• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smiths future

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
have to admit i didn't "buy in" to Alex Smith till about game 5 or 6. "buy in" doesn't mean i feel he's the 'future', but finally admitted he took a big step up and more importantly........played consistenly at that step.

Yet, you never came off as some kind of loon incapable of giving him credit when its due, which is what we have far too often.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What if the money he demands would stop us from picking up Mario Williams? Would you choose Smith over a player like Mario Williams? I'm just sayin. They have a lot of people to sign still to keep the defense and st in tact. That is our bread and butter.

what amount are you expecting him to demand?

obviously, we won't pay him $20M per season, so at what point do YOU say "too much"?

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll go on record right now and say that Harbaugh does not stick with Alex. I feel a change a comin'.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....lots and lots of passive-aggressive. I mean, I'm not proud of my temper but at least I'm honest.

Let me tell you why this stuff kills me. I was hanging out with the Smith family before the game the other day at their tailgate. While I'm not close with Alex, I know the rest of his family well and have hung out with them many games over the years. Over the past few years, until this one, they hadn't come to as many games, and I hadn't gone all this year.....so I hadn't seen his parents in a while. And seeing them this weekend....I was almost shocked at how much his mom and dad had aged. His dad looks 10 years older than he did 2 years ago. Now, at that age in life its hard to tell - sometimes the years just catch up. But in his case, its been the incredible amount of stress, negativity, and pressure that has surrounded Alex and his years here.

Now, while Alex hasn't been good, the vast majority of this negativity has been from dumb fans, who don't understand what they're watching, but feel the need to comment anyway. Fans who got pissed at Smith years ago and have never been able to let it go. Fans who can't grasp the fact that just because the camera points at the QB, he's not responsible for everything. This negativity has real-life consequences, and seeing it this weekend made me sad and angry and all that at the same time. Just a bunch of fucking idiots.

I don't really care about all that no more. I care about you taking out your personal stuff on me because I don't think he should get a big contract when there is several players that need one.
You still haven't answered my question, I would like to know, I could help you with that. I won't even share the outcome with the board if it doesn't favor you.

You're basically trying to bully me into sharing how you feel, I don't feel what you're saying. We might have this disagreement again, so before your temper and all that, we could just spar, with or without gloves (you choose). Either that or just be cool when you talk to me, be just like Fonzi, REAL COOL.

You could address it on the inbox though so people won't think we're crazy.

:wink:

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about what his regular season rank was in passing. We went 13-3 and Alex did better in the playoffs against the Giants than Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan. Alex also beat Drew Brees at his own game. Everything else can blow me. Sign the guy and move along.

They have spent the whole time hating on him for not being a winner (Shaun Hill was a Winner). Then when the team goes 13-3 they go for his skills instead, like he cant throw downfield....then he cant throw to sideline.....

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what amount are you expecting him to demand?

obviously, we won't pay him $20M per season, so at what point do YOU say "too much"?

When it starts to affect impact signings.

Thats all I care about. It doesn't matter to me which one of these guys are throwing the ball, I think the system has a big part in it. I just don't want them to commit some outrages sum of money that will pull us out of the market for impact players.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have spent the whole time hating on him for not being a winner (Shaun Hill was a Winner). Then when the team goes 13-3 they go for his skills instead, like he cant throw downfield....then he cant throw to sideline.....

Who is this "they"? You keep throwing it out there. Who are you talking about? Whether we were 6-10 or 13-3, he misses the same throws he has always missed. I personally have no problem with them bringing him back as long as it doesn't stagnate the teams growth.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if Alex Smith did this for another team, say the Ravens, we'd be preaching to Raven fans.....sign him idiots. but we're 49er fans cluttered with his previous six years.

Alex Smith EARNED a good contract but don't see him getting a franchise amount. over paying will occur no matter what other FA we bring in, might as well sign the guy who's got chemistry with this HC and players. might as well sign the proven guy who has the scheme down pat.

simply turning this over to CK and EXPECT him to match Alex Smith is worse. then fans will deny they wanted Alex gone, and blame Jed York for a stupid decision. blame Jed for being cheap.

Jed and Baalke deserve blame for the decisions they make just like they deserve credit for making good decisions. They have to prove this wasn't a fluke.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I care about you taking out your personal stuff on me because I don't think he should get a big contract when there is several players that need one.

You are ALL about passive-aggressive.....you talked plenty of shit about Smith. The armchair psychological profile is coming into shape......I'll try my best to ignore your addled nonsense from now on.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How the hell am I "crapping" on my own point? My point is that the QB was essentially an afterthought this year. The notion that there's absolutely no way Harbaugh can muster/maintain the 29th ranked passing offense with Kap/Tolzien or another FA QB is ludicrous.

What is the criteria for your 29th ranking?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow....lots and lots of passive-aggressive. I mean, I'm not proud of my temper but at least I'm honest.

Let me tell you why this stuff kills me. I was hanging out with the Smith family before the game the other day at their tailgate. While I'm not close with Alex, I know the rest of his family well and have hung out with them many games over the years. Over the past few years, until this one, they hadn't come to as many games, and I hadn't gone all this year.....so I hadn't seen his parents in a while. And seeing them this weekend....I was almost shocked at how much his mom and dad had aged. His dad looks 10 years older than he did 2 years ago. Now, at that age in life its hard to tell - sometimes the years just catch up. But in his case, its been the incredible amount of stress, negativity, and pressure that has surrounded Alex and his years here.

Now, while Alex hasn't been good, the vast majority of this negativity has been from dumb fans, who don't understand what they're watching, but feel the need to comment anyway. Fans who got pissed at Smith years ago and have never been able to let it go. Fans who can't grasp the fact that just because the camera points at the QB, he's not responsible for everything. This negativity has real-life consequences, and seeing it this weekend made me sad and angry and all that at the same time. Just a bunch of fucking idiots.

How much money has Alex Smith made over the years and how many teams would have kept him this long?

Come on, put it in perspective.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are ALL about passive-aggressive.....you talked plenty of shit about Smith. The armchair psychological profile is coming into shape......I'll try my best to ignore your addled nonsense from now on.

Show me where I talked shit about Smith. Maybe once (to get under your skin), however I can't remember. Show me 2 things, since I talked "all that shit". There should be plenty for you to choose from.

Thats your best bet, you ain't ran into one like me.Talkin about you have an anger problem, you'd have to show me. Watch what you say, somebody might call you on it, Tough Guy.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should realise that and avoid reading the media and talking to idiot fans.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[/B]

When it starts to affect impact signings.

Thats all I care about. It doesn't matter to me which one of these guys are throwing the ball, I think the system has a big part in it. I just don't want them to commit some outrages sum of money that will pull us out of the market for impact players.

ok good.

if our QB gets between $8 to $11M, can't see this being the reason we lose out on FA's? we might not get every single FA we covet, but we should get enough talent like last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jed and Baalke deserve blame for the decisions they make just like they deserve credit for making good decisions. They have to prove this wasn't a fluke.

yes, they'll make the decision on Alex Smith and we'll just have to accept whatever contract amount it is.

btw - can you do that....just accept it?

you missed my point but thats ok.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should learn to spell realize before you try to spit game to your friend. It's quite unbecoming.

Im not American so i dont use "z" in everything. You need to sit down

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, they'll make the decision on Alex Smith and we'll just have to accept whatever contract amount it is.

btw - can you do that....just accept it?

you missed my point but thats ok.

I'll have no choice but to accept whatever they do and I will praise or blame Jed and Co based on the result of next season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll have no choice but to accept whatever they do and I will praise or blame Jed and Co based on the result of next season.

I would guess if Alex comes back and returns to his former self he will be replaced in the starting lineup stat.