• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex better show something against the Raiders

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok good, Alex Smith improved in the second pre-season game.

for the next two pre-season games, just want to see him operate the offense well. just execute from his spot efficiently, allowing others to do their thing. don't need to see him have big passing stats, so if its check downs and short throws, so be it.

I agree, that's all I really want out of preseason. I really don't think we'll see a lot, stats wise. It really seems like Harbaugh is trying to disguise what the 49ers offense is going to be all about.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smith was absolutely pathetic, showed horrible footwork, the weakest arm in the league, was absolutely absurdly unbelievably inaccurate, doesn't have the it factor, and was a weak pussy who almost got sacked every time he dropped back. He sucks and will never amount to anything as we've seen for the past 28 years. Signed, Clyde.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, that's all I really want out of preseason. I really don't think we'll see a lot, stats wise. It really seems like Harbaugh is trying to disguise what the 49ers offense is going to be all about.

if so, thats fine too. cause this isn't the time to get fancy anyway.

it makes sense they concentrate on the basics, get comfortable with each other, get adjustments down pat (pre-snap), reduce penalties, reduce mental errors, read D's the same, etc..

offensively, all this starts with Alex Smith and he should get even better next week.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think his trademark inaccuracy is still there, it's just being covered up by better talent. Remember how high Edwards had to reach to catch that quick screen that was eventually stripped.

I kind of said it jokingly before, that Edwards size is going to help with Smith's tendency to throw the ball high, but, apparently there was more truth to that than a bad joke.

Even the Edwards ball wasn't that bad of a throw. It wasn't a good throw by any means but the ball was still very catchable and the DB just made a good play on the ball. Usually he throws that ball way under or way over.

I'm just used to Alex throwing balls where the WR have to stop and reach behind them in attempt to snag them and there really the only throw was the Ginn throw I thought he was off on.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even the Edwards ball wasn't that bad of a throw. It wasn't a good throw by any means but the ball was still very catchable and the DB just made a good play on the ball. Usually he throws that ball way under or way over.

I'm just used to Alex throwing balls where the WR have to stop and reach behind them in attempt to snag them and there really the only throw was the Ginn throw I thought he was off on.

true, Alex Smith doesn't throw with really good accuracy and on top of that, he doesn't throw with good timing. even if the pass is accurate, the receiver gets tackled immediately.

don't mean to exaggerate but it seems most times this is the case, not all. maybe not as much in the case of Vernon Davis?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it wasn't a horrible throw... but when passes like that haven't been hauled in before, people tend to get ridiculed for saying it was catchable. I realize what you're talking about with the trademark inaccuracy now, with that, you're right.. his trademark inaccuracy wasn't there last night.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, Alex Smith doesn't throw with really good accuracy and on top of that, he doesn't throw with good timing. even if the pass is accurate, the receiver gets tackled immediately.

don't mean to exaggerate but it seems most times this is the case, not all. maybe not as much in the case of Vernon Davis?

It definitely seems that way on a lot of the short passes. It seems like the only time the receiver gets the ball with time to turn up field is when guys get lost in crossing patterns. (Like the Morgan reception)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you guys fucking kidding me? After years of bitching at espn about it being nothing but Alex Smith talk, you managed to put together a 6 page tribute thread to Cazic with this bullshit. Honestly, who feels like they brought something to this discussion that was a new idea about Smith and the Niners' QBs?

And when did Cazic hack clyde?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys fucking kidding me? After years of bitching at espn about it being nothing but Alex Smith talk, you managed to put together a 6 page tribute thread to Cazic with this bullshit. Honestly, who feels like they brought something to this discussion that was a new idea about Smith and the Niners' QBs?

I don't think people should completely stop talking about Smith, he is our QB it's going to happen. The subject is beat to death, but if the quality of the discussion stays above the trolling thresh hold it isn't to bad.

Also it's a single thread, it's much easier to avoid when there isn't 30 threads going at a time.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this was funny.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think people should completely stop talking about Smith, he is our QB it's going to happen. The subject is beat to death, but if the quality of the discussion stays above the trolling thresh hold it isn't to bad.

Also it's a single thread, it's much easier to avoid when there isn't 30 threads going at a time.

Then by all means, bring something new to the discussion. Just because the comments don't come from cazic, mackdown or freebase doesn't mean they aren't a waste of time.

:deadhorse:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Then by all means, bring something new to the discussion. Just because the comments don't come from cazic, mackdown or freebase doesn't mean they aren't a waste of time.

There was a thread dedicated to you, stating that you'd appear on a stallion to rescue Alex Smith.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah there is imac. I'm gonna have to rep that.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I Guess its hard to come up with new things about Smith because he has consistantly performed the same way the past 5 years.....average to below average. Being that he is going to be our starter, what do you say we wait until after an actual regular season game to analyze his improvement or decline. At this point, I honestly cant think of one thing to say about Smith that has not been said 50 times over on every forum I have taken part in.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop complaining and go declare your Keepers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do. Stop acting like you have a life. Sharks or nothing!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It isn't hate it's reality and I watched him play the WAC.

He is not the niner franchise QB he's a stop gap.

He will get tossed in when Smith goes belly up again. No team out there properly develops QB's anymore. They get tossed in and they sink or swim. He'll be an improvement over Smith but he isn't the future.

Saying he isn't the future isn't hating, it's an opinion.

I'm not intending to hijack the thread here but Smith discussion is beat to death and this amazes me. You have made a conclusion about a 2nd round pick QB the 9ers moved up to get after only his second preseason game as not being the future? Would you have said this about Brady being a backup at Michigan? I would like some reasoning for you writing him off more specific then you watched him in college because so far as I can see in college he tossed and ran a ton of yardage up. That's not my argument for why he can or will be great (it was the wac in a gimmick offense after all) but I couldn't begin to make that declaration at this point for ANY rookie.