• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda dig it.

I think I’m just nostalgic for sting back on tnt. Lol
Sting, Tully and Arn back on TBS to me takes me back to the days of Crockett back in the 80s when they were all in their primes.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do y’all see Dynamite moving to TBS as a lateral move, step up or step back?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sorta. That's pretty significant news.

Moving to TBS in 2022.

In August, they're starting another show airing on TNT on Fridays at 10pm (wisely avoiding SD).

And will still air 4 "special" episodes on TNT each year, which I guess are like mini-PPVs.

The Rampage debut is the night before the Andrade/Omega match. If they want to make it a big show they could have some type of tie-in on the first episode.

Also the quarterly cable super show sounds like a Clash of the Champions concept

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting, Tully and Arn back on TBS to me takes me back to the days of Crockett back in the 80s when they were all in their primes.

Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin
Ronnie Garvin
Magnum TA....sad
Nikita Koloff
Dusty
Flair

Best of times

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Had it been earlier in the run I would have said a slight step back but with all the brand awareness from already spending time on TNT I'd call it lateral. Im sure there in identical number of homes

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also the quarterly cable super show sounds like a Clash of the Champions concept

Apparently Tony Khan already made that comparison earlier today. I always liked the concept as it gives a company something to build to between PPVs and without needing to draw a buyrate you cam take more chances, like a main event spotlight for someone like Darby or Rey Fenix or you can even go with a tag team match

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strictly talking TV channel wise, its lateral. There's really no great difference between the two channels. TNT is in slightly more households total, but that's not going to be a significant factor ratings wise for them. I doubt you'll see any great variance.

But total deal wise, its a step up. They get another show and more investment from the network.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 62 years old. What do you expect? He's not gonna be wrestling weekly matches or matches period. You might get an occasional safe bump from him once every few weeks but that's it. They've also used cinematic matches to their benefit so they can protect him.

Well never mind. The mad lads are actually putting Sting in a live match at Double or Nothing. My guess is they'll do something to heavily protect him like Darby spends 90% of the match getting his ass kicked, Sting gets the hot tag, takes minimal bumps, etc, but I still don't think the risk is worth the reward.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well never mind. The mad lads are actually putting Sting in a live match at Double or Nothing. My guess is they'll do something to heavily protect him like Darby spends 90% of the match getting his ass kicked, Sting gets the hot tag, takes minimal bumps, etc, but I still don't think the risk is worth the reward.
I can see that or they jump Sting before the match and he's laid out for the majority and then Darby gets the hot tag and Sting does all of his stuff.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Little unexpected cameo today during the Sixers playoff game

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good go-home show (minus the terrible weigh in segment) for the PPV tonight. Much better than I thought it would be considering they got moved to Friday at 10 due to the NBA playoffs.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good go-home show (minus the terrible weigh in segment) for the PPV tonight. Much better than I thought it would be considering they got moved to Friday at 10 due to the NBA playoffs.

I thought is was Meh But I was multitasking.

I thought they might use the 2 special segments to boost the matches. With that said....

Britt did have a good Promo

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Inner Circle promo's (one of Jake's best that I can recall) and wasn't shocked that they had Pinnacle beat them up at the end. But there was really no need for Bischoff to be there.
The weigh in was a complete waste of time.
Didn't catch the spot where Page got busted open but it was quite a bit of blood.
Enjoyed the Kingston-Moxley promo as I enjoy seeing those two play off of each other.
The crowd still loves OC but I still don't see either him or PAC beating Omega Sunday.
Only title I see changing hands on Sunday is the women's title.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Inner Circle promo's (one of Jake's best that I can recall) and wasn't shocked that they had Pinnacle beat them up at the end. But there was really no need for Bischoff to be there.
Didn't catch the spot where Page got busted open but it was quite a bit of blood.
Enjoyed the Kingston-Moxley promo as I enjoy seeing those two play off of each other.
The crowd still loves OC but I still don't see either him or PAC beating Omega Sunday.

shida should win. But won’t.

that really felt like a good bye send off for ic.

I guess the question fir aew is, is it more important to set up the next dominant heel faction, or to keep them together so someone like Sammy can turn on them and start a big feud there.

I prefer the former as you can always have Sammy/mjf start right after this

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was odd. He actually busted open twice. First time he was bleeding from his mouth. Just something small like he bit his lip or the inside of his mouth. The second was somewhere up around his hairline, which is where most guys usually blade. But there was no real reason to blade during the match I didn't think.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per usual before a PPV, Tony Khan is doing interviews saying you can expect "big surprises" and "roster expansion".