• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex smith stat

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this isn't the year for us to draft a qb. might get a day 2 guy, but that's about it

but if its a day 2 guy, odds are we don't draft him? cause he's unlikely to be a better prospect than CK.

but if it turns out no good one FALLS to us fine, don't force it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it depends on how the draft goes. but just because a qb goes in rounds 3+ doesn't mean he isn't a better prospect than kap. i think he went way too early.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kellen Moore drops past round 2 I hope we grab him. He will be a great backup QB in the NFL with potential to be a lot more.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the guy i have in mind. i'm thinking more like 4th round. 3rd i'm really hoping we can grab jonas gray to share the load with gore

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt call them "almost the same". In the same neighborhood, maybe- but not almost the same.

As another poster mentioned- 4% points is a significant difference in completion percentage. Also, his QBR is 12 points higher, which is a lot. 5 less ints is a big deal.

Yards are almost the same, but the 9ers have been playing with the lead for 75% of the year, and were behind 75% of last year- so I would expect Smiths yards in clutch situations are higher this year.

He might not be a totally different QB, but he is playing better.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is playing better... I feel like he has shown improvement on a quarter to quarter basis throughout the year. Has he reached his peak?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it depends on how the draft goes. but just because a qb goes in rounds 3+ doesn't mean he isn't a better prospect than kap. i think he went way too early.

The evaluation on Kap is one the coaches and FO are doing during practice at this point. There was never any disputing his physical ability - though the motion is/was a concern - but we won't have a clue how well he's putting it together on the field. Grasping an NFL offense was always going to be the struggle for him, and we're not likely to see enough to get a sense for his progress at this point.