• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4D20 has been saying that the police punishment should be the only punishment to be levied for whatever bullshit reason he wants to make up to make Saban look good.

I have not seen that at all. He is just saying that suspension should not be automatic. In fact we both have said that if Coach Saban suspends him we are ok with that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong on so many levels, but you knew this when you posted it.

It's what you guys have said. Suspension from a game doesn't do anything. So why suspend a player for DUI or domestic abuse or getting caught with drugs or failing drug tests. Him not playing isn't teaching him anything ( because Saban says so). The player doing extra conditioning and picking up trash and then playing in the game just like all the other players who didnt get arrested . That teaches him consequences.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen that at all. He is just saying that suspension should not be automatic. In fact we both have said that if Coach Saban suspends him we are ok with that.
Possession of an unlicensed weapon, possession of drugs, failed drug tests, assaults, DUI's are all offenses that 4D20 has fought that suspensions are not warranted for. So would being accused of murder be the only thing that would warrant a suspension or does that depend on whether or not they are a starter?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was younger I drank, I am talking 16, 17 aged, not legal aged. My dad found out and he blew up, took my car, wore my ass out, restricted me to the house. Came home one afternoon two weeks later to me passed out in the living room with a bottle of booze by my head. He got smart and realized I was not defying him, I had issues I needed to deal with. One year later, alcohol abuse classes and counseling sessions behind me, I was no longer drinking and had gotten bottled up anger at my parents out in the open. This is when I decided that attacking a person by throwing punishments, without knowing why they did it, was a useless endeavor. I never punished my kids without asking why they did something (once they got to reasoning age anyway) and then I dealt punishments based on the crime and the child. I grew some understanding at an early age that punishment can come in many forms and sometimes, it doesnt have to be a loss of something that helps the most.

And I'm quite sure on top of counseling and classes, your car was still taken away and you were restricted to the house sans the counseling.

My question is -- did you go to the same two day alcohol treatment center as Hand? I'm curious, other than getting rid of a hangover, what two days would accomplish?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possession of an unlicensed weapon, possession of drugs, failed drug tests, assaults, DUI's are all offenses that 4D20 has fought that suspensions are not warranted for. So would being accused of murder be the only thing that would warrant a suspension or does that depend on whether or not they are a starter?

They'd learn nothing being suspended for murder. They would be forced to watch Ride Along and Ride Along 2 and write a book report on a Agatha Christie novel. That will teach them never to do that again. :behindsofa:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for continuing to not understand the difference between your response and the other tide fans. But then again, you're the "bigger man" ROFLMAO
Yep, I have stated repeatedly i am the bigger man, its in every post, isnt it? Perhaps you can post the one that stands out the most to you where I stated it.

Talk about not understanding, you are the poster child for not understanding.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is no different than raising a kid, except those kids are grown men. If you want to get a point across, you don't enable them by giving them a slap on the wrist.

You take away what is most important to them. For my kid -- right now it is batman action figures. If he acts up and I give him a time out. He will act up an hour later doing the same thing he was just punished for. If he acts up and I take away his batman action figures for an hour and tell him if it happens again, they are gone for good. It doesn't happen again

Same principles in CFB -- if you get arrested, ESPECIALLY for a DUI (or some sort of assault), it should be an automatic suspension. Take away what is most important to them. Let them know if it happens again, they are kicked off the team.

'Community service', ride alongs, etc mean nothing to these kids. It teaches them nothing. Suspending them takes away what is most important to them and they let down the other thing that is most important to them (their teammates).

I have 4 kids ages 24-17, a 3 year old grandson and a granddaughter that will be here in less than 2 months and you have a TON to learn.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4D20 has been saying that the police punishment should be the only punishment to be levied for whatever bullshit reason he wants to make up to make Saban look good.

If you are going to pretend to speak for me, at least get it right.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what you guys have said. Suspension from a game doesn't do anything. So why suspend a player for DUI or domestic abuse or getting caught with drugs or failing drug tests. Him not playing isn't teaching him anything ( because Saban says so). The player doing extra conditioning and picking up trash and then playing in the game just like all the other players who didnt get arrested . That teaches him consequences.
First off, I have never said suspension doesnt do anything. What I did say is I liken it to a slap on the wrist.
Secondly, no one has said Saban says anything, so you are either lying or making shit up. You can decide.
And no one is calling for picking up trash, this is a concoction of weak minds trying to skew what was actually said.

I am a proponent of punishments that teach a lesson and actually get to the root cause. Drinking and driving is a serious offense. Does suspending him for a game deal with why he chose to do so? Or does it just allow him to miss a game without finding out why he chose to make a poor decision? See, i am all about helping the kids to learn a lesson, but not finding out why he chose to make a poor decision is not getting to the root cause, its simply punishment for punishments sake. Root causes are how I dealt with my kids and how i deal with my employee's daily, and I rarely have a repeat offender, ever.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I have never said suspension doesnt do anything. What I did say is I liken it to a slap on the wrist.
Secondly, no one has said Saban says anything, so you are either lying or making shit up. You can decide.
And no one is calling for picking up trash, this is a concoction of weak minds trying to skew what was actually said.

I am a proponent of punishments that teach a lesson and actually get to the root cause. Drinking and driving is a serious offense. Does suspending him for a game deal with why he chose to do so? Or does it just allow him to miss a game without finding out why he chose to make a poor decision? See, i am all about helping the kids to learn a lesson, but not finding out why he chose to make a poor decision is not getting to the root cause, its simply punishment for punishments sake. Root causes are how I dealt with my kids and how i deal with my employee's daily, and I rarely have a repeat offender, ever.

Not playing is a slap on the wrist. yeah OK. It sounds like it's a death sentence the way you guys are so against it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm quite sure on top of counseling and classes, your car was still taken away and you were restricted to the house sans the counseling.

My question is -- did you go to the same two day alcohol treatment center as Hand? I'm curious, other than getting rid of a hangover, what two days would accomplish?
And you would be wrong. I stated one year in my post and thats how long my classes were and how long my counseling sessions were. I went to classes twice a week for two hours each time, and counseling was once a week for a year. All at the expense of my parents pocket books. And my father has said many times it was the best money he ever spent as it stopped what could have been a catastrophic situation from happening.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not playing is a slap on the wrist. yeah OK. It sounds like it's a death sentence the way you guys are so against it.

To some kids it would be if that is the only punishment they receive. I have stated many times in this thread I have no objection to Saban suspending a player as long as he is punishing them in ways that deal with the underlying reason for the incident. Since punishments and disciplinary actions are part of a confidentiality clause that is a state law, not sure how you think you know all punishments dealt out by the University anyway, other than the public ones like Suspensions, termination of scholarships.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guns are not illegal, they are a basic right protected by the Constitution.
Weed shouldn't be illegal.

So you are correct, I do not get upset about things I myself enjoy on a daily basis - legally.

No clue what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to assaults. The last time I remember assaults happening was with the skittles 4, and they were all rightfully kicked out of school - despite like 2 or 3 of them being 5 stars.

And if Saban wants to suspend them, I'm fine with that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I have stated repeatedly i am the bigger man, its in every post, isnt it? Perhaps you can post the one that stands out the most to you where I stated it.

Talk about not understanding, you are the poster child for not understanding.

When did I say you repeatedly said you are the bigger man?? I'm just giving you shit because you actually said it on a message board.

An also stating missing a game isn't punishment. LMAO

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say you repeatedly said you are the bigger man?? I'm just giving you shit because you actually said it on a message board.

An also stating missing a game isn't punishment. LMAO

You did post this
"But then again, you're the "bigger man"" Sounds like you are saying I think this and have said it.
Yes I posted it on a message board because i want you to see how ridiculous you and others are being over an "opinion" I hold.

And note I have never stated missing a game is not a punishment that I know of. I stated its a slap on the wrist in my opinion and does not work towards the root of the issue why the bad decision was made.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you would be wrong. I stated one year in my post and thats how long my classes were and how long my counseling sessions were. I went to classes twice a week for two hours each time, and counseling was once a week for a year. All at the expense of my parents pocket books. And my father has said many times it was the best money he ever spent as it stopped what could have been a catastrophic situation from happening.

And if Saban had put him into extensive counseling and classes -- I'd be much more understanding. Hand spent two days -- I've had hangovers last longer than his alcohol treatment. :suds: That is a joke, not a solution to a problem or making someone accountable.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Saban had put him into extensive counseling and classes -- I'd be much more understanding. Hand spent two days -- I've had hangovers last longer than his alcohol treatment. :suds: That is a joke, not a solution to a problem or making someone accountable.
How do you know he didnt do more? You think what happens behind the scenes is public knowledge? Just read articles on Alphonse Taylor talking about Saban and his discipline of players, you will see its all inhouse, no one talks about what he does. Its not even legal to do so due to confidentiality clauses the state has created for students safety.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 4 kids ages 24-17, a 3 year old grandson and a granddaughter that will be here in less than 2 months and you have a TON to learn.

I have no doubt i have a ton to learn as a parent. As someone who played football, not only in high school, like many on here, but in college -- there is no bigger punishment you can receive that will act as a future deterrent (other than being kicked off the team), than suspending a player. You are not only letting yourself down with your actions, but the entire team, who you consider your family.

'Community service', 'Ride Alongs', two day alcohol treatment are nothing more than sugar coating a slap on the wrist.

1. Community service, especially when it isn't court ordered can be anything or absolutely nothing. Bama could hold a football camp and make Hand work it and that is considered 'community service'.

2. Ride Alongs, once again, are absolutely pointless. I've went on multiple ride alongs, as I have a brother and a brother in law who are cops. They are fun, not educational or life changing. They aren't allowed to bring you to dangerous runs like you see in the movies or TV shows. It is writing speeding tickets and driving around suburbs.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I am going to assume that you are either trolling or just mad at Coach Saban. More than likely you are just jealous of the success he has had. The reason I say this is that you can/will NOT state my position correctly. Until you can do that, I will quit feeding the troll.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guns are not illegal, they are a basic right protected by the Constitution.
Weed shouldn't be illegal.

So you are correct, I do not get upset about things I myself enjoy on a daily basis - legally.

No clue what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to assaults. The last time I remember assaults happening was with the skittles 4, and they were all rightfully kicked out of school - despite like 2 or 3 of them being 5 stars.

And if Saban wants to suspend them, I'm fine with that.
Having an UNLICENSED gun is illegal. Driving a car isn't illegal so there should be no punishment for driving a car without a driver's license?