• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Fine. Like the JAS segment , Wardlow can cut a good promo.

But just one small issue. Tenny tiny

WHY TAKE THE FUCKING BELT OFF OF ONE OF YOUR HOTTTEST SUPERSTARS RIGHT FUCKING NOW?
What sucks about that is this feud is going to kill any momentum P&P had I feel. Getting stuck in this is going to set them back again. And really hope Sammy stays away from all of this as well.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
MOTY/Dan Lambert is my favorite thing in pro wrestling right now so my fingers are crossed this is a legitimate Scorpio title reign and not just a transition to Wardlow or MJF next week.

It felt like a Raw after WM with the Jeff Hardy return, title change and major angles all crammed into one show. Next week should be just as big with a women's title change and the next part of the MJF/Wardlow saga on the show.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOTY/Dan Lambert is my favorite thing in pro wrestling right now so my fingers are crossed this is a legitimate Scorpio title reign and not just a transition to Wardlow or MJF next week.

It felt like a Raw after WM with the Jeff Hardy return, title change and major angles all crammed into one show. Next week should be just as big with a women's title change and the next part of the MJF/Wardlow saga on the show.
For me, the CM Punk and MJF feud is the type of stuff that makes me realize how good wrestling can be when done right.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For me, the CM Punk and MJF feud is the type of stuff that makes me realize how good wrestling can be when done right.

It's going to be legendary. This feels like the end of chapter 1 and they can return to it with a world title on the line a year from now. They're the two best stars in wrestling right now.

I know Brian Last talks about how he wishes all of AEW was booked like Punk/MJF but I prefer serious blood fueds like that one at the top of the card with variety down the rest of it. I find the Bucks spotfests entertaining, the OC comedy stuff entertaining etc. Its subjective. Plus that makes the MJF/Punk storyline more intense in contrast.

With that said I'm a huge fan of Lambert/MOTY and I hope this is the start of a big push.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be legendary. This feels like the end of chapter 1 and they can return to it with a world title on the line a year from now. They're the two best stars in wrestling right now.

I know Brian Last talks about how he wishes all of AEW was booked like Punk/MJF but I prefer serious blood fueds like that one at the top of the card with variety down the rest of it. I find the Bucks spotfests entertaining, the OC comedy stuff entertaining etc. Its subjective. Plus that makes the MJF/Punk storyline more intense in contrast.

With that said I'm a huge fan of Lambert/MOTY and I hope this is the start of a big push.
I’m fully in tune with him and Cornette on that feud. Everything had been booked properly and has made sense, which was the complete opposite of how the Pinnacle-IC feud was booked. The Bucks matches don’t do much for me as it’s all the same routine every match where nobody sells and it’s just a bunch of spots. I’d much rather see FTR style matches personally.
I liked Lambert at first but he has grown more and more stale as time has gone on. I think Sky is just a transitional champ as Wardlow I’m thinking will likely beat him.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I’m fully in tune with him and Cornette on that feud. Everything had been booked properly and has made sense, which was the complete opposite of how the Pinnacle-IC feud was booked. The Bucks matches don’t do much for me as it’s all the same routine every match where nobody sells and it’s just a bunch of spots. I’d much rather see FTR style matches personally.
I liked Lambert at first but he has grown more and more stale as time has gone on. I think Sky is just a transitional champ as Wardlow I’m thinking will likely beat him.

I agree, it's easily the best feud in AEW history and there's still a lot more they can do with it down the line.
As far as the Bucks go, their cage match with Lucha bros is my AEW match of the year. The last Brandi segment with MOTY/Lambert was a train wreck but there was extenuating circumstances with the Rhodes couple being in the process of leaving the company. Otherwise they're a weekly highlight for me. I can see Wardlow winning the TNT title, I can see Sky retaining, I can also see MJF leveraging his contract with Wardlow as a way to steal either the title match or the championship itself after Wardlow wins. Really not sure where they're going with that storyline but I'm intrigued

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it's easily the best feud in AEW history and there's still a lot more they can do with it down the line.
As far as the Bucks go, their cage match with Lucha bros is my AEW match of the year. The last Brandi segment with MOTY/Lambert was a train wreck but there was extenuating circumstances with the Rhodes couple being in the process of leaving the company. Otherwise they're a weekly highlight for me. I can see Wardlow winning the TNT title, I can see Sky retaining, I can also see MJF leveraging his contract with Wardlow as a way to steal either the title match or the championship itself after Wardlow wins. Really not sure where they're going with that storyline but I'm intrigued
I agree. They can go their separate ways for now and revisit it down the line.
For me, last year the Jay White/Kota Ibushi match from Wrestle Kingdom was my match of the year. I’d put Danielson’s matches with Omega and Page ahead of the cage tag match. That last segment with Brandi was one of those so bad it was fantastic segments for me. Most stuff with Brandi was awful but I will say that Lambert made that segment entertaining.
Bryan Alvarez came up with an interesting scenario where MJF releases Wardlow from his contract but can’t compete for 90 days, thus can’t have the title match at that time. He could just show up and destroy people during certain segments to eventually get to MJF down the line sometime after that 90 day window.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not their best show I didn’t think. For me, it died after the Danielson/Moxley match and post match.
The Jericho stuff does nothing for me and seeing the 2.0 guys out there every week now is going to get me to fast forward those segments as I was already tired of seeing those guys on tv. This stuff is going to be a waste of Kingston and P&P as they were starting to get good reactions.
Seeing FTR eviscerated again makes them look like complete geeks. If they don’t get that win back against the Bucks, I don’t see how people can care about them again.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not their best show I didn’t think. For me, it died after the Danielson/Moxley match and post match.
The Jericho stuff does nothing for me and seeing the 2.0 guys out there every week now is going to get me to fast forward those segments as I was already tired of seeing those guys on tv. This stuff is going to be a waste of Kingston and P&P as they were starting to get good reactions.
Seeing FTR eviscerated again makes them look like complete geeks. If they don’t get that win back against the Bucks, I don’t see how people can care about them again.

They seem to be teasing bringing in Bret Hart to be FTR's manager

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to be teasing bringing in Bret Hart to be FTR's manager
I’ve heard rumors about that. Would be interesting if it happens but don’t know how much Bret would really be able to do though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan booked FTR vs The Briscoes for ROH's Supercard of Honor PPV in a couple of weeks

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Texas Tornado match was WILD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Marq Quen took ALL of Jeff's weight on that swanton bomb. That one hurt. And geez, Darby. That kid isn't gonna be able to walk by the time he's 35 with the bumps he's taking. Chill bro. You don't have to kill yourself 5 times every match.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering what type of blackmail photos the 2.0 guys have on Tony Khan to be on tv all the time. Those guys have had go away heat from me for quite a while.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showed up at ROH tonight and now this

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samoa Joe booked in his first AEW match this Wednesday; Owen Tourney qualifier vs Max Caster

RIP Max Caster

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR just put on two amazing matches in less than a week.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the first and last matches were the best things on the show. FTR is showing why (in my opinion) they’re the best team in the business right now. Also, Jeff has not looked good at all since he’s come in. It looked like they were trying to set up a spot last night where he was supposed to jump off the Butcher’s back and hit Blade but tripped over him and screwed up. Both of the Hardy’s look old and broken down but yet Christian still can go at a decent pace.
Read the spoilers and it sounds like the main event will be worth going out of your way to watch on Friday.