• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you CONTINUE to overlook -- scholarship athletes aren't regular college students. They represent the school on and off the field. If you don't want to be held to the higher standard, start paying for school out of pocket and quit playing football. Then you can get all the DUI's you'd like.

Then that is something for Alabama to worry about, not you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you had other people in charge of you who had to answer for your behavior , were on a scholarship where you are to behave up to certain standards , had a job which said you couldn't have a record , had a job where you're licence could be taken away then you would have had more. If you're just some guy on the street or like me self employed then yeah that's all you get. It dosn't mean you'll never commit a crime again or you will go on to do more it's about the consequences for that action.
Yesterday a girls little league team got thrown out of their final championship game because they took a photo flipping off the last team they beat. Consequences. Do they think none of those girls will ever do something wrong again? No of course not. But they decided t do something and they payed the price. They got more than a Alabama football player who gets a DUI.

The first time I got in trouble I was in the miltitary and my CO did everything in his power to get me in the least amount of trouble, rather than add additional punishment. Including - if needed - moving my case from civilian courts to military courts.

I ended up getting a diversion, paid some cash and it was off my record.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, bandwagon has said that at least a dozen times. Why on earth is it necessary to repost it? He firmly doesn't believe it is an effective punishment and has chided others for not accepting it is just his opinion. I can't wrap my brain around how anyone would think a D1 major player isn't seriously impacted by not playing. It doesn't make any sense and that's my opinion.

It's a matter of the purpose of punishment.

It's like when people try to compare their kids with it. Do you punish your kid for vengence, or do you do it to teach a lesson?

All I've seen thus far is people wanting to punish for vengence, and that is worthless.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time I got in trouble I was in the miltitary and my CO did everything in his power to get me in the least amount of trouble, rather than add additional punishment. Including - if needed - moving my case from civilian courts to military courts.

This should be PL rather than CO, but everything else is accurate.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not required in Alabama or Louisiana.

It's only required for concealed carry.

Gun laws in Louisiana - Wikipedia

Gun laws in Alabama - Wikipedia

giphy.gif

But I get it - most people think it should be illegal for a black guy under the age of 30 to carry a gun.
Way to prove you are grasping at straws by playing the racist card. I have no clue who the player was let alone what he looks like.

And what your feelings are on weed doesn't really matter. Does not change the fact that it is illegal. If I thought driving 180 miles an hour in a school zone should be legal, doesn't make it ok.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to prove you are grasping at straws by playing the racist card. I have no clue who the player was let alone what he looks like.

And what your feelings are on weed doesn't really matter. Does not change the fact that it is illegal. If I thought driving 180 miles an hour in a school zone should be legal, doesn't make it ok.

You are the one who seems to think someone owning a gun is a crime.

And my opinion on weed doesn't make it legal, you are correct. But if you think I'm going to get upset about it, then you've got another thing coming.

And it's funny how you claim I'm grasping at straws and then turn around and compare weed to driving 180 miles an hour in a school zone, obviously putting many people in danger.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a matter of the purpose of punishment.

It's like when people try to compare their kids with it. Do you punish your kid for vengence, or do you do it to teach a lesson?

All I've seen thus far is people wanting to punish for vengence, and that is worthless.

They are more likely to not learn the lesson if there are no consequences.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are more likely to not learn the lesson if there are no consequences.

Yeah, but if you beat them for an extra hour everytime they fuck up, then surely that's going to be more effective right?

If you aren't leaving marks, you aren't trying to correct them enough right? Because obviously, hitting them hard enough to leave marks = better punishment.

Or, does it turn out that the most extreme punishment isn't always needed?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if you beat them for an extra hour everytime they fuck up, then surely that's going to be more effective right?

If you aren't leaving marks, you aren't trying to correct them enough right? Because obviously, hitting them hard enough to leave marks = better punishment.

Or, does it turn out that the most extreme punishment isn't always needed?

Are you serious? Who the hell is talking about beating a kid? Consequences doesn't mean beating.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Who the hell is talking about beating a kid? Consequences doesn't mean beating.

But I thought you were indicating only the most extreme punishments had value and anything else is in effective and just a slap on the wrist.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My chief did the same. He was a former Marine that served 2 tours in Vietnam. When anyone in my department would get into trouble that was not a dirt-bag he would put on his dress blues with his purple heart and go to court with them. You dont hammer someone if you see potential.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought you were indicating only the most extreme punishments had value and anything else is in effective and just a slap on the wrist.

I never wrote or used the word extreme punishment and never said they only had value. Making up shit again.
Do you not understand the word Consequences? What ever someone does the consequence goes up depending on the severity. Most teams you are late for a practice or miss a meeting you might have to stay after practice in some cases you might miss the first series or quarter. Those are consequences. So if my kid wouldn't do his homework he wasn't allowed to go play with his friends. If he was in danger of failing a class he might not get to play his game that week. Were do you get beating a kid more? From that?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My chief did the same. He was a former Marine that served 2 tours in Vietnam. When anyone in my department would get into trouble that was not a dirt-bag he would put on his dress blues with his purple heart and go to court with them. You dont hammer someone if you see potential.

Yeah, taking care of those under them is what they do, and the good ones will do everything they can. I see coaches as being the same way.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban Meyer suspended Michael Hill for the game against Indiana a few hours ago. Does he see him as a dirtbag ? Someone with no potential? Or is he paying for something he did?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wrote or used the word extreme punishment and never said they only had value. Making up shit again.
Do you not understand the word Consequences? What ever someone does the consequence goes up depending on the severity. Most teams you are late for a practice or miss a meeting you might have to stay after practice in some cases you might miss the first series or quarter. Those are consequences. So if my kid wouldn't do his homework he wasn't allowed to go play with his friends. If he was in danger of failing a class he might not get to play his game that week. Were do you get beating a kid more? From that?

All the other punishments Saban gives this kid is ineffective and a slap on the wrist and only game suspension is punishment according to you.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the other punishments Saban gives this kid is ineffective and a slap on the wrist and only game suspension is punishment according to you.

Its the only meaningful one for a student whos there to play football. I'm not saying every infraction deserves missing game time. A J walking ticket a speeding ticket , late for class, late for a meeting. You can have them do more at practice for that . But stealing, drunk in public or DUi, any violence arrest, drug arrest or drug test failure. Dont they suspend players for semesters if they dont keep their grades up? Is that too harsh?

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AND

Yeah, taking care of those under them is what they do, and the good ones will do everything they can. I see coaches as being the same way.

Our Senior Chief was really old school too. Did not believe in paperwork but was more than willing to go to Machinery 1, lower level at any time. He had large, cherry picking hands. One day he grabbed me by the face, pulled me to him and said, "I am doing my best to not kill you right now". I still believe him. BTW never mess with a hungover E8 during refit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the only meaningful one for a student whos there to play football. I'm not saying every infraction deserves missing game time. A J walking ticket a speeding ticket , late for class, late for a meeting. But stealing, drunk in public or DUi, any violence arrest, drug arrest or drug test failure. Dont they suspend players for semesters if they dont keep their grades up? Is that too harsh?

How can you pretend to know what is the only thing meaningful to a student?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my other punishment i detailed where they take substance abuse classes and go to al-anon meetings does. You like to twist, yet you know all I detailed in one post of how I would handle this. Keep spinning, but my words are there for all to read, showing you as moving the bar to suit your argument.

Apparently you dont read and comprehend well. I stated already i dont care if Saban suspends a kid, yet you ask why cant both be done. They both can, I personally dont think missing a game is much of a punishment though. Showing them what they could end up like without change by substance abuse classes, al-anon meetings, possibly visiting half way houses for drug offenders and abusers. These show them how the path they choose is a road taken often with bad results. So do both, or dont. I just think one way isnt much of anything more than a slap on the wrist.

Hmmm

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did post this
"But then again, you're the "bigger man"" Sounds like you are saying I think this and have said it.
Yes I posted it on a message board because i want you to see how ridiculous you and others are being over an "opinion" I hold.

And note I have never stated missing a game is not a punishment that I know of. I stated its a slap on the wrist in my opinion and does not work towards the root of the issue why the bad decision was made.

I'm not trying to say nor have I ever said I'm the bigger man. You are the one that brought it up, on a message board BAHAHAHA.

As for your next paragraph, yeah ya actually did. An that's the whole cot damn reason I'm still here. Hence this long thread.