• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man Id hate to be Alex Smith with how much shit you guys talk about him. Had a shit team for 5 years and he took the blame for it for the most part despite the fact the entire team sucked big time. You finally get a good coach and some nice pieces around him and they guy wins 20 out of 26 starts including taking his team to a come from behind win in the playoffs and within 1 Williams fuck up of the Super Bowl and the first chance you get you are all crying for his head to replace him with a guy who isnt even that great. Kaep is OK and may become good but he isnt even a top 15 QB right now and to listen to you guys you'd think he was the second coming of Joe Montana. Fuck I hope Alex gets out of there, I dont even really like the guy but he deserves better than your fan bases treatment of him for sticking it out and being solid.

yep, this board just needs a little opening to start attacking Alex Smith. as soon as he lost his starting position, all the good things he did - and he did do some good things - goes out the door.

this is pertaining to how extreme it gets, not saying you can't opine at all.
Alex Smith could've won the SB last year, but today's bashing would still be the same.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, this board just needs a little opening to start attacking Alex Smith. as soon as he lost his starting position, all the good things he did - and he did do some good things - goes out the door.

this is pertaining to how extreme it gets, not saying you can't opine at all.
Alex Smith could've won the SB last year, but today's bashing would still be the same.

This board? Speak for yourself Deep. I have not once seen anyone "attack" Alex - Can you show where someone has attacked Alex?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This board? Speak for yourself Deep. I have not once seen anyone "attack" Alex - Can you show where someone has attacked Alex?

if you don't think anyone attacks Alex on this board, no amount of my reponse will change it.

but let me say again........it is not about posting an opinion on Alex, of course you can. it is about how extreme some negative opinions are, and how much negativity is posted.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bem,

Clyde does it all the time. He found a way in his post in this very thread to say that Smith's 18 of 19, 230 yard, three TD game against AZ was "Fraudulent".

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball was there - so were tacklers - many of them! Thankfully our receivers broke most of their tackles.

if smith doesn't play well he sucks. if he plays well he gets no credit. i';m just glad harbaugh seen that smith was our best option and got the team back on track.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you don't think anyone attacks Alex on this board, no amount of my reponse will change it.

but let me say again........it is not about posting an opinion on Alex, of course you can. it is about how extreme some negative opinions are, and how much negativity is posted.

In other words you can't provide even one example of anyone "attacking" Alex Smith - So now you want to change your claim and say they/we are posting "extreme negative opinions".

Sure, I'll play along; since you cannot provide even a single example of anyone "attacking" Alex Smith perhaps you can provide just one example of someone posting an "extremely negative opinion"?

Here let me save you the time - you won't find any. Just because the realists disagree with the [d]illusionists doesn't mean their disagreements are "attacks" or "extremely negative" or unjust, unfair and unwarranted.

But nice try and thanks for playing it always becomes "extremely hilarious" when you join any discussion.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know if everyone attacks him but they certainly dont respect him and how great he has been the last year a half. I watch the Niners alot because I love their style of play and Smith has been EXTREMELY good. To say otherwise is bullshit. Throw out last year if you want if you think this year is the only year that should count and he has been stellar this year too. The guy went 6-2 as a starter, he has almost a 3-1 TD/INT ratio, he is completing 70% of his passes, he has the 7th best QBR in the league ( tied with Aaaron Rodgers), he has a 102.4 rating, he had his team in the division lead. I mean for fucks sake most teams would LOVE to have a guy like that but your team has harpooned his value by turning to a different guy who hasnt done anything. Its not like Smith was performing poorly recently either, in his last 5 quarters played before the concussion he was 25-27 for 304 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's. Jesus it literally is blowing my mind that the guy gets no respect. All this talk of the team being better with Kaep is ludicrous, at least right now.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if smith doesn't play well he sucks. if he plays well he gets no credit. i';m just glad harbaugh seen that smith was our best option and got the team back on track.

You can't even get that correct! Harbaugh NEVER saw Smith as our best option - he saw Smith as our ONLY option. Both T.Smith & Carr were gone before the first pre-season game of 2011.

The first thing Harbaugh did when he became our HC was draft his BEST option. You know, the guy playing now despite Smith's stratospheric rise on the stat sheet.

Look, fi, Smith performed excellent within the boundaries required for him to play within in order for him to play excellent. The second thing Jim Harbaugh did when he came to SF was to immediately outfit Alex with a set of training wheels; and, for 26 games Alex Smith managed to stay upright while the team around him won games. His sole contribution to nearly every one of those victories was purposely limited to not being the reason we lost.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont know if everyone attacks him but they certainly dont respect him and how great he has been the last year a half. I watch the Niners alot because I love their style of play and Smith has been EXTREMELY good. To say otherwise is bullshit. Throw out last year if you want if you think this year is the only year that should count and he has been stellar this year too. The guy went 6-2 as a starter, he has almost a 3-1 TD/INT ratio, he is completing 70% of his passes, he has the 7th best QBR in the league ( tied with Aaaron Rodgers), he has a 102.4 rating, he had his team in the division lead. I mean for fucks sake most teams would LOVE to have a guy like that but your team has harpooned his value by turning to a different guy who hasnt done anything. Its not like Smith was performing poorly recently either, in his last 5 quarters played before the concussion he was 25-27 for 304 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's. Jesus it literally is blowing my mind that the guy gets no respect. All this talk of the team being better with Kaep is ludicrous, at least right now.

ok, maybe 'attacked' is too strong a description?

but the bolden is what i was referring too. again, opinions on Alex is fine, thats what this board is for. but even after he's played well (as you point out), he is being discredited quite a bit. some fans put in extra effort to downgrade his recent play.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have mad respect for Alex - And I consider myself one of his biggest fans. I'm just one to allow my emotional loyalty and inflated statistics delude my critical thinking and tactical knowledge of the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, maybe 'attacked' is too strong a description?

but the bolden is what i was referring too. again, opinions on Alex is fine, thats what this board is for. but even after he's played well (as you point out), he is being discredited quite a bit. some fans put in extra effort to downgrade his recent play.

Discredited? Hmmm. So, these fans you are now accusing of putting in "extra effort" to "downgrade his recent play", are these fans saying anything untruthful? Can you cite anything these fans are saying that is unreasonable, untruthful or nonfactual? - Anything?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bem,

Clyde does it all the time. He found a way in his post in this very thread to say that Smith's 18 of 19, 230 yard, three TD game against AZ was "Fraudulent".

Hey my Brother,

Yeah, I missed that - Thanks.

I'm gonna defend Clyde on this one. I've competed with and agreed with Clyde enough on this board to believe he was using the term 'fraudulent" in the context of disagreeing with the notion that stats equal skill & ability.

Like myself, Clyde recognizes fully what Alex has done and his achievements. However, unlike some others we also recognize Smith's limitations and how Harbaugh's managing of those limitations has led to most of those achievements.

And therein lies the core of the argument - they think those limitations don't exist and that his "stats" are not propped up by operating within highly restrictive environment among other underlying factors.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey my Brother,

Yeah, I missed that - Thanks.

I'm gonna defend Clyde on this one. I've competed with and agreed with Clyde enough on this board to believe he was using the term 'fraudulent" in the context of disagreeing with the notion that stats equal skill & ability.

Like myself, Clyde recognizes fully what Alex has done and his achievements. However, unlike some others we also recognize Smith's limitations and how Harbaugh's managing of those limitations has led to most of those achievements.

And therein lies the core of the argument - they think those limitations don't exist and that his "stats" are not propped up by operating within highly restrictive environment among other underlying factors.

Fair enough my man. Sometimes Clyde let's his emotions get the best of him but he's generally cool in my book................for a Mod.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't even get that correct! Harbaugh NEVER saw Smith as our best option - he saw Smith as our ONLY option. Both T.Smith & Carr were gone before the first pre-season game of 2011.

The first thing Harbaugh did when he became our HC was draft his BEST option. You know, the guy playing now despite Smith's stratospheric rise on the stat sheet.

Look, fi, Smith performed excellent within the boundaries required for him to play within in order for him to play excellent. The second thing Jim Harbaugh did when he came to SF was to immediately outfit Alex with a set of training wheels; and, for 26 games Alex Smith managed to stay upright while the team around him won games. His sole contribution to nearly every one of those victories was purposely limited to not being the reason we lost.

bullshit. harbaugh could have went after a different qb and plenty were suggested on these boards. smith improved his play while harbaugh was still coaching at stanford and harbaugh seen it.

facts are facts

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit. harbaugh could have went after a different qb and plenty were suggested on these boards. smith improved his play while harbaugh was still coaching at stanford and harbaugh seen it.

facts are facts

Harbaugh DID go after another QB. What part of his drafting Kaepernick do you not understand?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh DID go after another QB. What part of his drafting Kaepernick do you not understand?

He also didn't extend Smith until after Manning told us no thanks.

Not that I'm interested in getting back into this discussion, so...

...carry on.

:llama:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an offer on the table before Manning answered, but it was too low or unfavorable for Smith and his agent. They added the "start me or trade me" part to the deal (the poison pill) after the Manning rejection so that he wouldn't be cheaply held on the bench. The agent knew about Kaepernick, obviously. The fact that it was bench friendly before, likely was because they had their mind on Manning the whole time.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didn't extend Smith until after Manning told us no thanks.

Not that I'm interested in getting back into this discussion, so...

...carry on.

:llama:

actually smith didn't accept the offer then they went to look at manning.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been the 20th best QB in the league.

Can we stop pretending he was "GREAT," please?