• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon stepping away from team

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports the 49ers anticipate OLB Aldon Smith (personal) missing "a minimum of five weeks" during his leave of absence to address off-the-field issues.

Smith took the leave of absence to deal with an alcohol and potential drug problem following his recent arrest on suspicion of DUI, which is Smith's second in as many years. Per Breer, the 49ers also anticipate commissioner Roger Goodell handing down a two- to four-game suspension, though when that will occur is to be determined. The 49ers' pass rush handled itself nicely on Thursday night against the Rams, consistently collapsing Sam Bradford's pocket. Whether they can keep that up without Smith remains to be seen. In a best case scenario, it appears the 49ers would get Smith back around Week 9.
Source: NFL.com

Sep 27 - 3:45 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Per Breer, the 49ers also anticipate commissioner Roger Goodell handing down a two- to four-game suspension, though when that will occur is to be determined.

Rats. Wish it were more.

Well, it's better than 1 game. And next time he screws up it's a whole season right?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rats. Wish it were more.

Well, it's better than 1 game. And next time he screws up it's a whole season right?

They seemed to pressure the passer in this last game without Smith more than they did in the three games with him. I was impressed by some of the young guys and the ways Fangio used to make up for missing Smith.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They seemed to pressure the passer in this last game without Smith more than they did in the three games with him. I was impressed by some of the young guys and the ways Fangio used to make up for missing Smith.

In some ways it might be a blessing in disguise because it actually forces Fangio to be a little more creative than just throwing out the base defense and try to win on pure physical talent.

My main gripe with Fangio is he relies too much on the physical talent and doesn't mix in some creative schemes to try to throw offenses off.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, but the Rams' OL is bad an beaten up.

NewcastleKEG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this Texans game, we have a 4 week cake walk & then bye

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith - LB - 49ers

Speaking Monday, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Aldon Smith (personal) is doing "very well," but didn't provide a timetable for his return.

The 49ers are wisely avoiding providing a public estimate for Smith's return, instead letting their troubled young defensive lineman take as much time as he needs away from the team. The 49ers have been coasting in Smith's absence, and do not have an imposing upcoming schedule.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Oct 7 - 4:38 PM

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After this Texans game, we have a 4 week cake walk & then bye

now a days, no game is a 'cake walk', that's why there are upsets.

can't pump up Jacksonville, but wouldn't underestimate anybody else. this Arizona game is a LITTLE scary because we're all feeing good about ourselves.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can't pump up Jacksonville, but wouldn't underestimate anybody else. this Arizona game is a LITTLE scary because we're all feeing good about ourselves.

I can't take that win two lose crap again

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he's back by the Saints game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I tend to agree. I think our offense will struggle against Arizona. I'm not particularly worried about their offense, but this could come down to one or two mistakes on offense.