• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALCS: Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's just two games!

There is still at least two more to go.

Heart medication purchases are going to skyrocket in Houston and the Bronx if this keeps up.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said he's awful and they should get him out of the lineup. Both accurate statements.

You on the other hand have said

-managers don't make bad moves
-people said hinch screwed up starting McCann
-a guy will start hitting simply because he used to hit
- pitcher who got rocked was showing another pitcher who threw a gem how to pitch in the playoffs
- you then followed that up with asking if I was "actually arguing it"

That's 5 things that are blatantly wrong and quite frankly ground for being put in a home.

Let's see:

-Never said the first
-You said Hinch screwed up starting McCann and confirmed it saying "he's awful and they should get him out of the lineup"
-This is correct, and I said it
- My bad
- No recollection, so what?

Lotta deflection here, I guess to avoid admitting Hinch knows more about making a lineup than you do. No need to admit I know more about baseball than you, every post you make confirms it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's just two games!

There is still at least two more to go.

Heart medication purchases are going to skyrocket in Houston and the Bronx if this keeps up.

Great playoffs all around so far

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, wow, ritardde showing ballz hittin & running in 9th? how bout tryin somethin earlier in game, just sit there on your azz doin nuttin watchin everyone of your hitters tryin to hit a tape measure shot for most of game. hats off to pitchers both sides... young yanks showed themselves at games end losin focus, they will learn! ritardde keeps this lineup its over in 5

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, wow, ritardde showing ballz hittin & running in 9th? how bout tryin somethin earlier in game, just sit there on your azz doin nuttin watchin everyone of your hitters tryin to hit a tape measure shot for most of game. hats off to pitchers both sides... young yanks showed themselves at games end losin focus, they will learn! ritardde keeps this lineup its over in 5

The lineup isn't the issue.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere the Yankees might be looking forward to Astros pitching after the Cleveland series..

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see:

-Never said the first
-You said Hinch screwed up starting McCann and confirmed it saying "he's awful and they should get him out of the lineup"
-This is correct, and I said it
- My bad
- No recollection, so what?

Lotta deflection here, I guess to avoid admitting Hinch knows more about making a lineup than you do. No need to admit I know more about baseball than you, every post you make confirms it.

The words "Hinch screwed up starting McCann" were never mentioned by me. Not once.

You don't know anything about baseball. You keep showing it over and over.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup isn't the issue.

if i thought you had an understanding of simple common sense about this game i would explain, but you don't, and i'm not going to waste my time. i have seen/heard enough stupidity for 1 day. ciao

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The words "Hinch screwed up starting McCann" were never mentioned by me. Not once.

You don't know anything about baseball. You keep showing it over and over.

Please explain to us how "I just said he's awful and they should get him out of the lineup" can be accomplished by starting him.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 takeaways from this game
1) I thought JV wouldn't do well but I was way off. I have to tip my cap and admit my epic fail. :suds:
2) The Correa HR. I understand kicking people out of games sometimes for interfering. Especially drunken douchebags . I think they made the right call on the HR. I don't think Judge would have caught it and it would have cleared the wall anyway but if they had a better camera angle and said that kids glove was a couple inches in the field of play, it would have been heartbreaking to have that kid ejected from the game and just plain wrong. :2cents:
3) Great pitching on both sides. An aggressive play early on by the Yanks that may or may not have cost them. (Fwiw, I doubt Judge would have driven Gardner in from 2nd anyway). Great defensive play and bang, bang at 3rd. Maybe wrong to send him by the textbook knowledge but it's the play-offs and it isn't the worst idea considering the struggles.
Similar situation bottom 9th and Altuve gets away with it because Sanchez doesn't make a relatively easy pick. And it was not interference. Correa is entitled to the bag. Just a gutsy play that worked.
This is a prime example of two sides of the same coin.
All in all, a very entertaining game in October.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain to us how "I just said he's awful and they should get him out of the lineup" can be accomplished by starting him.

By taking him out when I said to??

Please tell me where I said anything regarding Hinch??

I'll wait.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By taking him out when I said to??

Please tell me where I said anything regarding Hinch??

I'll wait.

You wanted him pulled after his first AB. Hinch didn't do it. So you know better obviously.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanted him pulled after his first AB. Hinch didn't do it. So you know better obviously.

It was his second AB when he made his 3rd out.

You really fucking suck at this.