• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Arrested?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the NFL, needs to let the law handle crime and they handle football games....
How's a corrupt system gonna help their employees to be incorruptible ....
They need to stop trying to Daddy these players with the do as I say not as I do theory....
He should be arrested, tried and convicted if guilty by a court of law and receive his punishment from them, not the NFL.....Too many good players are lost because they can't be perfect citizens....Absurd !!!!:tsk::tsk::tsk:

That makes zero sense.

The criminal justice system barely slaps guys on the wrist more often than not. The NFL at least can throw their weight around to keep players somewhat in line.

The system the NFL has in place keeps the league infinity cleaner and produces a lot less stories like this one because of it. You take away the league rules on off the field conduct and these players would be going crazy like it was a party in Dallas during the 90's.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't feel too bad for them....most of the time the teams know before the draft that these guys are all knuckleheads.
I do feel bad for them. Except maybe the Cowboys. Jones tends to pursue criminals, and even their HC gets in on the action (remember Barry Switzer with his gun at the airport?). But the Falcons thought they were going to have a HOF QB, the 49ers thought they were finally going to have a good defense, and the Ravens were trying to keep a SB contending team together. The Patriots got away unscathed as they are the Super Bowl champs (and frankly I don't think a 4-game suspension will jeopardize their chances of winning their division AT ALL).

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a matter of a player being a perfect citizen. This is a matter of a player that has done a pretty bad crime and has shown a pattern of really bad behavior. At this point facing jail time any employee would have grounds for firing. Heck he has been given more chances than most at this point in my opinion.

I know and I'm not taking up for him personally or his case, but players in general that sometimes trouble seems to follow around for a while....Adam Jones was a train wreck and he turned it around, maybe some of these others could too if given enough time to...
All I'm saying is crime should be in the hands of the law, not the league....If it's a football violation then it's the leagues deal, not the law...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense.

The criminal justice system barely slaps guys on the wrist more often than not. The NFL at least can throw their weight around to keep players somewhat in line.

The system the NFL has in place keeps the league infinity cleaner and produces a lot less stories like this one because of it. You take away the league rules on off the field conduct and these players would be going crazy like it was a party in Dallas during the 90's.

So you think the NFL should be above the law of the land ??? Brilliant !! :rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and I'm not taking up for him personally or his case, but players in general that sometimes trouble seems to follow around for a while....Adam Jones was a train wreck and he turned it around, maybe some of these others could too if given enough time to...
All I'm saying is crime should be in the hands of the law, not the league....If it's a football violation then it's the leagues deal, not the law...

To me these player are given ridiculous chances. They can get drug tested fail and still not miss a single game. Heck it takes 3 times of testing positive before the league even suspends them for a year. I know plenty of jobs that you drug test positive you are done that day. That isn't the law that is just the job in itself. So the league is not doing anything that other companies are not already. Heck if anything that are more lenient than most companies. Throw in then I would say the league does try to help them up as they have drug programs for them that are top dollar in the country to go seek help and heck most of them still get paid during that time. So again what is the league really doing that other companies across the country aren't already doing?

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jed York is waiting it out before he cuts Smith. He will probably let the legal system run its course first. So perhaps we may see Smith for a few games before he gets the boot.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good idea, but you know how these guys usually have their bad influence buddies around them constantly. A "babysitter" like that would probably be ignored and get so frustrated they'd just quit.

or stuffed in a trunk.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me these player are given ridiculous chances. They can get drug tested fail and still not miss a single game. Heck it takes 3 times of testing positive before the league even suspends them for a year. I know plenty of jobs that you drug test positive you are done that day. That isn't the law that is just the job in itself. So the league is not doing anything that other companies are not already. Heck if anything that are more lenient than most companies. Throw in then I would say the league does try to help them up as they have drug programs for them that are top dollar in the country to go seek help and heck most of them still get paid during that time. So again what is the league really doing that other companies across the country aren't already doing?

I see your point, I just think the NFL is too involved in the players personal life and too inconsistent with it's punishments to be in that position....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read a rumor: that it was over Smith's former and Kaep's current girlfriend, and that the 'vandalism' part of the charge is that Smith smashed Kaep's new Mercedes...

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read a rumor: that it was over Smith's former and Kaep's current girlfriend, and that the 'vandalism' part of the charge is that Smith smashed Kaep's new Mercedes...
Source?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62630826.jpg

Time for Santa Clara to cut bait and take their losses. I mean this is going to be a rebuilding season anyway. His loss isn't the thing that will keep them out of the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's really Kaep's mercedes- that may or may not say something about confidence in Kaep within the locker-room. More and more drama, damage, and chaos for the 49er offseason to the bitter end.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, reporters tweeting he has been cut.

Nice career.

Not sure I have ever seen a team go from nearly winning a ring to garbage heap faster than this Niners team.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the NFL should be above the law of the land ??? Brilliant !! :rolleyes2:

They aren't above the law. The NFL, like any other business, have a right to protect their image and discipline and fire any employees for illegal activity even if the act occurs away from the workplace.

You do realize that the NFL could (being a union job they would have to negotiate it into the CBA) fire any employee for a first time DUI offense right?

I see your point, I just think the NFL is too involved in the players personal life and too inconsistent with it's punishments to be in that position....

They aren't inconsistent in incidents like this in the least anymore. The entire policy is spelled out in black and white and negotiated between the NFLPA and the owners.