• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon suspended 9 games

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is incredibly excessive.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...time for some Lemonade. Love the way this guy plays, and now he has a chance to make a name for himself.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith didn't have charges pressed against him on the majority of his issues or were reduced to misdemeanors. He also agreed to seek counseling and missed 5 games in the middle of the NFL season for it. Why is he getting suspended at all?

And the Seahawks on in the news more often with their practice fines, weed smokers, Lynch DUI continuance, more than Aldon.

your talking about someone (ray rice) who has no history of getting into trouble, aldon smith is the opposite he is ALWAYS getting into trouble there is nothing in the league code of conduct stating that if you voluntarily check yourself in for self help and miss games it will reduce your suspension down the road. the seahawks (not that it has anything to do with this) got caught hitting in practice when we shouldnt and we paid the fines, brandon browner got caught with a positive drug test and he got suspended the rest of the season so we paid the price now its time for smith to pay for his miss deeds.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many Aldon Smith apologists in here. It's not like the guy made 1 mistake. He's simply not smart enough to stay out of trouble.

I'm sorry, but in this day and age anyone who claims to have a bomb in an airport gets absolutely no benefit of the doubt. He deserves everything coming to him.

Disagree completely.

While the airport incident was stupid, he ultimately was not charged for it and to my understanding this had no impact on his suspension.

Furthermore, let's be honest here. We don't know what was actually said. We don't know if he said that he has a bomb. For all we know, he could have been going through security and he may have said, "What, you think I have a bomb or something?" or "Oh yea right, like I have a bomb". These seem more plausible to me, but I don't know either.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your talking about someone (ray rice) who has no history of getting into trouble, aldon smith is the opposite he is ALWAYS getting into trouble there is nothing in the league code of conduct stating that if you voluntarily check yourself in for self help and miss games it will reduce your suspension down the road. the seahawks (not that it has anything to do with this) got caught hitting in practice when we shouldnt and we paid the fines, brandon browner got caught with a positive drug test and he got suspended the rest of the season so we paid the price now its time for smith to pay for his miss deeds.

Yes, but wouldn't it seem reasonable to do so?

It seems to me that this wasn't factored at all. Aldon essentially got a 14-game suspension, which seems highly excessive to me. The punishment doesn't fit the crime if you ask me.

I think Goodell just wanted to lay the hammer down and make an example of both Gordon and Aldon. Especially after the public backlash for being too soft on Ray Rice.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is being reported that the suspension was split up with 4 games being for substance abuse (DUIs) and 5 games for the guns.

Here is where you are completely talking out of your ass. First off, let's go ahead and clear up the gun charges. If he were a member of the Arizona Cardinals (the state he purchased the guns), there would be ZERO charges. Because of California's strict gun laws, he was in possession of an illegal firearm. So unless the NFL is going to be specific with regards to making up their own gun laws independent of the various state's laws, the games for that misdemeanor shouldn't be there.

As far as the DUIs are concerned and the bolded above, once again you are talking out of your ass. You are partially correct that there is nothing in the league code, but Fuhrer Goodell said himself when dealing with Ray Rice that his going to counseling was in part why his suspension was reduced. So although the letter of the law doesn't state it, the one person wielding the hammer said it himself that positive steps for growth were important.

I'm not a Smith apologist, I'm a Goodell hater. Because there is no transparency in his decision making, we are left to wonder why Ray Rice gets 2 games and Aldon gets 9. The substance abuse policy, right or wrong, has a set list of consequences...so although you can make a case that Josh Gordon shouldn't get a year because weed isn't a "PED" and frankly shouldn't be a "substance" to abuse, the bottom line is that the rules for that are clear.
Aldon SHOULD be suspended, what he did was stupid and immature and the DUIs especially could have killed himself or someone else. But because Fuhrer Goodell hasn't put to paper his "list of spankings", we are all left to wonder how he pulled 9 games out of his ass.

As far as you crying over 6 players (not just Browner so don't undersell your team) testing positive for Adderall and Pete Carroll not following the CBA guidelines, that is comparing apples and oranges. Aldon Smith is a shithead in his personal life. Your franchise has shown the tendency to cheat the game. Those are not really comparable.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being reported that the suspension was split up with 4 games being for substance abuse (DUIs) and 5 games for the guns.

Here is where you are completely talking out of your ass. First off, let's go ahead and clear up the gun charges. If he were a member of the Arizona Cardinals (the state he purchased the guns), there would be ZERO charges. Because of California's strict gun laws, he was in possession of an illegal firearm. So unless the NFL is going to be specific with regards to making up their own gun laws independent of the various state's laws, the games for that misdemeanor shouldn't be there.

As far as the DUIs are concerned and the bolded above, once again you are talking out of your ass. You are partially correct that there is nothing in the league code, but Fuhrer Goodell said himself when dealing with Ray Rice that his going to counseling was in part why his suspension was reduced. So although the letter of the law doesn't state it, the one person wielding the hammer said it himself that positive steps for growth were important.

I'm not a Smith apologist, I'm a Goodell hater. Because there is no transparency in his decision making, we are left to wonder why Ray Rice gets 2 games and Aldon gets 9. The substance abuse policy, right or wrong, has a set list of consequences...so although you can make a case that Josh Gordon shouldn't get a year because weed isn't a "PED" and frankly shouldn't be a "substance" to abuse, the bottom line is that the rules for that are clear.
Aldon SHOULD be suspended, what he did was stupid and immature and the DUIs especially could have killed himself or someone else. But because Fuhrer Goodell hasn't put to paper his "list of spankings", we are all left to wonder how he pulled 9 games out of his ass.

As far as you crying over 6 players (not just Browner so don't undersell your team) testing positive for Adderall and Pete Carroll not following the CBA guidelines, that is comparing apples and oranges. Aldon Smith is a shithead in his personal life. Your franchise has shown the tendency to cheat the game. Those are not really comparable.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, Seattlefan75 just got served.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon should just get a lawyer and sue the NFL like the Saint players did to have the suspension overturned or reduced. The length of it clearly has no rhyme or reason when compared to other suspensions. It's pretty much a year long suspension for a first time offender when you add in the 5 games last year. Aldon should have just beat his wife or accepted money to end careers >_>; or heck enjoyed a giant bag of weed right in Goodell's office. To soon for those?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but wouldn't it seem reasonable to do so?

It seems to me that this wasn't factored at all. Aldon essentially got a 14-game suspension, which seems highly excessive to me. The punishment doesn't fit the crime if you ask me.

I think Goodell just wanted to lay the hammer down and make an example of both Gordon and Aldon. Especially after the public backlash for being too soft on Ray Rice.

it does seem reasonable you are correct but you have to follow whats in black and white and it doesnt guarantee that if you check in yourself in for help it will reduce your suspension. Im sure they do this because teams will suspend their players the moment they get in trouble to have them available for key games or for the playoffs down the road

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok so let me get this straight so the seahawks breaking rules and getting suspended 4-10 games is comparing apples and oranges to aldon smith getting in trouble but ray rice and his domestic violence situation is right up the alley with what aldon smith has done? ive already said 3 times that aldon smith is a multiple offender and this is ray rices first time getting in trouble so they are NOT the same.

now for your little made up fairy tale story about what if aldon played for the cardinals and did what he did in arizona we wouldnt be talking about this WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? ALDON DOESNT PLAY FOR ARIZONA he did what he did in california where ever you live you have to abide by the law. WEED IS LEGAL IN SEATTLE but nobody was complaining to the league that it was wrong that browner, thurmond, winston etc were all suspended for a postive drug test.

I like how you guys threw in our seahawk players in this convo even though they have nothing to do with aldon smith but all i can say is that we did wrong and we paid the price no excuses its time for aldon to serve his time and LEARN to stop being a dumbass

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep this civil or bring it to the thread by the same name on the general board.No need for the personal insults.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so let me get this straight so the seahawks breaking rules and getting suspended 4-10 games is comparing apples and oranges to aldon smith getting in trouble but ray rice and his domestic violence situation is right up the alley with what aldon smith has done? ive already said 3 times that aldon smith is a multiple offender and this is ray rices first time getting in trouble so they are NOT the same.

now for your little made up fairy tale story about what if aldon played for the cardinals and did what he did in arizona we wouldnt be talking about this WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? ALDON DOESNT PLAY FOR ARIZONA he did what he did in california where ever you live you have to abide by the law. WEED IS LEGAL IN SEATTLE but nobody was complaining to the league that it was wrong that browner, thurmond, winston etc were all suspended for a postive drug test.

I like how you guys threw in our seahawk players in this convo even though they have nothing to do with aldon smith but all i can say is that we did wrong and we paid the price no excuses its time for aldon to serve his time and LEARN to stop being a dumbass

This is where your posts are obvious attempts at trolling the Niner board. Let me break it down for you....AGAIN....since I'm in the patient mood to slap around trolls.

Ray Rice and Aldon Smith are SIMILAR because both of their transgressions happened OFF THE FIELD. As in their personal lives that have nothing to do with their jobs. Your multiple Seahawks getting popped for PEDs or your organization basically breaking CBA rules has to do with the GAME ITSELF, or ON THE FIELD transgressions. So like I said, apples and oranges. If you want to argue semantics of Ray Rice knocking his wife the fuck out as his singular offense vs. Aldon with multiple offenses, feel free to split hairs.

Weed is legal in Seattle, you are correct. But the NFL already has a drug program in place that stipulates exactly what happens when you decide to smoke weed, therefore, you cannot dispute what your employer says with regards to smoking weed. There is no such program for guns yet, much like weed, there are plenty of differing laws depending on which state you reside in. So your "well, too bad" tantrum is cute, but it lacks substance. This is a legitimate question that the NFL should be answering if they plan on busting players for things they do in their personal lives, much like they have decided to do with drugs.

Lastly, you complaining about other SEA players being brought up is laughable. You need some semblance of reading comprehension as YOU were the ones that brought up Browner, not me. I simply corrected your simplicity on the subject by reiterating your point that you poor SEA fans had to endure so much punishment from so much cheating by so many different players. I'm sure you will find much compassion for your plight on this board.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where your posts are obvious attempts at trolling the Niner board. Let me break it down for you....AGAIN....since I'm in the patient mood to slap around trolls.

Ray Rice and Aldon Smith are SIMILAR because both of their transgressions happened OFF THE FIELD. As in their personal lives that have nothing to do with their jobs. Your multiple Seahawks getting popped for PEDs or your organization basically breaking CBA rules has to do with the GAME ITSELF, or ON THE FIELD transgressions. So like I said, apples and oranges. If you want to argue semantics of Ray Rice knocking his wife the fuck out as his singular offense vs. Aldon with multiple offenses, feel free to split hairs.

Weed is legal in Seattle, you are correct. But the NFL already has a drug program in place that stipulates exactly what happens when you decide to smoke weed, therefore, you cannot dispute what your employer says with regards to smoking weed. There is no such program for guns yet, much like weed, there are plenty of differing laws depending on which state you reside in. So your "well, too bad" tantrum is cute, but it lacks substance. This is a legitimate question that the NFL should be answering if they plan on busting players for things they do in their personal lives, much like they have decided to do with drugs.

Lastly, you complaining about other SEA players being brought up is laughable. You need some semblance of reading comprehension as YOU were the ones that brought up Browner, not me. I simply corrected your simplicity on the subject by reiterating your point that you poor SEA fans had to endure so much punishment from so much cheating by so many different players. I'm sure you will find much compassion for your plight on this board.

Seattle fans keep getting owned!!!!:suds:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected 4 to 6 games, and deservedly so. The dude is a knucklehead, pure and simple...however...I don't really believe the redhead hammer took into consideration the games missed from last year (as he said he would)

Just got to hold the fort till we get Smith and Bowman back.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically his time off last year didn't count for anything, hopefully it made the difference it was intended to in his personal life.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically his time off last year didn't count for anything, hopefully it made the difference it was intended to in his personal life.

Didn't he get paid for those missed games?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think those games he sat out last season were a factor for him not being suspended for the whole season. We can only hope he never screws up again at this point.