• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about that MJF promo, to me it’s a major buzzkill to actually have a heel I want to see get his and 11 days before the match he’s going to get his I now feel massive sympathy because he went through what I went through as a “Jew boy” Feels like the wrong spot for that moment.

I went from really wanting to see an ass whooping to a more detached “Huh let’s see where it goes.” I feel like that amazing promo should have been the launching point for a new chapter/next story as a opposed to a shocking bump 11 days away from a match that was on fire

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about that MJF promo, to me it’s a major buzzkill to actually have a heel I want to see get his and 11 days before the match he’s going to get his I now feel massive sympathy because he went through what I went through as a “Jew boy” Feels like the wrong spot for that moment.

I went from really wanting to see an ass whooping to a more detached “Huh let’s see where it goes.” I feel like that amazing promo should have been the launching point for a new chapter/next story as a opposed to a shocking bump 11 days away from a match that was on fire

I can see this pov for sure.

I agree that it was a weird spot for that.

They could salvage this with hangman siding with the bucks and mjf becomes the guy too

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just signed up for a wrestling forum.

They were raving about it. Maybe it was done to Lure punk in???????????

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for a wrestling forum.

They were raving about it. Maybe it was done to Lure punk in???????????
Absolute waste of that promo. Again, putting sympathy on a heel 11 days before a well earned comeuppance is nuts. This is something you do if a feud isn’t getting over or the fans are already turning on the wrestlers.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute waste of that promo. Again, putting sympathy on a heel 11 days before a well earned comeuppance is nuts. This is something you do if a feud isn’t getting over or the fans are already turning on the wrestlers.

Another option because i to think outside the box. Maybe a turn after revolution?????

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he's trying for straight sympathy though. It's part of the story of him being a manipulative narcissist. He's a giant piece of shit, that's his character. They aren't gonna throw a babyface promo out there at random without a reason. An analogy is like its an abusive relationship. The abuser (MJF), has lost control or feels threatened that his status in the relationship is about to slip. So he slips in something to garner sympathy in order to let your guard down and make you question that maybe you're the one that's wrong and not him. But the whole time he's just manipulating you.

But on the meta-side of things, it did show that if there comes a day when MJF plays babyface, he's MORE than capable. He's already an amazing heel and just showed the chops to be a great face as well

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's trying for straight sympathy though. It's part of the story of him being a manipulative narcissist. He's a giant piece of shit, that's his character. They aren't gonna throw a babyface promo out there at random without a reason. An analogy is like its an abusive relationship. The abuser (MJF), has lost control or feels threatened that his status in the relationship is about to slip. So he slips in something to garner sympathy in order to let your guard down and make you question that maybe you're the one that's wrong and not him. But the whole time he's just manipulating you.

But on the meta-side of things, it did show that if there comes a day when MJF plays babyface, he's MORE than capable. He's already an amazing heel and just showed the chops to be a great face as well
He’ll more than likely become dickish before the ppv. They’ve been building up the Wardlow turn and it’d be wasted if he turns on MJF as a face since he’s getting over as a beast.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll more than likely become dickish before the ppv. They’ve been building up the Wardlow turn and it’d be wasted if he turns on MJF as a face since he’s getting over as a beast.
The downside/risk is that aew has shown they have no idea what to do with beasts

Or they make them lose to midgets like Sammy

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downside/risk is that aew has shown they have no idea what to do with beasts

Or they make them lose to midgets like Sammy
If they continue to make Wardlow like a Goldberg, it could work. But MJF needs to be the dickish heel to get a good reaction whenever it happens.
Miro losing to Sammy wasn’t a big deal since week after week it was known what Miro’s weakness was at that point.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they continue to make Wardlow like a Goldberg, it could work. But MJF needs to be the dickish heel to get a good reaction whenever it happens.
Miro losing to Sammy wasn’t a big deal since week after week it was known what Miro’s weakness was at that point.

And Sammy didn’t exploit it at all

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sammy didn’t exploit it at all
He did some from what I remember. He was also playing the underdog baby face trying to take down the monster heel. I think with that win, he’s taken more seriously now and it can also play into the Kingston-Jericho feud as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan says he got (another) major announcement this Wednesday but its not talent related. There's been rumors this one involved lawyers and non-disclosure agreements when it was being negotiated over the last week or so leading people to speculate its either

1) An AEW/NJPW super show
2) He's bought ROH and/or their tape library
3) They've secured a large streaming deal, likely HBOMax considering their relationship with WarnerMedia

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan says he got (another) major announcement this Wednesday but its not talent related. There's been rumors this one involved lawyers and non-disclosure agreements when it was being negotiated over the last week or so leading people to speculate its either

1) An AEW/NJPW super show
2) He's bought ROH and/or their tape library
3) They've secured a large streaming deal, likely HBOMax considering their relationship with WarnerMedia
I can see #2 as the most likely. I’m not sure about New Japan’s schedule if itd be feasible offhand but off the top of my head but if it is a NJPW co promotional show, I’d like to see it at MSG.
Not sure about 3 since that Discovery merger is still going through and if that’ll be something they’re interested in when they start with the takeover.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m thinking Danielson takes the TNT title off of Sammy.
Or I can see Sky taking the title from Sammy due to AHFO interference and then Wardlow wins Face of the Revolution match and beats Sky to win the title.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan making the announcement tonight in person. One of the few times he's appeared on TV. So yeah, it sounds like this should be a pretty big deal. Either a streaming deal (HBOMax) or he bought ROH. Hell, maybe even both

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan making the announcement tonight in person. One of the few times he's appeared on TV. So yeah, it sounds like this should be a pretty big deal. Either a streaming deal (HBOMax) or he bought ROH. Hell, maybe even both

Both makes a lot of sense to me.