• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALCS: Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is benching McCann, Gattis is a great bat, but he is not a good catcher. If anything Gattis needs to DH, he was killing it against Boston and then Beltran just took over for whatever reason.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander winner!!!!
Wild base running. Interference at 2nd base???
No interference. He did not grab the thrower or anything such as that. He slid into the base popped up, not at all uncommon. More commonly on a stolen base when the ball goes in the outfield. But this runner is not required to get off the base and be potentially tagged just to get out of the way of the thrower.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All LCS games so far: entertaining baseball. It's not that bad watching when you really don't care about one of the teams in it. It's a different thing, but still good.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All LCS games so far: entertaining baseball. It's not that bad watching when you really don't care about one of the teams in it. It's a different thing, but still good.

not entertaining at all seeing the same repeated mistake(s) being made over and over by a coach who is clearly too stubborn to do what is right for his team. the yankees would have won games a little easier and maybe sooner if this buffoon wasn't so got dang stubborn.

for example, his line up... judge and sanchez in top slots while castro and bird, castro who leads every big name in the game in hits before the age of 27, and bird who clearly is making more contact with the ball then either of the 2, judge and sanchez, are getting less ab's.

its easy to sit back when so many long balls are hit during reg. season, and have a run differential of 200, but to manage close games in PS pressure cookers, we don't have much a chance!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No interference. He did not grab the thrower or anything such as that. He slid into the base popped up, not at all uncommon. More commonly on a stolen base when the ball goes in the outfield. But this runner is not required to get off the base and be potentially tagged just to get out of the way of the thrower.

If that was a ground ball for a double play, I think he would have been called. What is the purpose of the pop up at that point other than interfering with the shortstop throwing the ball home.

I mean that throw from Judge looked like a little league toss and screwed most of the timing up, but still think that rule is only being used for double plays.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was NO interference on that play, not 1 thing was done right by yanks , SS needs to be further out, altuve had no business trying to take home, and sanchez had his head up his azz not expecting a play at plate.

fundamentals of game, lost art!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was NO interference on that play, not 1 thing was done right by yanks , SS needs to be further out, altuve had no business trying to take home, and sanchez had his head up his azz not expecting a play at plate.

I agree about Sanchez. Nerves or whatever and yeah, he's still young but the ball beat Altuve there by a healthy margin and it wasn't much of a short hop. Should have made the play but he didn't.
And no way that was interference nor should it have been on a D.P. ball either. Fundamentally perfect pop up slide on the base. I hate those slide rules anyway, though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and why was Judge throwing it to 2nd?

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Altuve was gonna be out my a mile, I get why he went, Chapman is on the mound so you make the defense make a play, but the Yankees collectively did everything they could for him to be safe. Half ass throw by Judge, poor positioning by the SS, and weak attempt at catching the ball by Sanchez. Those are your 3 top players too.

I guess if you are a Yankees fan, you can point toward self-inflicted mistakes and the feeling if you clean those up you will win some games in this series.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why was Judge throwing it to 2nd?

don't know bout anyone else here, but i played for 2 orgs. not 1 of them practiced game situations after ST! which i believe they don't even do anymore cause the greedy owners have their players go right into game situations in pre season. and that is your answer to all the freekin arm and leg injuries early in season...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere the Yankees might be looking forward to Astros pitching after the Cleveland series..

I said that, and it was a logical suggestion.

The Indians had the best pitching staff in baseball in 2017. The Astros did not.

The Astros allowed 4.5 R/G vs the Red Sox, whose lineup is not as potent as the Yankees.

Baseball's a crazy game - particularly in short series.

Credit to Keuchel and Verlander. They were both lights out and put Houston in a great position in the series.

Here's where it could get interesting. With Charlie Morton going for the Astros, the Yankees have an opportunity to get into Houston's bullpen and do some damage. They need to capitalize on that.

Keuchel can start Game 5 on regular rest, and then Verlander #6. Given how they pitched in Games 1 & 2, that's a scary proposition for the Yankees.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that, and it was a logical suggestion.

The Indians had the best pitching staff in baseball in 2017. The Astros did not.

The Astros allowed 4.5 R/G vs the Red Sox, whose lineup is not as potent as the Yankees.

Baseball's a crazy game - particularly in short series.

Credit to Keuchel and Verlander. They were both lights out and put Houston in a great position in the series.

Here's where it could get interesting. With Charlie Morton going for the Astros, the Yankees have an opportunity to get into Houston's bullpen and do some damage. They need to capitalize on that.

Keuchel can start Game 5 on regular rest, and then Verlander #6. Given how they pitched in Games 1 & 2, that's a scary proposition for the Yankees.

He was talking about me, but yeah

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know bout anyone else here, but i played for 2 orgs. not 1 of them practiced game situations after ST! which i believe they don't even do anymore cause the greedy owners have their players go right into game situations in pre season. and that is your answer to all the freekin arm and leg injuries early in season...

Yeah I would think he would have been smart enough to actually pick up ball and immediately throw home or at least throw it to where the 1st baseman (Bird) could cut it off (assuming Bird was there)

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is batting .293 in the post, led by Alteve, .565, and Gurriel, .500. Pitching 3.40 ERA
New York is batting .200 in the post, led by Gardner, .313 and Hicks, .276. Pitching 2.99 ERA

Looks like you've gotta show up at the plate.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play ball:suds:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C C needs to be tough tonight.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C C needs to be tough tonight.

6'6 300 lb pitcher. :L

He will be good as usual... It better be enough .....or else..

broom-dancing-o.gif

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't anyone in these playoffs hit??

Like even the shitty pitchers

Judge looks at 2 heaters down the middle then flails.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how most playoff games go. Pitching >>> offense in the playoffs.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Judge is on he looks like Babe Ruth, but when he is off he looks like an AL pitcher batting for the one time a season. There doesn't seem to be any in between with him.