• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a good point about allowing them to work other shows but I also think they'd be wise to put a moratorium of sorts on them. AEW's current plan is to only have a few big PPVs a year and not one every month (like WWE) so I think it would be very smart to put in a policy that says "you can't take outside bookings within 2 weeks of a PPV show". That way you can avoid something that almost happened with Fenix where a guy gets hurt last minute and you're scrambling to adjust the card.

That's a fair compromise. Maybe less shows close to the main PPVs and less mom and pop indy shows in general but the mainevent level guys doing double duty in the US and Japan (Moxley, Jericho, Omega, Pac) are probably making enough money overseas that it helps offset the lower rate AEW offered compared to WWE.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW TV broadcast team: JR, Tony Schiavone, and Excalibur

Honestly, JR and Tony seem redundant. Maybe it'll work but I would think one or the other, not both would work best

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like how they incorporated Mox's unexpected absence into the story. Great promo from Kenny here. Whenever they get back to it, Mox/Omega is gonna be good.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After saying Punk was done as a wrestler during a podcast earlier today JR retweeted this..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, there's a preview show for All Out airing tonight on TNT at 10pm

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Out has some great wrestling but man I'm getting tired of 5 hr shows. It doesn't matter how good the final matches are, the last hour you're tired as shit. Overall, I'd grade it a B. Like all their shows so far, the midcard matches were pretty "meh" but the upper card matches delivered. Also, I'm fairly surprised we didn't get any real surprises or new angles to lead some hype into the TV debut. I never really thought CM Punk would be there but I did expect more than just LAX or some kind of surprising heel/face turn

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They looked ready for primetime TV to me. The production/graphics were improved, JR brought his A Game and Goldenboy was an upgrade in the booth.

I'm quickly becoming a fan of Darby Allin. His quiet charisma and fearlessness remind me of a young Jeff Hardy. I'm hoping the inevitable MJF/Cody feud gets a slow build. That potentially makes MJF the biggest heel in the company when he turns on him. I'm glad the Young Bucks are still alive. Pac's where he belongs as a main event player in a major company.

I'll give Jericho his own paragraph. In the last few years he's gone from a 2nd tier all time great to a defining wrestler of the past 25 years. It's similar to Undertaker where he was already a legend but a big run in his 40s brought him to another level. If this company takes off with him as their inaugural champion he's legitimately in the GOAT discussion.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked ready for primetime TV to me. The production/graphics were improved, JR brought his A Game and Goldenboy was an upgrade in the booth.

I'm quickly becoming a fan of Darby Allin. His quiet charisma and fearlessness remind me of a young Jeff Hardy. I'm hoping the inevitable MJF/Cody feud gets a slow build. That potentially makes MJF the biggest heel in the company when he turns on him. I'm glad the Young Bucks are still alive. Pac's where he belongs as a main event player in a major company.

I'll give Jericho his own paragraph. In the last few years he's gone from a 2nd tier all time great to a defining wrestler of the past 25 years. It's similar to Undertaker where he was already a legend but a big run in his 40s brought him to another level. If this company takes off with him as their inaugural champion he's legitimately in the GOAT discussion.

Booth was better. I think they'd be wise to leave Goldenboy and Excaliber there full time and rotate JR and Schiavone in week to week. JR still gets lost sometimes, especially in the faster paced matched. They did have some production issues though, missing a few shots (especially in the battle royal), some timing issues like wrestlers coming out late or late pyro or that time when the graphics card read "Jimmy Havoc" during Darby's entrance. I also think they'd be better served to have some video packages or backstage segments in between matches instead of filling the dead time with crowd shots.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I found ironic is that Cody has referenced HHH several in the previous PPV's and is now starting to book himself like HHH circa 2004. Good to know that Spears is a joke and Cody buried him so fast we'll have to start calling Shawn Spears Booker T.

There was absolutely 0 reason for Cody to win that match, let alone CLEAN but hey I guess Cody is finding out that being the man in charge has it's perks.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Out has some great wrestling but man I'm getting tired of 5 hr shows. It doesn't matter how good the final matches are, the last hour you're tired as shit. Overall, I'd grade it a B. Like all their shows so far, the midcard matches were pretty "meh" but the upper card matches delivered. Also, I'm fairly surprised we didn't get any real surprises or new angles to lead some hype into the TV debut. I never really thought CM Punk would be there but I did expect more than just LAX or some kind of surprising heel/face turn

In my opinion, the real surprise would've been if they went with Hangman Page as World Champion heading into the TNT show.

I knew they wouldn't do that because they want the casual fans to watch. Ironically, they really hate the casual fan.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm getting real sick of Chris Jericho. He's a whiney boo-boo faced liar. The GOAT he is not.

One more thing....if AEW takes off, it won't be because Chris Jericho was their inagural champion. Not even a little bit.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Booth was better. I think they'd be wise to leave Goldenboy and Excaliber there full time and rotate JR and Schiavone in week to week. JR still gets lost sometimes, especially in the faster paced matched. They did have some production issues though, missing a few shots (especially in the battle royal), some timing issues like wrestlers coming out late or late pyro or that time when the graphics card read "Jimmy Havoc" during Darby's entrance. I also think they'd be better served to have some video packages or backstage segments in between matches instead of filling the dead time with crowd shots.

To be honest I wasn't paying close attention during the preshow and I had company over during the main show. I missed the flubs but overall I thought it looked relatively professional/ big budget.

JR was great on commentary imo. My highlight of the night was when he tried to get over the Best Friends prematch hug by saying the entire crowd should start doing one at every show. That'd be the most asinine thing in wrestling history and now I totally want to see it.

I think they're scaling back on the prematch montage videos to give the wrestlers more time. It seemed like every match went at least 15 minutes and most were closer to 20

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm getting real sick of Chris Jericho. He's a whiney boo-boo faced liar. The GOAT he is not.

One more thing....if AEW takes off, it won't be because Chris Jericho was their inagural champion. Not even a little bit.

Exactly. He's a great heel.

I agree he's not the GOAT but he's getting in the discussion. His versatility and longevity are GOAT level.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He's a great heel.

I agree he's not the GOAT but he's getting in the discussion. His versatility and longevity are GOAT level.

True, but what I'm talking about is his podcast and interviews on Busted Open. I listened to his podcast detailing why he signed with AEW and he wasn't "working" on it. Whiney and boo-boo faced is what he was. The Moxley "interview" (which I haven't listened to yet) only confirmed the whiney boo-boo faced labels I'm giving him.

He's a damn liar because he's saying that AEW isn't at war with WWE. Yet 6 months ago he was singing a different tune. Saying that "yes, indeed we (AEW) are at war with the WWE".

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but what I'm talking about is his podcast and interviews on Busted Open. I listened to his podcast detailing why he signed with AEW and he wasn't "working" on it. Whiney and boo-boo faced is what he was. The Moxley "interview" (which I haven't listened to yet) only confirmed the whiney boo-boo faced labels I'm giving him.

He's a damn liar because he's saying that AEW isn't at war with WWE. Yet 6 months ago he was singing a different tune. Saying that "yes, indeed we (AEW) are at war with the WWE".

Who cares? You're being a nitpicking little bitch by letting things like this visibly upset you.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

Jericho went to a Longhorn Steakhouse and someone stole his AEW Title. The legit dirtsheets are saying its actually real too, not part of a story

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jericho's AEW World Title STOLEN

I blame this guy

repo-man.jpg