• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that was the big payoff to the devil storyline??? :yawning:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm?

I fing loved it

To each their own.

Yeah I’m not sure how you can tell that story when it ends up the obvious choice was the guy

Like the Seth Rollins heel turn 19/20

It would’ve been better if no one expected it

I also dislike wardlow on the sideline of this story

But I guess we know one half of stadium stampede?

But my point is when you have a story, and it’s a story that is expected and been told before, you gotta hit all the little details for it to work.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First two hours of the PPV are entirely skippable. Maybe some the most boring stuff AEW has done. The last 3 matches were all good though. Brought the grade up to average. Fucking love Christian. That was awesome. You despicable magnificent bastard

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m not sure how you can tell that story when it ends up the obvious choice was the guy

Like the Seth Rollins heel turn 19/20

It would’ve been better if no one expected it

I also dislike wardlow on the sideline of this story

But I guess we know one half of stadium stampede?

But my point is when you have a story, and it’s a story that is expected and been told before, you gotta hit all the little details for it to work.

They got stuck in a hard place with Cole's injury. It's clear he was gonna be the Devil, it was gonna be revealed and he'd use that as part of him getting a title match at this PPV and likely winning. They months of this best friend story (which was very good btw) building to it. But it all got messed up with that busted ankle. Being so far invested in the story at that point, they got stuck in no man's land of too late to abandon plans all together but also not having many, if any, good pivot options of who could be a replacement Devil and still have it make sense. I thought it was best they get it out of the way and they did a decent enough job with it.

The main thing though is Samoa Joe is a world champion. BOUT FUCKING TIME

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got stuck in a hard place with Cole's injury. It's clear he was gonna be the Devil, it was gonna be revealed and he'd use that as part of him getting a title match at this PPV and likely winning. They months of this best friend story (which was very good btw) building to it. But it all got messed up with that busted ankle. Being so far invested in the story at that point, they got stuck in no man's land of too late to abandon plans all together but also not having many, if any, good pivot options of who could be a replacement Devil and still have it make sense. I thought it was best they get it out of the way and they did a decent enough job with it.

The main thing though is Samoa Joe is a world champion. BOUT FUCKING TIME

Yeah.

They could’ve done some things. But yeah, they were stuck

But again, the reveal was no where as good as the pinnacle one….which no one saw coming

The list of people this could’ve worked with was small

The best would’ve been cody lol

Wardlow also would’ve worked

Maybe Sammy Guevara

But yeah, i think the issues were as follows

1) the obvious candidate reveal
2) it dragged too long
3) it was very pre-Brodie Lee dark order

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure they wanted to give Joe the clean win for credibility to his title reign but it really felt like Cole had to screw MJF over to cost him a title match as part of the payoff of the storyline

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with Joe winning the belt since MJF is probably going to take some time off to heal his injuries.
It’s just that this Devil group consists of a leader that’s thin as a rail and has been injured. You have Wardlow, who they keep doing these start-stop pushes with to the point where the fanbase cares less and less about him. And you have the Kingdom and Roddy, who’ve been comedy acts for pretty much the vast majority of their run.
This show felt skippable and anyone can probably catch the main highlights on the YouTube channel and save their $50.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with Joe winning the belt since MJF is probably going to take some time off to heal his injuries.
It’s just that this Devil group consists of a leader that’s thin as a rail and has been injured. You have Wardlow, who they keep doing these start-stop pushes with to the point where the fanbase cares less and less about him. And you have the Kingdom and Roddy, who’ve been comedy acts for pretty much the vast majority of their run.

Time for wardlow the destroyer to come back…and then he feuds with Cole when the group implodes

If they don’t do that…idk what they’re doing

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for wardlow the destroyer to come back…and then he feuds with Cole when the group implodes

If they don’t do that…idk what they’re doing
It’d be disappointing if they did that because that sounds too identical to how he turned face after the Pinnacle disbanded.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post show media scrum

Media member to Toni Storm: "Is there anybody out there you want to face, a free agent perhaps?"

Toni Storm:

:pound:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GCqTSp5WwAAZZxK

Nice photo I got 2 say

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GCqTSp5WwAAZZxK

Nice photo I got 2 say

Congrats to Adam Cole and roddy for finally being in a decent faction

Poor wardlow downgrades from his prior one

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be disappointing if they did that because that sounds too identical to how he turned face after the Pinnacle disbanded.

Sure

But that’s how factions end and evolve

And he needs to beat Cole in about 2 minutes to slingshot back where he belongs on the card

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure

But that’s how factions end and evolve

And he needs to beat Cole in about 2 minutes to slingshot back where he belongs on the card
Which will be a while from what it sounds like since Cole isn’t ready to return and MJF is probably going to be out for a bit nursing injuries as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which will be a while from what it sounds like since Cole isn’t ready to return and MJF is probably going to be out for a bit nursing injuries as well.

Yeah. Wardlow has had some bad draw

He needs a good push

But it won’t happen for a while for sure

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Wardlow has had some bad draw

He needs a good push

But it won’t happen for a while for sure
He’s just back to being the muscle essentially. A step backwards in my opinion.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s just back to being the muscle essentially. A step backwards in my opinion.

I mean he went from barely being used to part of the biggest feud in wrestling right now (although that’s an admittedly laughably low bar right now)