• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm pulling for Enzo and Cass as Jericho's mystery partners!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL when MJF unbuttons his jacket

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know AEW is looking for a bigman on their roster. He has the perfect hypeman too..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know AEW is looking for a bigman on their roster. He has the perfect hypeman too..

From what I've picked up reading things, Cass was in a real bad place post-WWE. Sometime during his spiral, he linked up with DDP, moved in with him and DDP really helped him turn his life around. DDP Yoga is no joke. He's been saving people's lives (Jake The Snake as well)

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I've picked up reading things, Cass was in a real bad place post-WWE. Sometime during his spiral, he linked up with DDP, moved in with him and DDP really helped him turn his life around. DDP Yoga is no joke. He's been saving people's lives (Jake The Snake as well)

Ryan Satin did an interview with Cass a couple weeks ago where they discussed those issues in detail. Apparently he was having mental health problems during his WWE run as well. He confided in Daniel Bryan who luckily has a mother who works as a therapist and was able to relay some professional advice.
Lio Rush recently discussed spending time in a mental hospital during a crisis and Mauro is obviously an advocate on the issue.

It's one thing when an "artist" (musician, actor, writer etc) discusses these issues in public; that's expected at this point. When an athlete goes on record it helps destigmatize the issue even more.

The physical toll, touring schedule etc of a wrestler has to suck for anyone prone to mental health problems. I'm not a doctor but it wouldn't shock me if there was a connection with the premature deaths of the earler generation of wrestlers and general mental health problems.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK!

Moxley has a staph infection in his elbow and has had to pull out of his All Out match with Kenny Omega

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK!

Moxley has a staph infection in his elbow and has had to pull out of his All Out match with Kenny Omega

I'm just so broken up over this news.
tenor.gif

Maybe he can have another boo-boo faced bitch session with Chris Jericho.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK!

Stone Cold had a Staph Infection in his elbow on a Friday and wrestled in a FIRST BLOOD MATCH on a Sunday. Mox is being a Pussy

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone Cold had a Staph Infection in his elbow on a Friday and wrestled in a FIRST BLOOD MATCH on a Sunday. Mox is being a Pussy

I can't tell if you're joking or not. If not, that's an incredibly stupid take. MRSA is deadly if not properly attended to. When he was on the self with his injury in WWE last year, he had a case of it that almost killed him. Others being reckless in the past isn't an excuse to continue recklessness

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pac is replacing Moxley.

Some thoughts from Moxley

Last edited:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if you're joking or not. If not, that's an incredibly stupid take. MRSA is deadly if not properly attended to. When he was on the self with his injury in WWE last year, he had a case of it that almost killed him. Others being reckless in the past isn't an excuse to continue recklessness
It was sarcasm

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No offense to Moxley but matchwise thats an upgrade imo. Hopefully this is temporary and he's back in the ring soon.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this teaches the boneheads at AEW not to be fucking stupid in the future and not to let their wrestlers wrestle outside of their company. Moxley is arguably their biggest star and yet they let him wrestle in the G1 climax and now he’s out of action. AEW is trying to be the smart mark’s favorite brand and in doing so has screwed Themselves this time. Hopefully Tony Khan has learned a valuable lesson about business.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this teaches the boneheads at AEW not to be fucking stupid in the future and not to let their wrestlers wrestle outside of their company. Moxley is arguably their biggest star and yet they let him wrestle in the G1 climax and now he’s out of action. AEW is trying to be the smart mark’s favorite brand and in doing so has screwed Themselves this time. Hopefully Tony Khan has learned a valuable lesson about business.

Speaking of which, they just had ANOTHER big scare. Rey Fenix got hurt in some indy match tonight. Initially people thought he broke his leg or tore a muscle, but now John Morrison's wife, who is also a wrestler, said they talked to him and Fenix is going to be fine. My guess they are gonna put a stop to "letting our guys wrestle indies" pretty quickly.

(though to be fair, NJPW is no indy and I get why they let Mox do that)

No offense to Moxley but matchwise thats an upgrade imo. Hopefully this is temporary and he's back in the ring soon.

Match skill wise, yeah, probably. Though Mox has looked pretty darn good in his NJPW stuff. With the build he had with Omega, I bet they would have had one hell of a match. It was the one I was most looking forward to on the card

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Speaking of which, they just had ANOTHER big scare. Rey Fenix got hurt in some indy match tonight. Initially people thought he broke his leg or tore a muscle, but now John Morrison's wife, who is also a wrestler, said they talked to him and Fenix is going to be fine. My guess they are gonna put a stop to "letting our guys wrestle indies" pretty quickly.

(though to be fair, NJPW is no indy and I get why they let Mox do that)

Match skill wise, yeah, probably. Though Mox has looked pretty darn good in his NJPW stuff. With the build he had with Omega, I bet they would have had one hell of a match. It was the one I was most looking forward to on the card

The thing with letting guys work outside of the company is that's it's more of a business model than a benevolent gesture. AEW only has 2 hours of TV a week and plans on running a scaled back house show schedule; they can pay wrestlers less money for less dates in their company and let them supplement income with NJPW/indie dates if they choose. You probably have to pay the Moxleys of the world more money to have them under an exclusive contract and you're in turn going to have to run more house shows to support it. Personally I'd file it under "injuires are going to happen" and then go from there.

Moxley/Omega would have been very good but I'd go as far as saying Pac/Omega is the biggest dream match on the current roster. Moxley's on a great run in the ring and he's as good a promo as there is in wrestling right now but I'm actually looking more forward to the show today then I was yesterday

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with letting guys work outside of the company is that's it's more of a business model than a benevolent gesture. AEW only has 2 hours of TV a week and plans on running a scaled back house show schedule; they can pay wrestlers less money for less dates in their company and let them supplement income with NJPW/indie dates if they choose. You probably have to pay the Moxleys of the world more money to have them under an exclusive contract and you're in turn going to have to run more house shows to support it. Personally I'd file it under "injuires are going to happen" and then go from there.

Moxley/Omega would have been very good but I'd go as far as saying Pac/Omega is the biggest dream match on the current roster. Moxley's on a great run in the ring and he's as good a promo as there is in wrestling right now but I'm actually looking more forward to the show today then I was yesterday

It's a good point about allowing them to work other shows but I also think they'd be wise to put a moratorium of sorts on them. AEW's current plan is to only have a few big PPVs a year and not one every month (like WWE) so I think it would be very smart to put in a policy that says "you can't take outside bookings within 2 weeks of a PPV show". That way you can avoid something that almost happened with Fenix where a guy gets hurt last minute and you're scrambling to adjust the card.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a good point about allowing them to work other shows but I also think they'd be wise to put a moratorium of sorts on them. AEW's current plan is to only have a few big PPVs a year and not one every month (like WWE) so I think it would be very smart to put in a policy that says "you can't take outside bookings within 2 weeks of a PPV show". That way you can avoid something that almost happened with Fenix where a guy gets hurt last minute and you're scrambling to adjust the card.

not to mention that it's free advertising for them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention that it's free advertising for them.

Yep. Like PWG's "Battle of Los Angeles" which is one of the big "indy" shows is basically just an AEW house show this year. Most all its participants are AEW wrestlers

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Like PWG's "Battle of Los Angeles" which is one of the big "indy" shows is basically just an AEW house show this year. Most all its participants are AEW wrestlers

I hope AEW works. It would make a hell of a book.

Kinda like Bischoff's book about the early days of him at WCW.