• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So breaking laws is ok, so long as you don't get caught?

Is your coach suspending players for testing positive for marijuana?

I'm self employed. I can smoke all I want.. My friend works for a company with a federal contract and he cant. If you work for a company or have a scholarship t a school and they dont want you to smoke pot then you shoudlt or risk losing it. this has nothing to do with my views on pot. I couldn't;t care less who smokes. My best friend was a daily smoker. I just told him to not do it in my car or have it on him when I drove.
As for drug tests I have no idea who administers them or checks them butI'm sure Clay wouldn't be protecting a player if he came up positive.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my point is where arrests are concerned, Bama is in the top 25 down the list compared to schools like Georgia and Washington State. Bama's 27 in 10 years pales in comparison to WSU'S 31 in the last 5 years. Hell, Kirby Smart has had 11 in less than 2 full years at Georgia, and they were above Bama on the list before he got there. See the point now, or does it need to be drilled into your thick skull.

Ok but do they get suspended at other schools?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm self employed. I can smoke all I want.. My friend works for a company with a federal contract and he cant. If you work for a company or have a scholarship t a school and they dont want you to smoke pot then you shoudlt or risk losing it. this has nothing to do with my views on pot. I couldn't;t care less who smokes. My best friend was a daily smoker. I just told him to not do it in my car or have it on him when I drove.
As for drug tests I have no idea who administers them or checks them butI'm sure Clay wouldn't be protecting a player if he came up positive.

You didn't answer the questions.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer the questions.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw that the first time.

What players have been suspended for smoking weed?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but do they get suspended at other schools?
Answer that yourself. Suspended for what, classes, a game, lunch? As i stated many posts ago, plenty of punishments worse than missing a game and this needs to be about a life lesson, not a game. Yes he is there to play, but he is also there to learn and mentoring a kid who needs help is far more important than suspending him for being asleep in a parked car because he had too much to drink. Saban's first duty is as a mentor to these kids, help them grow up. His second duty is as coach. He makes a promise to every parent or guardian to protect and watch over these kids. His duty now is gather evidence and punish befitting the offense. Suspending him for a game is not a real punishment in my opinion, he needs to learn the dangers of drinking and driving, as well as what alcohol can do to destroy your life.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer that yourself. Suspended for what, classes, a game, lunch? As i stated many posts ago, plenty of punishments worse than missing a game and this needs to be about a life lesson, not a game. Yes he is there to play, but he is also there to learn and mentoring a kid who needs help is far more important than suspending him for being asleep in a parked car because he had too much to drink. Saban's first duty is as a mentor to these kids, help them grow up. His second duty is as coach. He makes a promise to every parent or guardian to protect and watch over these kids. His duty now is gather evidence and punish befitting the offense. Suspending him for a game is not a real punishment in my opinion, he needs to learn the dangers of drinking and driving, as well as what alcohol can do to destroy your life.

So most schools punish by the player missing game time . But at alabama saban thinks anything other than that is what they need. OK thanks.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So most schools punish by the player missing game time . But at alabama saban thinks anything other than that is what they need. OK thanks.
Have I been speaking for Saban? Last I recall when I posted originally and even then, I iused the words I or my opinion, or personally.

Me commenting on his duties to the players is not me speaking for what he will do to punish them, but I know you like when people speak for others, its how you roll. Notice how I used the words "in my opinion" in my last post. Sounds like I was speaking for myself.

And i laugh because you make me think of the old addage, would you stick your head in a fire if your friend did it?
Why? because just because other schools do something, that doesnt mean it works. If Washinton State suspends players for games, why did they have 31 players arrested in 5 years time? Sounds like that punishment is really working, huh? Just because most schools do something does not make it effective, its just what they do instead of real punishment.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ask you to name punishments worse then missing a game. I'll wait

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good. I just want the young man to learn a lesson and to me, sitting a game is not a lesson, its a slap on the wrist for a serious offense. He needs to see how alcohol destroys and kills people.

BAHAHAHA I sincerely hope you don't have kids.

No sitting out a game the player loves isn't teaching him a lesson. Making him take a few classses for an hour 1 once a week will show'em.

LOL

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask you to name punishments worse then missing a game. I'll wait
I already did. maybe you should read the entire thread. Missing one game is nothing, I can atest to this. Having tons of community service, having to sit through classes on alcohol and drug abuse, and going to abuse meetings of any type to listen how alcohol and drugs ruined someones life is way worse, and will teach him a life lesson missing one game will not.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHA I sincerely hope you don't have kids.

No sitting out a game the player loves isn't teaching him a lesson. Making him take a few classses for an hour 1 once a week will show'em.

LOL
Three, one graduated from Duke University, one is a Master Sargeant in the air force at age 31, and one is enrolling in college next year after finishing two years at a Junior college. Probably gonna enroll at UNC Charlotte where her boyfriend is a Computer major.

So thinking I dont know what motivates kids, or how to keep kids on the straight and narrow has fallen through, what you got next?
Oh, and before you drop more backwoods wisdom on us thinking all kids are the same and are motivated by the same things, know that I run a company where 20 and 30 something kids and young men work for me daily. I dont talk out of my ass when I say I know how to deal with people, and making him miss a game will not teach him what he did is wrong and why.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did. maybe you should read the entire thread. Missing one game is nothing, I can atest to this. Having tons of community service, having to sit through classes on alcohol and drug abuse, and going to abuse meetings of any type to listen how alcohol and drugs ruined someones life is way worse, and will teach him a life lesson missing one game will not.

BAHAHAHA GMFB, community service while good is a cop out. Anyone can sign off the dude completed it.

Sitting through drug and alcohol classes is no where close to sitting through a game because you fucked up. (I'm speaking from experience with this)

Going to abuse meetings is a good one. Whether he'll do that or not is yet to be seen.

Is there anything else or just the one???

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe he should sit out a season and lose a year of eligibility?

That might send the message.
Sounds extreme, plus you are screwing with his life a bit.

I liked my plan, sends the message, teaches him a life lesson, and he has to earn his place back in the trust of the coaches by performing community service until its completed.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHA GMFB, community service while good is a cop out. Anyone can sign off the dude completed it.

Sitting through drug and alcohol classes is no where close to sitting through a game because you fucked up. (I'm speaking from experience with this)

Going to abuse meetings is a good one. Whether he'll do that or not is yet to be seen.

Is there anything else or just the one???
You fail to remember Saban has a charity and Alabama has charities thsy do work for. Community service with those organizations would not be a cake walk. I know because I volunteer sometimes and the work they do is fun, but its also hard. Many times its building homes for under privileged families. Sometimes its rehabbing a neighborhood or cleanup of areas in need of work. Many times its helping the less fortunate in some small way. Believe me, its not a cop out by any stretch.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three, one graduated from Duke University, one is a Master Sargeant in the air force at age 31, and one is enrolling in college next year after finishing two years at a Junior college. Probably gonna enroll at UNC Charlotte where her boyfriend is a Computer major.

So thinking I dont know what motivates kids, or how to keep kids on the straight and narrow has fallen through, what you got next?
Oh, and before you drop more backwoods wisdom on us thinking all kids are the same and are motivated by the same things, know that I run a company where 20 and 30 something kids and young men work for me daily. I dont talk out of my ass when I say I know how to deal with people, and making him miss a game will not teach him what he did is wrong and why.

Your post totally dismissing missing a game because one messed up and that being not dicisipline totally fooled me. Good work.

you are the one trying to drop backwoods knowledge because you think some how a player missing something he has practiced for is not a punishment. Jesus Christ your parallels with nick Saban are few. Just because you "run a company" does not put you on the same ground as Saban.

But by all means, keep talking out your ass.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fail to remember Saban has a charity and Alabama has charities thsy do work for. Community service with those organizations would not be a cake walk. I know because I volunteer sometimes and the work they do is fun, but its also hard. Many times its building homes for under privileged families. Sometimes its rehabbing a neighborhood or cleanup of areas in need of work. Many times its helping the less fortunate in some small way. Believe me, its not a cop out by any stretch.

Hate to tell ya this scout, most coaches have charities. An community service is very good, but I'm sure most can agree missing something you practiced for is a way tougher punishment.

Hell shouldn't the said player doing community service under Saban be happy after he completed something like cleaning up neighborhoods or helping the less fortunate? I fail to see how this will teach him of the "dangers and people abused" from alcohol.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post totally dismissing missing a game because one messed up and that being not dicisipline totally fooled me. Good work.

you are the one trying to drop backwoods knowledge because you think some how a player missing something he has practiced for is not a punishment. Jesus Christ your parallels with nick Saban are few. Just because you "run a company" does not put you on the same ground as Saban.

But by all means, keep talking out your ass.
Not trying to draw a parallel with Saban. He is at the top of his game and second to none. I am but a lowly small business owner who uses hundreds of different people per year(some years) to do contracts I bid on. I dont have to parallel Saban to know people and how to motivate them. If you read all my posts, you will see I have no objections to Saban suspending him for a game, I just dont personally think it teaches a lesson. Its a one time punishment that has no basis to teach him anything, since the state most likely took his license until the court case happens, and he already knows driving drunk, without a license is no way to get it back, nor get back in Sabans good graces.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to draw a parallel with Saban. He is at the top of his game and second to none. I am but a lowly small business owner who uses hundreds of different people per year(some years) to do contracts I bid on. I dont have to parallel Saban to know people and how to motivate them. If you read all my posts, you will see I have no objections to Saban suspending him for a game, I just dont personally think it teaches a lesson. Its a one time punishment that has no basis to teach him anything, since the state most likely took his license until the court case happens, and he already knows driving drunk, without a license is no way to get it back, nor get back in Sabans good graces.

We'll agree to disagree, but it sounds absolutely rediculous when people like you and bandwagon pinkears try and say missing a game teaches him nothing. He gives up basically his life for 3 to 4 years for 12(plus) games a year. He's not going to be learning anything from missing at least one of those 12(plus) games?