's so polarized right now that any call for patriotism or a reconciliation pisses both sides off.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pinnacle/IC fued can go back and forth for awhile as long as it ends with Jericho putting over MJF decisively in a singles match at the end.
I also think it needs to elevate Sammy into the next level.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I thought the Blood and Guts match was a breakout moment for him
That and the promo during the parley and the short one he did on this past Dynamite where he was serious and intense were real good.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no question Sammy has been the biggest winner of the this feud so far.

I thought wardlow was gonna be the breakout star of the match. They’ve been very careful with how they used him for the last year plus. It seemed a good time to unleash him

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no question Sammy has been the biggest winner of the this feud so far.

I thought wardlow was gonna be the breakout star of the match. They’ve been very careful with how they used him for the last year plus. It seemed a good time to unleash him
I’ve been surprised about Wardlow a bit as well. I get the slow burn for the guy and waiting until he’s ready but at the same time, you don’t want to wait too long either or else nobody will care.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hold a bat and get interrupted during promos?

That sucks, do something, anything.

He's 62 years old. What do you expect? He's not gonna be wrestling weekly matches or matches period. You might get an occasional safe bump from him once every few weeks but that's it. They've also used cinematic matches to their benefit so they can protect him.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 62 years old. What do you expect? He's not gonna be wrestling weekly matches or matches period. You might get an occasional safe bump from him once every few weeks but that's it. They've also used cinematic matches to their benefit so they can protect him.
I'm assuming now that Darby lost the TNT title that they'll have another cinematic tag match, this time against Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page while Archer gets a shot at Miro. Would be shocked if it was a regular tag match, unless Darby gets tossed around for 95% of the time. So that would mean that it'd be the 2nd cinematic match if you count the Stadium Stampede as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming now that Darby lost the TNT title that they'll have another cinematic tag match, this time against Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page while Archer gets a shot at Miro. Would be shocked if it was a regular tag match, unless Darby gets tossed around for 95% of the time. So that would mean that it'd be the 2nd cinematic match if you count the Stadium Stampede as well.
If they’re turning archer face to go after miro id like a little more time to build that story.

i agree on the sting darby tag stuff. I’m fine with a cinematic match to protect sting. I love the guy, but he’s in the realm of my parents age, I can’t imagine it’s too safe to still be doing this

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they’re turning archer face to go after miro id like a little more time to build that story.

i agree on the sting darby tag stuff. I’m fine with a cinematic match to protect sting. I love the guy, but he’s in the realm of my parents age, I can’t imagine it’s too safe to still be doing this
Archer has been more of a tweener/face for at least the past six months or so. A lot of this upcoming ppv seems thrown together, so having this match doesn’t bother me as much.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archer has been more of a tweener/face for at least the past six months or so. A lot of this upcoming ppv seems thrown together, so having this match doesn’t bother me as much.

what? This card for double or nothing is incredible.

it puts that trash wrestlemania to shame

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official. Omega vs Andrade in Mexico for the AAA title on August 14th.

I'm still betting Andrade joins AEW at some point in the near future

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? This card for double or nothing is incredible.

it puts that trash wrestlemania to shame
There isn’t anything on the show that’d make me want to pay $50 to see it. If it was just a Kenny vs PAC match, it’d at least be good but I just haven‘t cared about Orange Cassidy for close to a year. The Pinnacle and Inner Circle is going backwards in terms of matchmaking. Blood and Guts should end the feud and be put on a ppv to make people want to see it, not be given away on free tv. We don’t really know anything about how Ogogo will be since all he’s done is punch people and ended his match in under a minute, so I think that there will be plenty of shenanigans in that one and Cody having to carry the match. The Young Bucks and Mox and Kingston seems like a styles clash. Plus, the Bucks are a team that while athletic, all their matches seem the same. Another match where I’m sure will have outside interference with the Good Bros being out there with them. Not sure what to think about a Miro vs Archer match but I don’t see Miro losing the title this early, so it wouldn’t shock me to see Jake turn. The women’s match should be okay at best. Shida isn’t bad but isn’t great either but I don’t see her retaining the belt. Don't know what to expect from the Sting/Darby vs Ethan and Sky if they do have a match. Hangman and Brian Cage will probably have loads of interference and should be fine but nothings memorable. They have the battle royal thing, which will be a typical one.
So at least to me, nothing that I’d want to spend money on.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News... sorta.

Not sorta. That's pretty significant news.

Moving to TBS in 2022.

In August, they're starting another show airing on TNT on Fridays at 10pm (wisely avoiding SD).

And will still air 4 "special" episodes on TNT each year, which I guess are like mini-PPVs.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sorta. That's pretty significant news.

Moving to TBS in 2022.

In August, they're starting another show airing on TNT on Fridays at 10pm (wisely avoiding SD).

And will still air 4 "special" episodes on TNT each year, which I guess are like mini-PPVs.

i kinda dig it.

I think I’m just nostalgic for sting back on tnt. Lol