• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on the comeback Indians fans.

@bksballer89 and co, sorry for the loss. that's a tough one to swallow. Series isn't over and unlike the Sox, at least you guys have kept it competitive.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my buddy I grew up with, who was a Browns, Cavaliers, Indians, and Flyers fan I hope Cleveland wins it all.

Maybe then we can stop calling him loser.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, embarrassing for Washington. Can't tell if they or the Dodgers will choke harder

The Cubs played .662 ball in the 2nd half. Cubs may have had a disappointing regular season after last year's 100+ wins, but they've been kicking ass since the ASB. The Cubs offense has returned to 2017 form and the rotation has regressed to the mean. This is still a very dangerous team.

Maybe it's just me, but I think everyone's underrating the Cubs this postseason. Besides, I don't think 5 regular season wins really makes a team that much better (especially when there's a 3 game gap in pythag W-L).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my buddy I grew up with, who was a Browns, Cavaliers, Indians, and Flyers fan I hope Cleveland wins it all.

Maybe then we can stop calling him loser.

They’ll never stop calling you old stinky balls

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs played .662 ball in the 2nd half. Cubs may have had a disappointing regular season after last year's 100+ wins, but they've been kicking ass since the ASB. The Cubs offense has returned to 2017 form and the rotation has regressed to the mean. This is still a very dangerous team.

Maybe it's just me, but I think everyone's underrating the Cubs this postseason. Besides, I don't think 5 regular season wins really makes a team that much better (especially when there's a 3 game gap in pythag W-L).
This isn't about the cubs, they are good. It's about another disappointing Nats playoff run. Hop on the LOL train or fuck off

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about the cubs, they are good. It's about another disappointing Nats playoff run. Hop on the LOL train or fuck off

I never said it wouldn't be disappointing, I just wouldn't really call it a choke.

Besides, this was game one.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hopped on the Indians' bandwagon on account of Jay Bruce. There's a guy who deserves something good to happen in his career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who missed the clown press conference, check out his lame excuses. Let's not forget that his catcher Gary Sanchez told him to challenge immediately.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree the non-challenge was bad, the pitching change complaints seem to me like the hindsight game. I saw the stats and it showed how CC's ERA jumps significantly in the later innings. Yanks are supposed to have one of the best if not the best bullpen in the majors. Why not trust them to protect a 5 run league? Instinct and "well CC was pitching really good" seem kinda thin to me. Blame the manager, if you want, but the bottom line is a normally great bullpen gave up a five run lead in the middle innings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree the non-challenge was bad, the pitching change complaints seem to me like the hindsight game. I saw the stats and it showed how CC's ERA jumps significantly in the later innings. Yanks are supposed to have one of the best if not the best bullpen in the majors. Why not trust them to protect a 5 run league? Instinct and "well CC was pitching really good" seem kinda thin to me. Blame the manager, if you want, but the bottom line is a normally great bullpen gave up a five run lead in the middle innings.

He was facing the bottom of the order. Removing him because he allowed 1 men on was just stupid. Considering he retired 12 of his previous 13, he deserved the benefit of doubt there especially knowing Green was not recovered from his extended outing on Tuesday

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is defending Girardi moves.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trusting his players was a bad look. If one of my guys is insisting that the wrong call was made then i don't even need to see a replay to know that im challenging. He didn't have any trust in CC or Gary last night

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you get a chance, and if possible, watch CC's reaction when dumtarrdee was walking towards the mound. CC was not expecting him to be taking out! that to me tells me CC knew he was not tired , hurt, or in any kind of trouble. You must trust your players. Dumtarrdee overreacts cause he's a neurotic! he froze when sanchez immediately called for a review, it was clear as day the ball hit bat, there was no reaction from the hitter ball touched him. That was game right there! Then, he challenges the ball that was clearly going into the camera area, lol.