• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edge wants to end his career playing around with Christian he’s earned that. I know Tony will be tempted to make him and Christian do comedy because he has a hard-on for nostalgia but if he does go that route it better not be right away as it wouldn’t fit Christian’s character at all. I bet they’ll feud and go back to that stuff after.

Still, I don’t know if touting ”we signed a nearly 50 year old Edge with a bad neck” is really the start of a new era.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edge wants to end his career playing around with Christian he’s earned that. I know Tony will be tempted to make him and Christian do comedy because he has a hard-on for nostalgia but if he does go that route it better not be right away as it wouldn’t fit Christian’s character at all. I bet they’ll feud and go back to that stuff after.

Still, I don’t know if touting ”we signed a nearly 50 year old Edge with a bad neck” is really the start of a new era.

A) When did he say he's starting a new era?

B ) I agree that this doesn't look good but all for the fucking marks...............................

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) When did he say he's starting a new era?

B ) I agree that this doesn't look good but all for the fucking marks...............................
A) Oh Tony’s been saying that for the past few weeks now how Sunday marks a ”new era in AEW”

Plus they’re playing into it with this:

1696222337647.png

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Match: Danielson/ZSJ 9/10

Worst Match: Main Event 5/10. Just seemed like it was a Clusterfuck after the Steps spot.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Oh Tony’s been saying that for the past few weeks now how Sunday marks a ”new era in AEW”

Plus they’re playing into it with this:

View attachment 341962

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Edge vs MJF at Full Gear. And it's not going the way we want

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the way I’d do his first match but maybe he needs a warmup.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry for the double quote but this annoys me ALOT:

You Want a New Era. INSTEAD OF EX-WWE Guys. Look into your FUCKING room tony,

Perry is a ass but Young and talented
Sammy is talented
MJF is the best going in the Biz-a-ness Right now and is young
Wayne is Young
Hook Young and Over as fuck
Gunns. See hook

You want to compete with the Bully? Don't take their scraps...

Build young and then when the Bully's strength is gone. You'll be kicking his ass
Not the way I’d do his first match but maybe he needs a warmup.

Same. I'd throw Nick Wayne at him

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show tonight. Not a bad match in the bunch and some really great ones in there

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was.......................................................

Then TK fucked himself. Read the rant.

You took New Era too literally. Plus, Edge is a big star and has plenty left in the tank when used correctly. His last match with Sheamus was a banger.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You took New Era too literally. Plus, Edge is a big star and has plenty left in the tank when used correctly. His last match with Sheamus was a banger.

Maybe, I have a tendency to do that.

He is and i wouldn't see him chase Christian.

Have a few Dream feuds for him their.............

Him vs Mox, Him vs MJF

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The key word is used correctly which given what Tony and Edge said in the post game press conference, he’s already screwed that up.

He’s almost 50 with major neck problems and should be treated as a special attraction type performer not used full-time and wrestling all the time as they both said in their press conference. Doing that basically means that by month three the luster is going to be off him and he’s just another guy at that point. There’s a reason they call it the law of diminishing returns and if they treat him like Sting it’s slightly ok, if they treat him like Omega it’s not.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key word is used correctly which given what Tony and Edge said in the post game press conference, he’s already screwed that up.

He’s almost 50 with major neck problems and should be treated as a special attraction type performer not used full-time and wrestling all the time as they both said in their press conference. Doing that basically means that by month three the luster is going to be off him and he’s just another guy at that point. There’s a reason they call it the law of diminishing returns and if they treat him like Sting it’s slightly ok, if they treat him like Omega it’s not.

I doubt he's gonna be grinding out matches every week. It makes sense to have him in a match this week since he just showed up. It's not like he was gonna debut and they'd have him just stand around for a month.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he's gonna be grinding out matches every week. It makes sense to have him in a match this week since he just showed up. It's not like he was gonna debut and they'd have him just stand around for a month.
It’s not just matches though, him being on TV every week also takes some of the shine off of him. Imagine how normal Brock Lesnar would be if he showed up 52 weeks a year and how to match every few weeks or so. There’s a reason people get hyped when he returns it’s because they have time to miss him.

Based on his history, does anyone really expect Tony to not book Edge into random 6-person tag team matches 5 months down the road when he’s already went through his initial few ideas for him?

How long until the initial intrigue of Edge being in AEW turns into “meh he’s ok, I dont have to tune in for him anymore”?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the double quote but this annoys me ALOT:

You Want a New Era. INSTEAD OF EX-WWE Guys. Look into your FUCKING room tony,

Perry is a ass but Young and talented
Sammy is talented
MJF is the best going in the Biz-a-ness Right now and is young
Wayne is Young
Hook Young and Over as fuck
Gunns. See hook

You want to compete with the Bully? Don't take their scraps...

Build young and then when the Bully's strength is gone. You'll be kicking his ass

Same. I'd throw Nick Wayne at him
A guy he needs to resign in a hurry because time is slowly ticking away.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy he needs to resign in a hurry because time is slowly ticking away.

It hasn't been confirmed but there's belief he actually signed an extension when he voiced his complaints last year. He's been a lot more pro-AEW in comments over the last year too.