• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon suspended 9 games

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get paid for those missed games?
Yes he was paid for his time off in rehab. At that point in time he wasn't sentenced for anything. He made a proactive move and the FO backed him up.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was paid for his time off in rehab. At that point in time he wasn't sentenced for anything. He made a proactive move and the FO backed him up.

All fine and good, but Aldon as an individual didn't suffer any loss at all for this 5 game stint in rehab.

How much should a paid vacation from football count as league discipline?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fine and good, but Aldon as an individual didn't suffer any loss at all for this 5 game stint in rehab.

How much should a paid vacation from football count as league discipline?
When one is getting help for an addiction it should speak volumes over a denial and fighting the issue. The 9ers chose to pay him for the games and had nothing to do with the NFL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When one is getting help for an addiction it should speak volumes over a denial and fighting the issue. The 9ers chose to pay him for the games and had nothing to do with the NFL.

My opinion is that Aldons advisers would not let him deny all of the poor decisions he has made. Taking time off to spin dry is merely damage control. It didn't cost him a penny in salary.
That being said I hope he gets better for his own good.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get paid for those missed games?

Yes the Niners did pay him. I expected about 4-6 games and a fine more or less the amount of the games he missed last season. So basically his suspension would have been over two season instead of one but he still missed time on the field in both seasons but did get paid for one of them.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Niners did pay him. I expected about 4-6 games and a fine more or less the amount of the games he missed last season. So basically his suspension would have been over two season instead of one but he still missed time on the field in both seasons but did get paid for one of them.

The NFL is so fucked up it is not even funny. I wish there is an adult running the NFL.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, Smith suspension will get reduced. I mean wasn't like 4 or 5 for substance abuse..

"NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith told a Washington radio station Friday that, in talks with the NFL about a new policy for performance-enhancing drugs, the union will seek to reverse suspensions that occurred this year but are based retroactively to the previous policy."

NFLPA wants new policy to reverse drug suspensions - ESPN

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Aldon Smith the same 49er that very stupidly made a threat at an airport recently?

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if aldons length of suspension has to do with Jeds lack of clout amongst the owners? The ravens owner Bisciotti has a lot of power among the owners with kraft and jones. I think goodell saw the tape but he was taking orders from Bisciotti and tried to cover up the rice situation.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if aldons length of suspension has to do with Jeds lack of clout amongst the owners? The ravens owner Bisciotti has a lot of power among the owners with kraft and jones. I think goodell saw the tape but he was taking orders from Bisciotti and tried to cover up the rice situation.

If that's true re: Rice, Goodell might as well start packing his bags. Hell, he'll probably be packing soon regardless of this particular issue.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should be. He communicates for a living. He gave some bullshit remarks ON AIR about how the victim is ridiculous for staying with her abuser. He deserves his suspension.
I agree and this really can be a touchy subject with Ray Mac being accused at this moment. Don't let this go too far.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true re: Rice, Goodell might as well start packing his bags. Hell, he'll probably be packing soon regardless of this particular issue.
All of this is a tangled web if we include every violation of everything and how the NFL handled it. Everyone who feels the need to post about this should bring it to the general board.They have superthreads to discuss this.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All of this is a tangled web if we include every violation of everything and how the NFL handled it. Everyone who feels the need to post about this should bring it to the general board.They have superthreads to discuss this.

unfortunately, there will be more things getting players in the spotlight, DV is only the current topic. there were 'street' drugs, DUI, PED's, PETA, and even Bullying, what's next?

this is about our society, not NFL players.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, there will be more things getting players in the spotlight, DV is only the current topic. there were 'street' drugs, DUI, PED's, PETA, and even Bullying, what's next?

this is about our society, not NFL players.
Very true. If you take a venture out to the general board you will see how this can escalate into much more within minutes. Continue the conversation by all means, As long as it stays civil I have no issue really.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Add child abuse now, Adrian Peterson has just been indicted and now de activated for Sunday

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add child abuse now, Adrian Peterson has just been indicted and now de activated for Sunday
Yes .We've been discussing this on the general board. All I can say is I've never seen this type of crap going on all at once. All at the beginning of the season as well! :gaah:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know, it's crazy that it's all happening in such proximity to other events.