• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex smith stat

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
In 2010 Alex Smith played in 11 games. This year he's played in 12 so far this year. The stats are VERY similar.

Season gp comp att % ..... yds avg td lng int fum rat
2010 SF 11 204 342 59.6 2,370 6.93 14 62 10 4 82.1
2011 SF 12 203 321 63.2 2,390 7.45 15 56 5 5 94.9

Basically the difference is only in comp % and ints...

wins and losses have as much to do with what the rest of the team is doing not just the QB

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2010 Alex Smith played in 11 games. This year he's played in 12 so far this year. The stats are VERY similar.

wins and losses have as much to do with what the rest of the team is doing not just the QB

Tebow says what? :behindsofa:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

True but it can also be interpreted as the timing of those interceptions... especially if those INT's happens on critical drives... Since he is taking better care of the ball this year, the Niners' have a better chance of winning...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but it can also be interpreted as the timing of those interceptions... especially if those INT's happens on critical drives... Since he is taking better care of the ball this year, the Niners' have a better chance of winning...

I don't remember it that way at all. He only threw 1 INT in the last 6 games he played last season and they were 3-3 in those games (might've been 4-2 if he didn't get knocked out of Carolina), and early on in the season it seemed like most of his INTs were off the hands/helmets of his receivers.

The Niners have a better chance of winning this year because everyone is playing better - partly (shit maybe mostly) because the coaching staff actually know what they are doing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a huge difference before and after the philly game last year.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I've got to say I've always had respect for Alex Smith. He didn't go Ryan Leaf ape shit. OR wasn't hitting the szyrup like Jamarcus. Smith always said the right things and tried. It just seemed like he didn't have the physical tools to be a successful starter in the NFL (small hands, weak arm, etc.) But guys like Frank Gore and VD always stuck up for him. The similarity in the statistics show that coaching in the main difference from last year. I'm sure they all feel a bit vindicated at this point. I'm happy for the guy. I say we give him another conract, and let Kaepernick compete with him next off season.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to say I've always had respect for Alex Smith. He didn't go Ryan Leaf ape shit. OR wasn't hitting the szyrup like Jamarcus. Smith always said the right things and tried. It just seemed like he didn't have the physical tools to be a successful starter in the NFL (small hands, weak arm, etc.) But guys like Frank Gore and VD always stuck up for him. The similarity in the statistics show that coaching in the main difference from last year. I'm sure they all feel a bit vindicated at this point. I'm happy for the guy. I say we give him another conract, and let Kaepernick compete with him next off season.

looks like he'll be getting fitzpatrick type money. i'm not a believer in kap, so i'm hoping any deal for smith gives us an option to get out with minimal cap damage in about 4 years.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
looks like he'll be getting fitzpatrick type money. i'm not a believer in kap, so i'm hoping any deal for smith gives us an option to get out with minimal cap damage in about 4 years.

Yeah, an incentive laden deal that would give us an out would be perfect. But I don't know if you can judge Kap quite yet. He was limited by the lockout. He didn't run a "pro-style" offense in college. Kap is physically more talented than Smith. Bigger arm, more agility I don't see why Harbaugh and his staff wouldn't be able to mold him into the qb of the future. If Alex can maintain the steady improvment, Kap will have plenty of time to improve.

This year has shown how important QB depth is. The backup is only one play away from running the team and we have two rookies behind Smith at this point. Many people like Tolzien so who knows we might have two good back ups or maybe none. But don't be so down on Kap when you haven't seen him play.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had several drive killing game changing fumbles last year. Does he actually have more fumbles this year? The ones last year seemed to come at terrible terrible times. That and the interceptions make a huge difference. He's been doing a real good job of holding onto the ball this year after taking some crushing hits too.

Hasn't had too many tipped balls at the LOS that get picked off this year (knock on wood). That seemed to be a real killer last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, we're in a tought spot at QB? we almost have to bring Alex Smith back because no one is quite ready behind him. then it wouldn't make sense to go the FA route cause we already got that in AS. so we want AS to continue bridging the gap another season, regardless of our opinions on his ceiling.

fortunately, AS almost has to re-up too, so his next contract shouldn't be so 'franchise'.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had several drive killing game changing fumbles last year. Does he actually have more fumbles this year? The ones last year seemed to come at terrible terrible times. That and the interceptions make a huge difference. He's been doing a real good job of holding onto the ball this year after taking some crushing hits too.

Hasn't had too many tipped balls at the LOS that get picked off this year (knock on wood). That seemed to be a real killer last year.

good point, he's not that short yet he SEEMED to get too many passes batted down? guess its also related to how the linemen clear lanes?

cause look at Brees who's what.....6 feet even? he hardly has passes knocked down at the LOS.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree with Deep, I hadn't even thought of this until you mentioned it here - Excellent observation, Storm.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, an incentive laden deal that would give us an out would be perfect. But I don't know if you can judge Kap quite yet. He was limited by the lockout. He didn't run a "pro-style" offense in college. Kap is physically more talented than Smith. Bigger arm, more agility I don't see why Harbaugh and his staff wouldn't be able to mold him into the qb of the future. If Alex can maintain the steady improvment, Kap will have plenty of time to improve.

This year has shown how important QB depth is. The backup is only one play away from running the team and we have two rookies behind Smith at this point. Many people like Tolzien so who knows we might have two good back ups or maybe none. But don't be so down on Kap when you haven't seen him play.

right now i view kap as a potential back up for the future. like a steve bono or elvis grbac. we still need to be on the lookout and draft that future star qb. that's why i'm saying an out in say 4 years. i dont think we'll get a chance to draft someone this year, so 2013 might be the year if someone drops.

i still would like to bring in josh johnson and maybe even trade for clausen if we can get him for like a 2013 4th or 5th

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
right now i view kap as a potential back up for the future. like a steve bono or elvis grbac. we still need to be on the lookout and draft that future star qb. that's why i'm saying an out in say 4 years. i dont think we'll get a chance to draft someone this year, so 2013 might be the year if someone drops.

i still would like to bring in josh johnson and maybe even trade for clausen if we can get him for like a 2013 4th or 5th

yep, we all hope Kap is that guy but we can't ASSUME, do keep an eye out.

agree the odds of a quality QB dropping to us is low, but maybe not THAT low? after the last draft, not so sure many teams will use their 1st rounder on QB?

then isn't there three 'solid' 1st round QB's in Luck, Landry, and RGIII? maybe Barkley or other rising QB is Harbaugh's guy? like how Gabbert rose quickly last year. anyways, not 'forcing' it but just keep an eye out is all.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

Yeah we can't assume that he is or isn't the answer. And I agree that we need to keep an eye open.

But I think we all would agree that Smith has shown incremental improvement in each quarter of the season. Has he hit his ceiling? I don't think so. Now he needs to put it together in big games. That is his next step.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree the odds of a quality QB dropping to us is low, but maybe not THAT low? after the last draft, not so sure many teams will use their 1st rounder on QB?

then isn't there three 'solid' 1st round QB's in Luck, Landry, and RGIII? maybe Barkley or other rising QB is Harbaugh's guy? like how Gabbert rose quickly last year. anyways, not 'forcing' it but just keep an eye out is all.

there's a ton of teams that need a qb. last year was a very weak qb draft but seemed like every couple picks a qb got taken.

sometimes a qb does drop, but doesn't seem like the case now. lately teams haven't waited for a qb to drop, they usually just move up. which i think will be the case in the top 5 this year.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex will be a 49er next year and for a few after that. The only way he walks is if we don't make an offer (not going to happen) or if we low ball him so bad it insults him (also not happening). I seriously doubt Alex will even listen to other teams as long we make a fair offer shortly after the seasons over.

If we don't take care and bring Alex back it will send the wrong message throughout the locker room and undermine everything the team has accomplished this season. This is also why I see Rodgers and Goldson getting multi-year deals as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there's a ton of teams that need a qb. last year was a very weak qb draft but seemed like every couple picks a qb got taken.

sometimes a qb does drop, but doesn't seem like the case now. lately teams haven't waited for a qb to drop, they usually just move up. which i think will be the case in the top 5 this year.

yes, most teams could always use a good QB prospect, but how many will pull the trigger with their 1st rounder? if its too many fine, already know the chances are less than 50% we get someone we REALLY like.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't the year for us to draft a qb. might get a day 2 guy, but that's about it