• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that if you get in trouble with the law at Alabama you don't have to worry about losing playing time. That probably leads to the amount of players who get in trouble. It's just common sense.

So let me see if I understand this right.

These guys are like thinking - "Well I might have had a little bit to drink, but I know I'll still get to play in that game even if I get caught, so I'm going to drive anyway".

Do you actually read what you write?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that someone who claims to have served in the military thinks conditioning isn't punishment.

Conditioning- Running , up n downs, thrusts, the course, Mnt Mother fucker ,gets you prepared for your job
Punishment- you don't get to go on leave this weekend like all your buddies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or when they had two players dead to rights on a weapons related crime and dismissed the charges because they didn't grow up with air conditioning.

We are told the law should entirely handle it and there should be zero further actions by the school or team and we already have examples here, and other schools, of what appears to be special treatment for athletes in that legal system that should be the final word.

It's absurd.

What I find funny is that people think "suspended from games" is somehow the magically the cure all fix to problems. All other internal punishments - all bullshit right? But suspend for a single game? Oh that's really going to bring about change.

Have any of you actually taken a look at the results?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conditioning- Running , up n downs, thrusts, the course, Mnt Mother fucker ,gets you prepared for your job
Punishment- you don't get to go on leave this weekend like all your buddies.

You don't even know what internal punishments are given. All of that could have been given and more for all you know.

Again, is it just coincidence that there is only 1 magic punishment solution according to some? Nope. In the end, that punishment is more about your enjoyment and nothing else. You want to see it and get amusment out of it. But you don't have the balls to admit it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find funny is that people think "suspended from games" is somehow the magically the cure all fix to problems. All other internal punishments - all bullshit right? But suspend for a single game? Oh that's really going to bring about change.

You mean all the players who get in trouble at Alabama since Sabans been there? lol. Yeah hard to miss.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean all the players who get in trouble at Alabama since Sabans been there? lol. Yeah hard to miss.

If USC moved all it's players to Alabama tommorow, you'd have triple the arrests within a week.

I've actually lived in both California and Alabama, you're an idiot.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even know what internal punishments are given. All of that could have been given and more for all you know.

Again, is it just coincidence that there is only 1 magic punishment solution according to some? Nope. In the end, that punishment is more about your enjoyment and nothing else. You want to see it and get amusment out of it. But you don't have the balls to admit it.

It's the only thing that matters to the players, you could give them almost anything and they would take it over not playing and to idiot fans like you who only care about wins.
I'm done arguing about this with you.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If USC moved all it's players to Alabama tommorow, you'd have triple the arrests within a week.

I've actually lived in both California and Alabama, you're an idiot.

We have TMZ at every club here. If a USC player gets in trouble or arrested its national news. But nice try.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only thing that matters to the players, you could give them almost anything and they would take it over not playing and to idiot fans like you who only care about wins.

So now you know what matters to the players? Seriously? You think football is all that matters and motivates them, and every football player across the country is the same?

I think the coaches have a better idea of what really matters and motivates the players.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So where did anyone say only suspensions should be applied to every situation? This is more strawman bullshit jumping well past what was actually said.

The severity of the situation matters. DUI is one of those crimes that impacts way too many people and is a major problem among many young communities including around college campuses. It's one of those crimes that requires public outcry and an absolute zero tolerance.

When ASJ had a DUI for UW under Sark, I was one loudly calling for at least a 3 game suspension and he was for sure a more important overall piece to that team than any starting defensive lineman at Bama. His was a little worse in that he ran his car into a ditch and injured himself and I have not heard that in this case, but I see no reason for a DUI for any D1 college football player to incur anything less than a 1 game suspension even under the lowest example of it.

These are privileged people. They have a lot of benefits the rest of the student body doesn't have. They have historically also very often received less than the same penalty in the courts that typical students would get because of their status.

No one is suggesting throwing them out of school. They are very public figures that represent their university. Image matters and at least the appearance of being tough on crime should be the minimum standard.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where did anyone say only suspensions should be applied to every situation? This is more strawman bullshit jumping well past what was actually said.

The severity of the situation matters. DUI is one of those crimes that impacts way too many people and is a major problem among many young communities including around college campuses. It's one of those crimes that requires public outcry and an absolute zero tolerance.

When ASJ had a DUI for UW under Sark, I was one loudly calling for at least a 3 game suspension and he was for sure a more important overall piece to that team than any starting defensive lineman at Bama. His was a little worse in that he ran his car into a ditch and injured himself and I have not heard that in this case, but I see no reason for a DUI for any D1 college football player to incur anything less than a 1 game suspension even under the lowest example of it.

These are privileged people. They have a lot of benefits the rest of the student body doesn't have. They have historically also very often received less than the same penalty in the courts that typical students would get because of their status.

No one is suggesting throwing them out of school. They are very public figures that represent their university. Image matters and at least the appearance of being tough on crime should be the minimum standard.

Oh, so when a post is replied to, you do in fact think the response is in relation to the post quoted. Interesting.

So you're stupid even when it comes to your own team, good for you. What a tall horse you have sir.

Yes, they have talents and they get special priveldges. If they weren't good at football, they wouldn't be on the team to start with. If they aren't one of the better players on the team, they might get kicked off for something a better player wouldn't. Because it's a matter of weighing the pro's and con's.

That's life and it should be that way despite what bullshit someone's momma told them when they were young.

But you are pulling "historically" out of your ass. I got busted for weed in Alabama. I got much less punishment than our players get. I paid some money, pleaded guilty to just "paraphilia" and the possession charge was dropped. My entire punishment was a $1000 fine. No probation, no community service, nothing else. I did not fake being an Alabama player for this "special" treatment.

Oh yeah that's right, your players don't even have to worry about that shit. Oh and you don't have a police department that thinks it's the fucking devil and needs to be erradicated. Or all the other extra shit that goes a long with that.

In the case of a DUI, well he'll just have to own that. I got no love for drunk drivers, I wish the state was much more harsh on them. But overall, your players would probably get in even more trouble than our players if they lived in Alabama.

Hell, I can't believe this is the only trouble we've had this year. Doing pretty good if you ask me.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as if Mr. Hand just arrived on campus for the first year. He's had like 3 or 4 years of guidance from Nick on what it is to be a good student athlete at UA.

Mr. Hand will be 22 years of age in November. If Mr. Hand played in the NFL he would be suspended. But, since Mr. Hand plays for Nick at UA, it will just be handled internally with no time missed on the field.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TMZ arrests people?

Are you trying to act stupid or are you actually stupid? Did I say TMZ arrested people? I said they are at every club here so if something happens with a USC player its news. Just like Marc Tyler years ago who was of age and wasn't driving and wasn't arrested but was drunk and said some stupid shit trying to be funny. He was actually suspended for being drunk and saying stuff and Alabamas players are caught with drugs , weapons , DUIs, domestic violence and play on. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you know what matters to the players? Seriously? You think football is all that matters and motivates them, and every football player across the country is the same?

I think the coaches have a better idea of what really matters and motivates the players.

Saban seems to think his are all the same. They get arrested and he knows missing game time isn't what any of them need . How convenient.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to act stupid or are you actually stupid? Did I say TMZ arrested people? I said they are at every club here so if something happens with a USC player its news. Just like Marc Tyler years ago who was of age and wasn't driving and wasn't arrested but was drunk and said some stupid shit trying to be funny. He was actually suspended for being drunk and saying stuff and Alabamas players are caught with drugs , weapons , DUIs, domestic violence and play on. lol

It's called sarcasm.

Do you think it's not news if Alabama players get arrested or something?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet post three more times. Not a man of your word huh?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban seems to think his are all the same. They get arrested and he knows missing game time isn't what any of them need . How convenient.

Maybe it's just a shitty form of punishment that doesn't accomplish much.