• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8/10

The Tag Match was Phenomenal

ALL-star was good

TNT was good

International was good

Callis Classic was Phenomenal

World was awesome

Tag was Awesome

Womens seemed long and Botchy

But the End of the Show was Disrespect to Sting. Fucking let the man talk, You have gone overtime before why not now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Danielson/Ospreay match is gonna hit like crack

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kevin Kelly being fired, I think that a match with him vs Ian Ricabonni would be more interesting than a lot of the stuff on Collision nowadays.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Danielson is a rare wrestler who's too selfless. He should have been protected so a win against him would feel like a career defining moment.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danielson is a rare wrestler who's too selfless. He should have been protected so a win against him would feel like a career defining moment.

It still feels that some though. Mostly because he's so good that the matches are still solid. I do think they all need to convince him to have one last title reign. Doesn't have to be long, just a short 2 or 3 months is all you need. Win it, beat a person or two, put over a younger guy as champ on the way out.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It still feels that some though. Mostly because he's so good that the matches are still solid. I do think they all need to convince him to have one last title reign. Doesn't have to be long, just a short 2 or 3 months is all you need. Win it, beat a person or two, put over a younger guy as champ on the way out.

It has this meta dream match feel but I wish the booking felt as a big. I think Danielson should have been the most protected wrestler in the company.

I agree, he needs at least one run with the title to enhance it's lineage if nothing else

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tony blew his load way too soon with the Danielson/Ospreay match. Should have the whole Ospreay/Don Callis sorta feud going.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tony blew his load way too soon with the Danielson/Ospreay match. Should have the whole Ospreay/Don Callis sorta feud going.
He's probably trying to do it now so they can possibly get to the Danielson/Nigel match at Wembley if Nigel can go.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably trying to do it now so they can possibly get to the Danielson/Nigel match at Wembley if Nigel can go.

That's not until August, though. If you NEEDED to do Danielson/Ospreay now, why not wait until Double or Nothing?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Business was some big business. Expected Mercedes debut (that theme is terrible), but seeing Okada and Ospreay weekly is great. Pairing Okada with the Bucks new douchebag EVP characters is gonna be good.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Business was some big business. Expected Mercedes debut (that theme is terrible), but seeing Okada and Ospreay weekly is great. Pairing Okada with the Bucks new douchebag EVP characters is gonna be good.
But boy did things drop off a cliff after the White/Darby match.

Something I saw on another forum got me thinking, what does everyone here think of Collision moving to Monday nights when RAW leaves USA?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something I saw on another forum got me thinking, what does everyone here think of Collision moving to Monday nights when RAW leaves USA?

Not smart. Raw will still be on Mondays, just on Netflix. And any time the two companies have gone head to head, whether its weekly shows or a PPV vs Collision, a large chunk of AEW's audience watches WWE.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Khan owning an NFL team takes Mondays off table if the wrestling dirtsheet reports are to be believed.

I cut the chord so haven't been watching regularly but Ive always liked the concept of Saturday wrestling having grown up on Saturday Nights Main Event and WCW on TBS

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not smart. Raw will still be on Mondays, just on Netflix. And any time the two companies have gone head to head, whether its weekly shows or a PPV vs Collision, a large chunk of AEW's audience watches WWE.
But at the same time, don’t you think it’d still draw better on a Monday with the competition than a Saturday night? It might give Tony a little bit of incentive to actually make it more watchable like it was when it first debuted.
Khan owning an NFL team takes Mondays off table if the wrestling dirtsheet reports are to be believed.

I cut the chord so haven't been watching regularly but Ive always liked the concept of Saturday wrestling having grown up on Saturday Nights Main Event and WCW on TBS
While I enjoyed it as well back in the 80's and 90's on Saturday nights as well, things have changed. I just think with it being on Saturday's it's a forgotten show for the most part and just one step up from Rampage anymore. Would airing it live on MAX be off the table as well?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the same time, don’t you think it’d still draw better on a Monday with the competition than a Saturday night? It might give Tony a little bit of incentive to actually make it more watchable like it was when it first debuted.

While I enjoyed it as well back in the 80's and 90's on Saturday nights as well, things have changed. I just think with it being on Saturday's it's a forgotten show for the most part and just one step up from Rampage anymore. Would airing it live on MAX be off the table as well?

Weekdays would draw better than Saturday nights, which is typically a TV death slot to anything that isn't sports. FWIW, WBD seems to be happy with the numbers Collision gets, but it would be better on a week day. But if it went h2h with WWE on Mondays, my guess is would still draw roughly the same numbers. WWE really does take a large chunk of AEW's viewership.

A couple of weeks ago, they taped Collision on a Thursday (I think it was because they had a PPV on Sunday and for travel purposes, didn't want to do a live Saturday show). But it also got me thinking that could be a little internal test to see the logistics of running Dynamite on Wed and then Collision on Thursday. As a viewer, it wouldn't really bother me watching on b2b nights.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have quit as soon as I saw that spiked club headed for my nuts. Christian a stronger man than me

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekdays would draw better than Saturday nights, which is typically a TV death slot to anything that isn't sports. FWIW, WBD seems to be happy with the numbers Collision gets, but it would be better on a week day. But if it went h2h with WWE on Mondays, my guess is would still draw roughly the same numbers. WWE really does take a large chunk of AEW's viewership.

A couple of weeks ago, they taped Collision on a Thursday (I think it was because they had a PPV on Sunday and for travel purposes, didn't want to do a live Saturday show). But it also got me thinking that could be a little internal test to see the logistics of running Dynamite on Wed and then Collision on Thursday. As a viewer, it wouldn't really bother me watching on b2b nights.
Thursdays wouldn’t be bad either. Only problem I think they’d run into is the NFL in the fall.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have quit as soon as I saw that spiked club headed for my nuts. Christian a stronger man than me
I was somewhat surprised they didn't do something where Copeland smashed Killswitch and Christian didn't flinch but he threatened Nick Wayne with the bat and that's what got Christian to quit.