• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex better show something against the Raiders

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then by all means, bring something new to the discussion. Just because the comments don't come from cazic, mackdown or freebase doesn't mean they aren't a waste of time.

:deadhorse:

Well like I said, it's much easier to avoid here. One thread of it, with much more reasonable opinions (even though most have been said) is better than multiple threads made with the same intention, to say the same thing, by the same people.

I have confidence Ray will merge future Smith threads as well. Let the people who aren't tired of it, have a place to discuss it. They obviously feel a need to do it.

I'm willing to discuss current observations of Smith in game day/ post game threads. I see no harm in that. The debate of his future standing with the team is worthless, I don't intent to get into any that concern only him. Even my comment int his thread was more about making sure kaep is ready before he replaces smith.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would prefer to think of this not as a Smith thread but as a rookie vs vet thread :)

Lets change course and find out who is in favor of the vet starting and who is in favor of the rookie if they show the same thing in preseason (keeping in mind they have chained Kap IMO and not let us see enough of him throwing for this to be a fair statement).

I'm all for the rookie starting if he shows 1. That he can move the offense as well as Smith RIGHT NOW. 2. He shows that he is constantly progressing and getting better. 3. The coaches don't feel putting him in right now will harm his long term potential for some reason.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact is SMITH is our starter as long as we have a chance in the division, if we fade away then Kapp will be the starter and Smith wont sniff the NFL again

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the fact is SMITH is our starter as long as we have a chance in the division, if we fade away then Kapp will be the starter and Smith wont sniff the NFL again

I disagree here as well. I am no Smith apologist but I also don't blindly hate the guy and see his struggles from multiple angles. When you have the talent to be the #1 pick there is always someone out there that thinks they can get that potential out of you and therefore he will play a few more years in the league if he doesn't stick here.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't had a chance to watch the DVR of the game yet but 16 yards per completion doesn't sound to bad for Smith. Did he look better than last week?

Yes. The entire team looked better - much better

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you guys fucking kidding me? After years of bitching at espn about it being nothing but Alex Smith talk, you managed to put together a 6 page tribute thread to Cazic with this bullshit. Honestly, who feels like they brought something to this discussion that was a new idea about Smith and the Niners' QBs?

And when did Cazic hack clyde?

[YOUTUBE]OyVAUrq-o-E[/YOUTUBE]

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree here as well. I am no Smith apologist but I also don't blindly hate the guy and see his struggles from multiple angles. When you have the talent to be the #1 pick there is always someone out there that thinks they can get that potential out of you and therefore he will play a few more years in the league if he doesn't stick here.

If smith cant hack it with harbaugh and the 49ers he will never be a starter again he may be in the nfl but his job will be calling plays in and holding a clip board, those are the facts, deal with them how you want

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If smith cant hack it with harbaugh and the 49ers he will never be a starter again he may be in the nfl but his job will be calling plays in and holding a clip board, those are the facts, deal with them how you want

Well now you're agreeing with me. You said out of the nfl, you didn't say as a starter. I don't think he'll start anywhere but I think someone will find a warm and fuzzy backup gig for him if he doesn't hack it this year.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then yes we do agree, to me though being 3rd string and holding a clipboard is as close out of the NFL as you can get

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread must be revisited.

Alex Smith is the starting QB of 4-1 team in the NFL. Smith has been extraordinary against the blitz, limited the turnovers, and currently has a 7:1 TD to INT ratio. Most importantly, Smith has been CONSISTENT through the first 5 weeks of the season!!!

Sorry to moderators, if they felt it was unnecessary, but AS got so much shit in this thread...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Smith is the starting QB of 4-1 team in the NFL. Smith has been extraordinary against the blitz, limited the turnovers, and currently has a 7:1 TD to INT ratio. Most importantly, Smith has been CONSISTENT through the first 5 weeks of the season!!!

Sorry to moderators, if they felt it was unnecessary, but AS got so much shit in this thread...

Yeah, but what does this have to do with what he showed in the Raiders game?

Har Har Har

Looking back, the impatience with Smith is justified. We could go into great detail about why it is, but simply put the losing records and poor performances resulted in annoyance that Harbaugh banked everything on Smith and he wasn't very crisp in the preseason.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Har Har Har

Looking back, the impatience with Smith is justified. We could go into great detail about why it is, but simply put the losing records and poor performances resulted in annoyance that Harbaugh banked everything on Smith and he wasn't very crisp in the preseason.

Agreed...

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Har Har Har

Disagree, it became irrational hate because he was here for "6 seasons." For the past two seasons, he took majority of the blame for Singletary's and Raye's incompetence. This season, the 49ers almost have the exact same offensive personnel as last season and are 4-1. Therefore, the coaching was the problem not the personnel.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As a #1 pick who has shown almost nothing to give 49er fans hope he deserved most of what he got and now because he is showing a glimmer of hope by not making many mistakes he is getting a shitload of praise that may seem over the top to some.
I am happy the Niners are 4-1 (just like I was happy when they were 3-1 under Sing two years ago) and I am happy that Smith is doing relatively well but I am not going to feel bad about wishing the guy gone for the past three years.