• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard khans promo and he brings up valid points.

This HAD to be done

Yeah, so based on Khan's opening statement, he just confirmed the report earlier in the week (I think it was Meltzer) that said during the scrum with Perry, Punk started to lunge at Tony Khan.

Don't know where you guys work, but trying to fight your boss gets you fired every time where I'm from. What a fucking dumbass.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the whole “money mark” but that’s exactly how TK is coming off. If he isn’t turning himself into a character cause if not I don’t know how any anyone in the company can have respect him

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so based on Khan's opening statement, he just confirmed the report earlier in the week (I think it was Meltzer) that said during the scrum with Perry, Punk started to lunge at Tony Khan.

Don't know where you guys work, but trying to fight your boss gets you fired every time where I'm from. What a fucking dumbass.

I mean of course Tony’s going to confirm the thing that gives him a “reason” to fire Punk. Everyone knows anytime you want something to go through with little question you just attach the word “safety” to it and it’s more understandable.

I’m not saying Punk wasn’t at fault for some of what happened and was completely innocent, but it’s no coincidence that the most damning report came from the one site who has done nothing but trashed and discredit him this entire time because they’re friends with The Elite.

Hell only one person(Bryan Alvarez) reported that Punk and Miro almost got into a physical altercation where literally every other site claimed no such thing happened and they’re actually friends.

Punk is a giant grouchy asshole who clearly has some problems but when your boss has to create an entirely new tv show to keep you away from certain people because they refuse to work with you and then the people on the show you’re on also take unwarranted shots at you on TV, it’s not hard to see why he was pushed to his breaking point.

The pettiness of certain people in the AEW lockerroom was asinine and if Tony was more concerned with being an actual boss and less a money mark who just wants to be friends with the talent things never would’ve gotten this far. Punk said in his very first blow up that he works with fucking children and all the people who did nothing but prove they were out to get him only proved him right and yet his downfall was he just couldn’t stop himself from becoming one of those said children.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean of course Tony’s going to confirm the thing that gives him a “reason” to fire Punk. Everyone knows anytime you want something to go through with little question you just attach the word “safety” to it and it’s more understandable.

I’m not saying Punk wasn’t at fault for some of what happened and was completely innocent, but it’s no coincidence that the most damning report came from the one site who has done nothing but trashed and discredit him this entire time because they’re friends with The Elite.

Hell only one person(Bryan Alvarez) reported that Punk and Miro almost got into a physical altercation where literally every other site claimed no such thing happened and they’re actually friends.

Punk is a giant grouchy asshole who clearly has some problems but when your boss has to create an entirely new tv show to keep you away from certain people because they refuse to work with you and then the people on the show you’re on also take unwarranted shots at you on TV, it’s not hard to see why he was pushed to his breaking point.

The pettiness of certain people in the AEW lockerroom was asinine and if Tony was more concerned with being an actual boss and less a money mark who just wants to be friends with the talent things never would’ve gotten this far. Punk said in his very first blow up that he works with fucking children and all the people who did nothing but prove they were out to get him only proved him right and yet his downfall was he just couldn’t stop himself from becoming one of those said children.
You don’t think it’s a work though?

A. AEW is private so they don’t have to actually publicly say what is true and what isn’t true unless there is lawsuits.

B. Tony comes off as the biggest p*ssy ever and I just can’t see how any of the backstage guys or wrestlers could look at him with any respect. Not only did he say he was scared for his life from a dude who isn’t that “tough” but he is also saying every person in the area was a p*ssy. So it has to be him starting a character otherwise he has to put someone else in charge.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great… Collision is going to turn into Dynamite now. The reason I liked it was that it was a more serious show while Dynamite had all the goofy stuff. If that starts seeping into Collision, I’m going to seriously consider giving up on AEW.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great… Collision is going to turn into Dynamite now. The reason I liked it was that it was a more serious show while Dynamite had all the goofy stuff. If that starts seeping into Collision, I’m going to seriously consider giving up on AEW.

It was one show. And it really didn't look all that much different from the previous Collisions

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hate the whole “money mark” but that’s exactly how TK is coming off. If he isn’t turning himself into a character cause if not I don’t know how any anyone in the company can have respect him

Tony Khan's investment in AEW is literally the best thing to happen in wrestling in over 20 years.

I don't get the dislike for him.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one show. And it really didn't look all that much different from the previous Collisions
Except it had a bunch of the people I typically fast forward through on Dynamite (Young Bucks, Moxley and Orange). I’ll give it a few weeks but not holding out high hopes.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it had a bunch of the people I typically fast forward through on Dynamite (Young Bucks, Moxley and Orange). I’ll give it a few weeks but not holding out high hopes.

And all three were there to promote the PPV matches tonight, which they had to do since the show has like 1 week of build. The genesis of Collision wasn't just to give Punk his own show and keep he and The Elite separated, it was also because AEW's roster had grown to the point where they needed more time to get people on TV. You'll see some more crossover from time to time for sure, but I doubt it'll be a weekly thing where certain guys are working both shows every week

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all three were there to promote the PPV matches tonight, which they had to do since the show has like 1 week of build. The genesis of Collision wasn't just to give Punk his own show and keep he and The Elite separated, it was also because AEW's roster had grown to the point where they needed more time to get people on TV. You'll see some more crossover from time to time for sure, but I doubt it'll be a weekly thing where certain guys are working both shows every week
I just want it to be a serious wrestling show without all the garbage that makes me dislike a lot of Dynamite. Those four are the epitome of what I dislike about that show.
I’m fine with a soft roster split, never had an issue with it. Just keep the gaga and silliness away from it as much as possible.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan's investment in AEW is literally the best thing to happen in wrestling in over 20 years.

It isn’t a “dislike” for him. He is coming off as a pussy and a money mark. His investment is great for fans but if he isn’t going to actually be a boss then AEW is TNA with Dixie Carter. We as fans need WWE to have competition but TK has to make this his Mr McMahon moment otherwise it AEW is just ROH which isn’t good for wrestling fans.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the dude just got booed outta the building

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t a “dislike” for him. He is coming off as a pussy and a money mark. His investment is great for fans but if he isn’t going to actually be a boss then AEW is TNA with Dixie Carter. We as fans need WWE to have competition but TK has to make this his Mr McMahon moment otherwise it AEW is just ROH which isn’t good for wrestling fans.

I agree he needs to lean into this like Vince did after the screw job

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like with Dixie for TNA and Billy Corgan for the NWA you can like what they’re doing for pro wrestling in general but still think they are terrible at their job. Tony getting his dad to help him fund AEW doesn't negate how horrible of a boss and booker he is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that show slapped. Literally. It had big meaty men slapping meat and Bryan Danielson slapped the shit out of Ricky Starks in an all time strap match.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like with Dixie for TNA and Billy Corgan for the NWA you can like what they’re doing for pro wrestling in general but still think they are terrible at their job. Tony getting his dad to help him fund AEW doesn't negate how horrible of a boss and booker he is.

They should have a head booker who isn’t him

Although it’s not like wwe’s booking is any better. Just different

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

AEW just sold 82,000 tickets in London. He seems to care about his employees and the fans

If you're not a fan of his booking that's fine but he's had nothing but a positive impact on pro wrestling.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have a head booker who isn’t him

Although it’s not like wwe’s booking is any better. Just different
Isn’t there kind of an issue if they have a real booker because the EVP’s. I do agree semi with the booker, but just bring in a president who outranks them and doesn’t have to tell them which direction they are going to go with something and is the final say on everything. Just an outsiders point of view is it seem TK isn’t a boss, he seems like a dude who wants everyone to like him, including allowing the Dirt Sheet guys to be way to close to the wrestlers cause all of the backstage drama should never have gotten out or at least not as much as it has. That is minor league stuff.

But from everything I’ve heard it was a great PPV and hopefully AEW looks forward and just ignore all of the reporters, online trolls and mandate that the wrestlers don’t talk about it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW just sold 82,000 tickets in London. He seems to care about his employees and the fans

If you're not a fan of his booking that's fine but he's had nothing but a positive impact on pro wrestling.
Once again, they’re not mutually exclusive. No one is saying AEW being around isn’t a good thing, but you can also acknowledge that Tony Khan isn’t the best at boss because of the way he fails to manage his talent properly and how bad he is as a booker. Both things can be true.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Once again, they’re not mutually exclusive. No one is saying AEW being around isn’t a good thing, but you can also acknowledge that Tony Khan isn’t the best at boss because of the way he fails to manage his talent properly and how bad he is as a booker. Both things can be true.

I'm not trying to turn this into an WWE vs AEW thing but Vince McMahon is currently under his second federal investigation and has been involved in much bigger scandals than a locker room fight.

It's fine to not like the product as that's entirely subjective but I think people are overreacting to this a bit.

If Dixie Carter had TNA in Wembley Stadium and the United Center in back to back weeks I would have commended her as an entrepreneur