• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "yes I was defending Saban in not suspending him"

Again why not both a suspension and life changing event he experiences?
If you had really read all my posts, you would know I have no issue with this, yet you keep dragging thsi same tired questions out. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is you that owes everyone else on this site an apology for dragging this on for 10+ pages of pure and utter nonsense.

I've read your words and you talk out both sides of your ass. You are trying desperately hard to make it sound as though missing a game means nothing and that is pure bullshit. You can say all you want that you don't have a problem with it, but when you spend page after page trying to spin it and argue with literally anyone sane in the discussion it suggests you very much do have problems with how it impacts the team.

How about you actually answer the points I made instead of trying to change the subject? Do you think a kid that has to either not suit up, or maybe even not allowed on the sideline has to feel the weight of letting every other player on that team down for what they did that lead to them not playing and potentially hurting the team? You don't think that is punishment? You don't think the impact of their peers carries more than extra wind sprints? That's the only point I made. I really don't give a shit about whatever else you are droning on with ralphie about. Your assertion that this isn't really much of a punishment is entirely dumb IMO. It makes it very public. The entire team is impacted, the boosters and support staff are impacted. It is far more than whatever the coaches put you through. It is the ultimate punishment in many ways.
Hide and see if i apologize to clowns on a message board, mainly because I have nothing to apologize for. It is your opinion that a suspension carries a lot of weight with these kids. It is my opinion it is not to all kids as each is different. when I was a teenager, I didnt give a shit what others felt or thought, I was out for me and mine. So suspending me did little to impact me and my care for how others felt.

So to answer your question honestly, who knows because we are not all created equal. What impacts one kid, might not effect the next as much or at all. Some people are all about themselves, even in a team environment.

What I am laughing about is this is my opinion and only mine, yet you guys are going apeshit over this like my opinion shapes how Alabama punishes kids. Sad actually that you guys get this panty twisted over an opinion.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Saban is perfect or should be, what I'm saying is relying on a guy who makes millions off wins to properly punish these kids when it can effect his bottomline is laughable as him being the best person to deal with this.

So you don't think team discipline has anything to do with wins? Do you think Saban could have kept it together this long without the team being disciplined?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hide and see if i apologize to clowns on a message board, mainly because I have nothing to apologize for. It is your opinion that a suspension carries a lot of weight with these kids. It is my opinion it is not to all kids as each is different. when I was a teenager, I didnt give a shit what others felt or thought, I was out for me and mine. So suspending me did little to impact me and my care for how others felt.

So to answer your question honestly, who knows because we are not all created equal. What impacts one kid, might not effect the next as much or at all. Some people are all about themselves, even in a team environment.

What I am laughing about is this is my opinion and only mine, yet you guys are going apeshit over this like my opinion shapes how Alabama punishes kids. Sad actually that you guys get this panty twisted over an opinion.
Where in anything I have said do you get that I believe your opinion has any impact on what the school does? Do you always project pure bullshit into every post? So far you are batting 1.000

Suspensions for sure isn't always equal. No punishment is. What hits home to one kid won't others. I mean that's kind of obvious isn't it? High profile kids that actually matter on game day will be far more impacted by a suspension at least in terms of what it means to his teammates. A backup to a backup won't matter much. They were just holding up one end of the bench anyway. Yet you have to be consistent and give similar punishment for similar crime to anyone on the team that does this stuff. I said up front it isn't an either or, do both! If DUI is a serious enough crime give a game suspension as well as whatever else you feel hammers the point home.

And in this particular case there might not be enough to give the same level of punishment you would if he had ran into a ditch or something. I was clearly only bringing up suspensions in general as a matter of policy.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in anything I have said do you get that I believe your opinion has any impact on what the school does? Do you always project pure bullshit into every post? So far you are batting 1.000

Suspensions for sure isn't always equal. No punishment is. What hits home to one kid won't others. I mean that's kind of obvious isn't it? High profile kids that actually matter on game day will be far more impacted by a suspension at least in terms of what it means to his teammates. A backup to a backup won't matter much. They were just holding up one end of the bench anyway. Yet you have to be consistent and give similar punishment for similar crime to anyone on the team that does this stuff. I said up front it isn't an either or, do both! If DUI is a serious enough crime give a game suspension as well as whatever else you feel hammers the point home.

And in this particular case there might not be enough to give the same level of punishment you would if he had ran into a ditch or something. I was clearly only bringing up suspensions in general as a matter of policy.
You got lumped in with the you guys comment, but it was more aimed at the Cali and WVU fans.
I can see how a suspension might work on some players, but to say it works on all is a sketchy statement, even if one happens to be a high talent marquis player. Sometimes those guys are "me" types and not total team players, so how it effexts the team would not enter into their mind. I am leaving this conversation as it is. I have my opinion noted for all to see.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got lumped in with the you guys comment, but it was more aimed at the Cali and WVU fans.
I can see how a suspension might work on some players, but to say it works on all is a sketchy statement, even if one happens to be a high talent marquis player. Sometimes those guys are "me" types and not total team players, so how it effexts the team would not enter into their mind. I am leaving this conversation as it is. I have my opinion noted for all to see.
I think the bigger reason to do them is the message it sends to the rest of the team. While you are sitting there dealing with the loss of your brother for that game (or games) and seeing what everyone else on the team is saying about it, it just might make some pause before doing it themselves. It would have a bigger impact that way than watching that same brother just do extra wind sprints or community service. It hits far closer to home. Sure, it won't make every kid think twice, but it sure will make some.

I mean just have your damned buddies drive. It's really not that hard.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I was a teenager, I didnt give a shit what others felt or thought, I was out for me and mine. So suspending me did little to impact me and my care for how others felt.
If Saban (or anyone) has players with this kind of attitude, he should kick them off the team permanently. You can win in Tennis and golf as an individual, but not in football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban (or anyone) has players with this kind of attitude, he should kick them off the team permanently. You can win in Tennis and golf as an individual, but not in football.

Usually they transfer. Blake Barnett a good example last year.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post Air Force game, and then the bowl game did nothing to make me change it for the offseason
Can't blame you there.
This offseason has got to be the least exciting offseason since high school for me. I have no idea what to expect...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame you there.
This offseason has got to be the least exciting offseason since high school for me. I have no idea what to expect...

It's been a while since I entered a season with this little optimism. I mean if a few things go right we can be good again, but I just don't have much confidence that it will happen. It just seemed like last year's team tried to do almost anything it could to lose games, but at the same time find ways to win a lot of them.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp can't say we're surprised:

Alabama coach Nick Saban said Thursday he will not suspend defensive lineman Da'Shawn Hand following his arrest for driving under the influence over the weekend, so long as he completes certain requirements such as community service and police ride-alongs.

Saban said Hand was placed in 48-hour inpatient treatment for alcohol, and the team will continue to monitor his progress. Hand was at practice for the first day of preseason camp Thursday.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama coach Nick Saban said Thursday he will not suspend defensive lineman Da'Shawn Hand following his arrest for driving under the influence over the weekend, so long as he completes certain requirements such as community service and police ride-alongs.
Iago-Quote-Surprise.png

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Danny Ocho

You going to back out on the avi bet? I called out your program saying he won't be suspended but you won't accept. It's alright to admit your star players get away with shit that regular people get far worse punishment for. But it's alright because it's just his first offense right?
You may win the bet, but I kinda believe thst he should be at least suspended for half a game.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game week one, did anyone really expect disciplinary action like suspension with an All-American?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban really laid down the law and showed Hand who the boss is. :pound:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban said Hand was placed in 48-hour inpatient treatment for alcohol, and the team will continue to monitor his progress. Hand was at practice for the first day of preseason camp Thursday.
I have zero problem with no suspension. The kid needs some education but that is about all.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is going to beat their fucking ass into submission so who really cares about this shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban does the right thing, no surprise to me.