• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its a win at all cost, but here I am saying suspend or dont, i dont care. Yeah, thats a true homer, someone sho doesnt care about a loss, but lets win at any cost. Sorry, you missed the boat and got left holding the hater bag. Gotta love the mentality that see's a person specifically say they dont care anbout wins and losses, yet calls them a homer.

I argued a point with another jackass on penalties. See if you can answer this. If Missing a game is such a deterrent and most schools do this, why did Washington State have 31 arrests in 5 years time? Doesnt that penalty set the stage for no more arrests? Or is it not much of a deterrent? Sounds like the latter.

You are the one saying he won't learn anything or that's not punishment from missing a game jackass, not me. You have to understand from the outside world it certainly looks like you and bandwagon pink ears are arguing this because it will hurt your team for wins and losses.

Are you trying to say there is a penalty that will totally deter bad behavior and set the stage for no more arrests? Really you are trying to argue that??

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my other punishment i detailed where they take substance abuse classes and go to al-anon meetings does. You like to twist, yet you know all I detailed in one post of how I would handle this. Keep spinning, but my words are there for all to read, showing you as moving the bar to suit your argument.

Apparently you dont read and comprehend well. I stated already i dont care if Saban suspends a kid, yet you ask why cant both be done. They both can, I personally dont think missing a game is much of a punishment though. Showing them what they could end up like without change by substance abuse classes, al-anon meetings, possibly visiting half way houses for drug offenders and abusers. These show them how the path they choose is a road taken often with bad results. So do both, or dont. I just think one way isnt much of anything more than a slap on the wrist.

The only argument you are trying to suit is your opinion. Anyone with half a brain knows missing game time is certainly a punishment. You won't to be all "he needs to learn how it affects people" by doing community service. My case of taking something he practiced for and basically gives up his life for 3/4 years shows there is consequences for his actions.

I know you don't care if Saban suspends, yet you keep arguing it won't teach him anything. That is the utter case of bs. Yes yes your cool with both, then stfu about him not learning anything or being a slap on the wrist when from the outside world it certainly looks like you don't want him to miss time for wins and losses.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what it's about. Nobody on this board gives two curly shits if these guys commit the same crime again. They want a pound of flesh, and they want it from the big boys, and they want it from their best players. Don't see any threads about Darren Carrington being suspended for the DUI he got in July, or for Kyle Wittingham not punishing him appropriately, do you? In fact, the only other prominent thread I remember on this topic was Barrett last year and how other fans were demanding he be suspended. Because of ethics? Of fucking course not. It's because they want to see the top teams fall and if this is how it happens, so be it.

It's as simple as that.

I don't see threads started for those people. Nor do I see fans of those schools defending missing playing time as not punishment.

Correct me if I'm wrong Darren Carrington is kicked off Oregon. JT Barret served a 1 game suspension for OVI. Pat Narduzzi suspended his starting offensive lineman 1 game for DUI and kick another 2 off the team for detrimental behavior. True I don't see threads about them. Nor do I see stupid ass homers defending no time missed.

It's as simple as that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one saying he won't learn anything or that's not punishment from missing a game jackass, not me. You have to understand from the outside world it certainly looks like you and bandwagon pink ears are arguing this because it will hurt your team for wins and losses.

Are you trying to say there is a penalty that will totally deter bad behavior and set the stage for no more arrests? Really you are trying to argue that??
No, what i am saying is different strokes for different folks. You think the only way to inflict punishment is to suspend for a game because everyone else does it. I am saying there is more than one way to skin a cat. I have even said suspend the player or dont, it doesnt matter to me. You and calijim seem to feel because everyone does it, its ok to stick your head in the oven. Frankly, if it makes you happy, knock yourselves out. I will even assist by turning it on broil when you get settled.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only argument you are trying to suit is your opinion. Anyone with half a brain knows missing game time is certainly a punishment. You won't to be all "he needs to learn how it affects people" by doing community service. My case of taking something he practiced for and basically gives up his life for 3/4 years shows there is consequences for his actions.

I know you don't care if Saban suspends, yet you keep arguing it won't teach him anything. That is the utter case of bs. Yes yes your cool with both, then stfu about him not learning anything or being a slap on the wrist when from the outside world it certainly looks like you don't want him to miss time for wins and losses.
Half a brain is about how many brain cells it takes to follow what others do without trying to think outside the box. I have asked repeatedly how many repeat offenders Alabama has had, no one seems to want to venture a comment on it. Just because Bob beats his wife, does this mean we all should? Yes, I tripped over the line, but I did so to hopefully make you see that just because some other coach found a way to discipline his players that works without suspending them doesnt make it wrong or a bad thing. You continuing to harp on what others see or think interests me little as I dont come here to change my opinion based on public perception.

And asking me to STFU about my opinion on something wont fly. Last I checked this is a message board and my opinion is as important as yours. Trying to stifle my opinion only serves to make me say it again. It doesnt do much beyond a slap on the wrist...IN MY OPINION.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what i am saying is different strokes for different folks. You think the only way to inflict punishment is to suspend for a game because everyone else does it. I am saying there is more than one way to skin a cat. I have even said suspend the player or dont, it doesnt matter to me. You and calijim seem to feel because everyone does it, its ok to stick your head in the oven. Frankly, if it makes you happy, knock yourselves out. I will even assist by turning it on broil when you get settled.

Ohh your so kind. Of course there's more than one way to skin a cat. But because most coaches do suspend a player for getting a DUI certainly doesn't mean it's wrong.

My original point is the player absolutely learns something from missing a game or at least will think twice about breaking the law again if he knows gametime could be missed, regardless of what his final actions are.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half a brain is about how many brain cells it takes to follow what others do without trying to think outside the box. I have asked repeatedly how many repeat offenders Alabama has had, no one seems to want to venture a comment on it. Just because Bob beats his wife, does this mean we all should? Yes, I tripped over the line, but I did so to hopefully make you see that just because some other coach found a way to discipline his players that works without suspending them doesnt make it wrong or a bad thing. You continuing to harp on what others see or think interests me little as I dont come here to change my opinion based on public perception.

And asking me to STFU about my opinion on something wont fly. Last I checked this is a message board and my opinion is as important as yours. Trying to stifle my opinion only serves to make me say it again. It doesnt do much beyond a slap on the wrist...IN MY OPINION.

If your not going to stfu on your opinion that's fine, but quit saying that you don't care if Saban does it or not. You arguing it teaches nothing to miss a game only amplifies you do.

An I do not harp on what others see. I harp on you and idiot pink ears continuing to believe missing the game teaches nothing.

Does that fly?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh your so kind. Of course there's more than one way to skin a cat. But because most coaches do suspend a player for getting a DUI certainly doesn't mean it's wrong.

My original point is the player absolutely learns something from missing a game or at least will think twice about breaking the law again if he knows gametime could be missed, regardless of what his final actions are.
I have never claimed its wrong, I simply stated in my opinion its not much of a deterrent. This is when lanties were soiled and tales of me being a homer were bandied about.

My last point on this. if Saban were like "most coaches" he wouldnt have 5 National titles to his credit. So I am glad Saban is not like "most coaches". He blazes trails for others to attempt to follow. EOT/

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never claimed its wrong, I simply stated in my opinion its not much of a deterrent. This is when lanties were soiled and tales of me being a homer were bandied about.

My last point on this. if Saban were like "most coaches" he wouldnt have 5 National titles to his credit. So I am glad Saban is not like "most coaches". He blazes trails for others to attempt to follow. EOT/

You claimed it's a slap on the wrist to miss a game. GMFB on that. Only a gutless homer can't admit missing a game is something he will learn something from.

No Saban isn't like most coaches, he has a win at all cost attitude. Maybe that's why he has 5NC's. he doesn't suspend kids just internal punishment. For the good of the team!

End Of Thread

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your not going to stfu on your opinion that's fine, but quit saying that you don't care if Saban does it or not. You arguing it teaches nothing to miss a game only amplifies you do.

An I do not harp on what others see. I harp on you and idiot pink ears continuing to believe missing the game teaches nothing.

Does that fly?
So let me see if I follow this logic. Because i dont care if Saban suspends a player or not, I am not allowed to post "my" opinion on if "I" thinks its a penalty of note or not? Yeah, i think that qualifies as censorship of "my" opinion too. Sounds like you will allow me to have an opinion, I just cannot post it if its counter to what you think, what other coaches do, or what Saban does or doesnt do. In other words, you dont want ke to post opinions that differ from the rest of he world. how boring.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me see if I follow this logic. Because i dont care if Saban suspends a player or not, I am not allowed to post "my" opinion on if "I" thinks its a penalty of note or not? Yeah, i think that qualifies as censorship of "my" opinion too. Sounds like you will allow me to have an opinion, I just cannot post it if its counter to what you think, what other coaches do, or what Saban does or doesnt do. In other words, you dont want ke to post opinions that differ from the rest of he world. how boring.

No, you saying you don't care what Saban does but then argue against a suspension of one game is kind of counter productive because you don't care. When in all actuality this thread proves more then ever that you do.

I thought you ended thread???

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claimed it's a slap on the wrist to miss a game. GMFB on that. Only a gutless homer can't admit missing a game is something he will learn something from.

No Saban isn't like most coaches, he has a win at all cost attitude. Maybe that's why he has 5NC's. he doesn't suspend kids just internal punishment. For the good of the team!

End Of Thread
You keep using Homer, but cannot show me defending Saban and his tactics. A homer would be defending Saban, not giving his opinions on what should be done. Not even Saban uses the items I mentioned, other than community service. So in what way am I a homer? I already said I dont care if the win or lose, if Saban suspends or doesnt. I am failing to see how I am a homer if I dont meet the win at all costs attitude you keep spouting Saban has. Maybe you should drop some half brain knowledge and tell me how I am a homer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End Of Thread

How do you even know that there is something left to be learned by suspension time? You're making some large assumptions.

And if that is the lesson that's learned - then how does that help him whenever he isn't on the football team?

For the record, even if we played a FCS game the first game of the season I still don't think suspending them is a great idea. I also defend other schools in these same situations. When people were claiming Mixon should be kicked out of school, I defended him because kicking him out of school doesn't help them.

It doesn't matter what school it is, my opinion on this topic is the same.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep using Homer, but cannot show me defending Saban and his tactics. A homer would be defending Saban, not giving his opinions on what should be done. Not even Saban uses the items I mentioned, other than community service. So in what way am I a homer? I already said I dont care if the win or lose, if Saban suspends or doesnt. I am failing to see how I am a homer if I dont meet the win at all costs attitude you keep spouting Saban has. Maybe you should drop some half brain knowledge and tell me how I am a homer.

Are you kidding me? Are you really trying to say you aren't defending Saban here? Really? Do you even have half a brain, because everyone even on this page can see you defending Saban with the "he's not like other coaches" and he does things his way as he sees fit. That's not defending Saban.

Yes yes we know you don't care if Saban does it but yet you are still here arguing with me about it. Hmmm seems like ya care champ.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you saying you don't care what Saban does but then argue against a suspension of one game is kind of counter productive because you don't care. When in all actuality this thread proves more then ever that you do.

I think Saban is smart enough and knows enough about the kids to give out appropriate punishment.

Do you not feel the same way about your coach?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not arguing against a suspension, even went so farmas to say Saban or any coach can suspend or dont and it doesnt bother me. I simply dont see its a punishment fitting the crime. I have even stated its my opinion, but you keep walking it back to being earth shattering I have an opinion that differs from yours. Here a hint, I am not changing my opinion no matter what you say or how you frame it. I am not a keep up with the Jones, head in the oven kinda guy. I walk to my own drumbeat and have my own out of the box thoughts.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you even know that there is something left to be learned by suspension time? You're making some large assumptions.

And if that is the lesson that's learned - then how does that help him whenever he isn't on the football team?

For the record, even if we played a FCS game the first game of the season I still don't think suspending them is a great idea. I also defend other schools in these same situations. When people were claiming Mixon should be kicked out of school, I defended him because kicking him out of school doesn't help them.

It doesn't matter what school it is, my opinion on this topic is the same.

I know there is something left to be learned by suspension time as much as you know there is someing he will learn by doing push-ups.

I guess just using the lesson that you can lose something you love and have been training for will make him think twice about doing something stupid on or off the football field.

I echo your last sentence. That includes my own school.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Saban is smart enough and knows enough about the kids to give out appropriate punishment.

Do you not feel the same way about your coach?

Yes, the fact that he makes millions of dollars a year on wins and needs these "kids" for said wins means there's no chance an inappropriate punishment would ever be given.

I'm not sure about my coach ethier, seriously.