• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you recall the last CM Punk shoot interview lead to Punk in a court room, ruining friendships, costing him millions of dollars in legal fees.

AEW is either trolling for a quick ratings bump or showing the truth of what happened. Not sure how Punk is living in TKs head for this
All the rah rah speeches this past week and now this makes it seem that way to me. Don’t really see the point in airing this if it’s actual footage. Tony should just move on and not even bother acknowledging anything Punk (and WWE) says or does.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of AEW. You can read back thru all the thread.

My god was that fucking dumb as shit. They literally confirmed everything Punk had been saying. AEW gained nothing from this. They actually just promoted their competition because now people are gonna want to watch Raw to see if Punk does anything. They got their fans cheering for a guy who isn't even in the company anymore. They tried to build this into an angle, but it makes no fucking sense. The Bucks are heels, but FTR are friends with the guy that got fired who isn't in your company? And you made Jack Perry look like an even bigger bitch, who supposedly this is part of the angle to bring him back in. Now I want to see him even less. Tony Schiavone's body language said it all. He knew it was stupid bullshit and wanted no part of it.

This is an all around failure. Tony Khan and the Young Bucks are fucking morons

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of AEW. You can read back thru all the thread.

My god was that fucking dumb as shit. They literally confirmed everything Punk had been saying. AEW gained nothing from this. They actually just promoted their competition because now people are gonna want to watch Raw to see if Punk does anything. They got their fans cheering for a guy who isn't even in the company anymore. They tried to build this into an angle, but it makes no fucking sense. The Bucks are heels, but FTR are friends with the guy that got fired who isn't in your company? And you made Jack Perry look like an even bigger bitch, who supposedly this is part of the angle to bring him back in. Now I want to see him even less. Tony Schiavone's body language said it all. He knew it was stupid bullshit and wanted no part of it.

This is an all around failure. Tony Khan and the Young Bucks are fucking morons
I felt like this whole show was a waste of time. My girlfriend and I were watching and were just zoning out because of how bored we were. Tony needs to hire someone to do the booking because I’ve been slowly losing interest and really want this promotion to succeed. They’ve got a lot of good talent on this roster that’s being wasted and disappears for weeks or even months at a time.
And that footage was a joke. Would’ve loved to have had audio of what was being said. Not Punk’s biggest fan as a person but I definitely side with him in this ordeal over the Bucks and Perry. Can understand his frustrations with everything since Tony has come across as just another fan with some money that has a promotion and wants to be the wrestler’s friend instead of being a boss.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like this whole show was a waste of time. My girlfriend and I were watching and were just zoning out because of how bored we were. Tony needs to hire someone to do the booking because I’ve been slowly losing interest and really want this promotion to succeed. They’ve got a lot of good talent on this roster that’s being wasted and disappears for weeks or even months at a time.
And that footage was a joke. Would’ve loved to have had audio of what was being said. Not Punk’s biggest fan as a person but I definitely side with him in this ordeal over the Bucks and Perry. Can understand his frustrations with everything since Tony has come across as just another fan with some money that has a promotion and wants to be the wrestler’s friend instead of being a boss.

He's hired a couple of creative team members the last couple months, including a well respected one from WWE (Jennifer Pepperman) so we may see their influence take over in the coming months. But Tony Khan still has to listen to them. Does AEW no good if he's got people helping with the writing and booking but he still overrules them on everything. It's Vince McMahon all over again

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hired a couple of creative team members the last couple months, including a well respected one from WWE (Jennifer Pepperman) so we may see their influence take over in the coming months. But Tony Khan still has to listen to them. Does AEW no good if he's got people helping with the writing and booking but he still overrules them on everything. It's Vince McMahon all over again

It’s a start

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vince still had prints on all the big parts of mania

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t Pepperman more for Mone’ though?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Punk violently shoved and then choked a smaller person who was in a non-defensive posture, literally at the time his hands were in his hair. It was the equivalent of a sucker punch. I'm glad I got to see it.

It worked out for everyone. Punk is in WWE who run a wrestling company the way he prefers. AEW has a more stable locker room. Good publicity or bad, this is the most buzz AEWs had in a while. The ratings both shortterm and long-term will tell if it worked.

People are bitching about it now but Cody was the most hated performer in wrestling 2 and a half years ago and hating Cena was a meme. Internet reaction (which I'm a part of) isn't always the best beromoter of success

Since Punk's podcast interview (with Nick Khan's buddy who called Tony a coke head and claims he's not a wrestling journalist) now hate Tony for being nice..

-He honored the memory of Owen Hart and paid tribute to his widow
- Gave Sting a proper send off and one of the greatest retirement runs of all time. I've never been more upset as a wrestling fan than how WWE treated Sting
- Gave wrestlers bargaining power and a second place to work.

I'm glad Tony Khan's a nice guy. His involvement in it is the best thing to happen to wrestling in 20 years. There's been a terrible vibe around the company since the Punk issue went off the rail. Between Punks podcast and AEW airing the footage hopefully they can move on from it completely after this storyline

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan is the owner. He doesn't have to listen to anyone.

Vince still had prints on all the big parts of mania

This years? Not even close.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk violently shoved and then choked a smaller person who was in a non-defensive posture, literally at the time his hands were in his hair. It was the equivalent of a sucker punch. I'm glad I got to see it.

It worked out for everyone. Punk is in WWE who run a wrestling company the way he prefers. AEW has a more stable locker room. Good publicity or bad, this is the most buzz AEWs had in a while. The ratings both shortterm and long-term will tell if it worked.

People are bitching about it now but Cody was the most hated performer in wrestling 2 and a half years ago and hating Cena was a meme. Internet reaction (which I'm a part of) isn't always the best beromoter of success

Since Punk's podcast interview (with Nick Khan's buddy who called Tony a coke head and claims he's not a wrestling journalist) now hate Tony for being nice..

-He honored the memory of Owen Hart and paid tribute to his widow
- Gave Sting a proper send off and one of the greatest retirement runs of all time. I've never been more upset as a wrestling fan than how WWE treated Sting
- Gave wrestlers bargaining power and a second place to work.

I'm glad Tony Khan's a nice guy. His involvement in it is the best thing to happen to wrestling in 20 years. There's been a terrible vibe around the company since the Punk issue went off the rail. Between Punks podcast and AEW airing the footage hopefully they can move on from it completely after this storyline

1. On what planet does A. AEW have the more stable locker room and B. Tony Khan is the best thing to happen to wrestling.

2. Sting might not have done much but he was still treated as a big deal. His first 2 PPV matches were literally Mania and the WWE Championship. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt, he probably would have done more.

3. Of course Tony honors the memory of Owen Hart, WWE isnt allowed to by his widow.

4. Not everyone in AEW can work the indies.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan is the owner. He doesn't have to listen to anyone.

This years? Not even close.

I mean….Cody and bloodline were 100% Vince’s story

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins being the one guy who gets under Roman’s skin and in his head was also the build to their match at the rumble

All Vince

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. On what planet does A. AEW have the more stable locker room and B. Tony Khan is the best thing to happen to wrestling.

2. Sting might not have done much but he was still treated as a big deal. His first 2 PPV matches were literally Mania and the WWE Championship. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt, he probably would have done more.

3. Of course Tony honors the memory of Owen Hart, WWE isnt allowed to by his widow.

4. Not everyone in AEW can work the indies.

1. AEW has a more stable lockerroom than when Punk was there. Not necessarily more stable than any other company's. It worked out for everyone.
2. Sting lost to HHH in a nostalgia match. The announcers (Michael Cole in particular) buried him. It was gross. If that was the plan it should have at least been against Undertaker, the match everyone wanted to see
3. So AEW gives performers and wrestling figures an option if they don't want to associate with WWE. Martha Hart has a particularly valid reason. To answer your earlier question, this is why Khan is so valuable and the best thing to happen to wrestling. If this fails there isn't going to be another shot for at least 20 more years, if ever.
4. Not sure what this means

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. AEW has a more stable lockerroom than when Punk was there. Not necessarily more stable than any other company's. It worked out for everyone.
2. Sting lost to HHH in a nostalgia match. The announcers (Michael Cole in particular) buried him. It was gross. If that was the plan it should have at least been against Undertaker, the match everyone wanted to see
3. So AEW gives performers and wrestling figures an option if they don't want to associate with WWE. Martha Hart has a particularly valid reason. To answer your earlier question, this is why Khan is so valuable and the best thing to happen to wrestling. If this fails there isn't going to be another shot for at least 20 more years, if ever.
4. Not sure what this means

Losing to banana nose proved sting was right staying away for 15 years