• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice i used 100 hours, thats a small penalty, could be more. Break that down into 8 hour days (hard to come by an 8 hour free time day in a college athletic program at the height of the season, but you know this. So, time is more of an issue. Missing a game, fine, let him miss it. Still doesnt change my opinion its not much a lesson. You say it teaches him there are consequences for his actions. Yeah, my guess is you take any kid off the street, stop him and ask if he was driving drunk and got caught, will there be consequences for that action, and they say yes. Sorry, these kids know right from wrong 99% of the time. Showing them what substances do to normal, healthy people and how it degrades their bodies and minds until they only know a craving for that substance is how you reach them. Showing them the pain and suffering, even death, causes them to think about their own mortality and how he could have died, or killed someone else. Missing a game, yeah, it makes him miss something he has trained for, but it doesnt tell him why he is missing it other than actions have consequences. They why is more important for his future health and life that the slap on the wrist he gets for missing a game. Missing a game is akin to timeout, doesnt work.

Yes but your vague 100 hour community service time shows them what substances do to people? How it degrades their body? GMAFB with that. It will take up his time, that's it. Losing game time, something he has trained and knows is a better way to a better life shows the consequences. But let's settle on this, why can't both be done?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I hate Saban. I will admit that.

An no, you are a homer. Why is it I only see bama fans saying missing a game doesn't teach anything? Admit it, it's a win at all cost attitude. Not horrid but still makes you a homer, pal.
Yeah, its a win at all cost, but here I am saying suspend or dont, i dont care. Yeah, thats a true homer, someone sho doesnt care about a loss, but lets win at any cost. Sorry, you missed the boat and got left holding the hater bag. Gotta love the mentality that see's a person specifically say they dont care anbout wins and losses, yet calls them a homer.

I argued a point with another jackass on penalties. See if you can answer this. If Missing a game is such a deterrent and most schools do this, why did Washington State have 31 arrests in 5 years time? Doesnt that penalty set the stage for no more arrests? Or is it not much of a deterrent? Sounds like the latter.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but your vague 100 hour community service time shows them what substances do to people? How it degrades their body? GMAFB with that. It will take up his time, that's it. Losing game time, something he has trained and knows is a better way to a better life shows the consequences. But let's settle on this, why can't both be done?
No, my other punishment i detailed where they take substance abuse classes and go to al-anon meetings does. You like to twist, yet you know all I detailed in one post of how I would handle this. Keep spinning, but my words are there for all to read, showing you as moving the bar to suit your argument.

Apparently you dont read and comprehend well. I stated already i dont care if Saban suspends a kid, yet you ask why cant both be done. They both can, I personally dont think missing a game is much of a punishment though. Showing them what they could end up like without change by substance abuse classes, al-anon meetings, possibly visiting half way houses for drug offenders and abusers. These show them how the path they choose is a road taken often with bad results. So do both, or dont. I just think one way isnt much of anything more than a slap on the wrist.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everyone else sees that bama fans just don't get is you guys keep throwing out classes and community service and extra workouts and adding more hours and trying to say thats worse than missing a game. Sounds like you're kicking and screaming to avoid any game time missed for the player. People ask for community service to avoid jail. Not playing is the jail for these players. They fucked up so they know they are getting something and you do them a favor by giving them anything other than missing game time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everyone else sees that bama fans just don't get is you guys keep throwing out classes and community service and extra workouts and adding more hours and trying to say thats worse than missing a game. Sounds like you're kicking and screaming to avoid any game time missed for the player. People ask for community service to avoid jail. Not playing is the jail for these players. They fucked up so they know they are getting something and you do them a favor by giving them anything other than missing game time.
So if what Saban does isnt a deterrent, how many repeat offenders has he had?
Like I stated before 2.7% per year is not bad considering he deals with over 100 players per year.
You can keep on shoveling, the change someone opinion pile isnt getting smaller.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facepalm all you want bandwagonbo2 it's the bama fans who can't see past
So if what Saban does isnt a deterrent, how many repeat offenders has he had?
Like I stated before 2.7% per year is not bad considering he deals with over 100 players per year.
You can keep on shoveling, the change someone opinion pile isnt getting smaller.

Everyone deals with 100 players per year. Everyone. He has a policy of not punishing players in trouble with the law with missing game time. Anything but that. Guns, drugs, DUis, domestic abuse. His punishment is anything but I need them on saturday. Thats the whole picture in a nutshell. It doesn't matter if it's their first. Most players everywhere(the ones that do) only get in trouble once with the law, they are only there a few years. In the NFL you get a DUI you're suspended , and these are grown men in a profession. It;s not only about them learning a lesson it's about paying a price for your stupid mistake.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facepalm all you want bandwagonbo2 it's the bama fans who can't see past

Everyone deals with 100 players per year. Everyone. He has a policy of not punishing players in trouble with the law with missing game time. Anything but that. Guns, drugs, DUis, domestic abuse. His punishment is anything but I need them on saturday. Thats the whole picture in a nutshell. It doesn't matter if it's their first. Most players everywhere(the ones that do) only get in trouble once with the law, they are only there a few years. In the NFL you get a DUI you're suspended , and these are grown men in a profession. It;s not only about them learning a lesson it's about paying a price for your stupid mistake.
So you dont have instances of what Saban is doing as working?
OR you chose to ignore my post and go off on another diatribe about how others do it, so Saban should too.

My guess is the latter.
If you cannot show repeat offenders, then clearly his method works too, right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as it should

give him a slap on the wrist including making him sit at home and watch the 1st game on TV and not participate in game week activities. Hand's a good dewd....i've followed his career since he was a junior in high school and i seriously doubt he will make a habit of stupid shit like this (i'm surprised it happened in the first place) but "handling it internally" isn't a good look when it comes to criminal matters and arrests. That is for anyone including VT and they have themselves been guilty of stupid shit in regards to these decisions in the past. Sets a bad example for the young guys and in the public eye.

Alabama isn't going to shit the bed because they are missing a DE who got 21 total tackles and 2 sacks last season. His potential effectiveness against FSU has no bearing to me in my opinion here. I would do the same to a walk-on looking forward to practicing on the scout team without any hope of actually playing in the game anyways.

I couldn't care less how it looks to others really. What matters is if he is going to learn his lesson.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the USC fan disappeared when asked how many players have been suspended for weed.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the USC fan disappeared when asked how many players have been suspended for weed.
Dont push him, he might OJ you when you are walking to your door tonight.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Internal Punishment oughta do it. No reason to miss any time. It's not like anyone's life was at risk or anything.
WRONG!!! Saban coming down on dat @$$ hard. Will sit the entire Mercer game on November 18. It's a lock!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you dont have instances of what Saban is doing as working?
OR you chose to ignore my post and go off on another diatribe about how others do it, so Saban should too.

My guess is the latter.
If you cannot show repeat offenders, then clearly his method works too, right?
That's not what it's about. Nobody on this board gives two curly shits if these guys commit the same crime again. They want a pound of flesh, and they want it from the big boys, and they want it from their best players. Don't see any threads about Darren Carrington being suspended for the DUI he got in July, or for Kyle Wittingham not punishing him appropriately, do you? In fact, the only other prominent thread I remember on this topic was Barrett last year and how other fans were demanding he be suspended. Because of ethics? Of fucking course not. It's because they want to see the top teams fall and if this is how it happens, so be it.

It's as simple as that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered your question . I haven't heard of any recently. Have you heard of a USC player stopped and arrested for it? The Alabama players were caught in cars with weed. Didnt one fail multiple drug tests while at bama and didnt get suspended?
Tim Williams admits to multiple failed drug tests at Alabama

Have I heard about USC players getting busted for weed....in a state where it is legal? Really?

I don't think they should be suspended for it, you do. I'm pretty sure USC players fail for weed, but don't get punished.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what it's about. Nobody on this board gives two curly shits if these guys commit the same crime again. They want a pound of flesh, and they want it from the big boys, and they want it from their best players. Don't see any threads about Darren Carrington being suspended for the DUI he got in July, or for Kyle Wittingham not punishing him appropriately, do you? In fact, the only other prominent thread I remember on this topic was Barrett last year and how other fans were demanding he be suspended. Because of ethics? Of fucking course not. It's because they want to see the top teams fall and if this is how it happens, so be it.

It's as simple as that.
Oh trust me, I know what they want, and this is why I am pointing out the hypocrisy in their comments by showing the players rarely repeat offend. Tim Williams is the only one I know of at Bama and he was a rare talent that came with some baggage. He did get a half game suspension for carrying an unlicensed weapon, and a suspension during camp where he and two ther players failed drug tests. Most players now days smoke weed, so the schools have adopted a tiered system for piss test failures. He had to pass a drug screening and some other obstacles before he could play. He passed them all before the first game.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was sleeping in his car with the keys not in the ignition and not parked on the road.

I slept in my truck at my best friend's birthday party a couple weeks ago. Guess I should be glad a cop didn't tap on the window.