• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama only loses 2 early enrolls to the NFL draft.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think parity is the main reason the NFL is the king. I just don't like watching the same movie over and over again.

I don't watch much NFL.

Kind of think it sucks to be honest. Teams getting barely better than .500 records going to the playoffs and every game doesn't mean very much. They had to move divisional teams to the end of the year just to try and keep teams playing their star players the final weeks because of how meaningless some games actually are.

The NFL is popular because of fantasy football.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch much NFL.

Kind of think it sucks to be honest. Teams getting barely better than .500 records going to the playoffs and every game doesn't mean very much. They had to move divisional teams to the end of the year just to try and keep teams playing their star players the final weeks because of how meaningless some games actually are.

They've definitely taken a step back over the last 5 years or so with the new rules. The NFL was already a giant before fantasy football though. But I agree fantasy football is what keeps people interested in the games that don't mean much. Honestly. All forms of football mostly suck now because of rules. But College is definitely the best. I think about 75% of the Hoop agrees. Kind of easy to see when the College board stays popular, while the NFL board is dead as fuck during the week sometimes.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch much NFL.

The nfl isn't popular to you because your state doesn't have a team. I'll bet you don't watch much nba either. It's also not true that losing a game doesn't matter. Getting a bye and/or homefield advantage means a lot. As for .500 teams getting in, you just have to accept it for what it is.. two good teams eventually get to the super bowl and play... just like everything else, the best team doesn't always get there and/or win.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A'Shawn and Henry declared early.

Anderson, Allen, Foster, Howard, Tomlinson and Williams are all coming back. 5 of those are from our front 7.

Alabama going back to back.
If this whole "we want to stay in school to win championships" thing becomes trendy at BAMA, we are all fucked. It has been like the only equalizer to their recruiting process.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nfl isn't popular to you because your state doesn't have a team. I'll bet you don't watch much nba either. It's also not true that losing a game doesn't matter. Getting a bye and/or homefield advantage means a lot. As for .500 teams getting in, you just have to accept it for what it is.. two good teams eventually get to the super bowl and play... just like everything else, the best team doesn't always get there and/or win.

You know, you probably wouldn't be near as dumb as you are if you quit assuming things about other people.

How many teams are left in the NFL playoffs right now? 1 of them is 30 minutes from me.

I've lived within 30 minutes of an NFL team(sometimes multiple NFL teams) for the past 20 years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this whole "we want to stay in school to win championships" thing becomes trendy at BAMA, we are all fucked. It has been like the only equalizer to their recruiting process.

I'm planning on enjoying it while it lasts.

This is a golden age for Alabama football and that fact is not lost on me.

Last edited:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you wouldn't probably wouldn't be near as dumb as you are if you quit assuming things about other people.

How many teams are left in the NFL playoffs right now? 1 of them is 30 minutes from me.

and I'm dumb?? It's an Fing anonymous message board.. all you can do is assume things about other people!! I have no idea where you live and I don't see a little icon w/an nfl team. The only thing I do know about you is that you're an insecure asshole. Good luck with that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm dumb?? It's an Fing anonymous message board.. all you can do is assume things about other people!! I have no idea where you live and I don't see a little icon w/an nfl team. The only thing I do know about you is that you're an insecure asshole. Good luck with that.

Damn, it took you 10 minutes to type those few sentences?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it took you 10 minutes to type those few sentences?

Great reply... Just about what I expected from the idiot that thinks fantasy football made the nfl popular.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great reply... Just about what I expected from the idiot that thinks fantasy football made the nfl popular.

Fantasy's impact on football is very real

Pro football was the nation's most popular sport -- and the highest-grossing -- long before there was a fantasy version. But it wouldn't be nearly as popular or financially successful without it.

Roger Goodell touts growing impact of fantasy football

"Even if your team isn't playing well, meaning the Giants as an example of your teams, you're still following your fantasy league or you're following the Red Zone or your mobile device," Goodell said. "So it has created more interest for a longer period of time."

How Fantasy Football Has Transformed NFL

Over the past decade the popularity of the NFL has exploded. According to NFL.com, a Harris Poll last October said that 59 percent of Americans follow the NFL. This is up by more than 10 percentage points from the 47 percent who said they followed the NFL 10 years ago.

Not surprisingly, fantasy football has also seen tremendous growth over that time.

etc

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL was WAY more popular than CFB long before fantasy football came around... I think it's even been more popular than baseball for some time now.

I didn't say it wasn't more popular than college football. I attributed the current day popularity of the sport to fantasy football. Even among those who would have picked the NFL as their favorite sport 10 years ago, there is a HUGE difference in their general interest level in the NFL and that can be directly attributed to fantasy football. Which is what those articles point out.

Between the 2, only college football is a sport.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is seemingly in the exact same spot Ohio State was in a year ago in regards to the upcoming season. Shit ton of talent, not losing much, boatload of underclassmen stars coming back. We'll see if they make it happen.
Yes! I like it

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People assume it means something by "your state doesn't have an NFL team that's why college ball is so popular"...

Is there some sort of giant wall around the state that keeps me from driving to an NFL game? Hell I'm closer to Atlanta than I am Tuscaloosa lol. Being in Alabama doesn't stop me from being a bears fan, and catching a game every now and then when they come down to new Orleans or Atlanta.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People assume it means something by "your state doesn't have an NFL team that's why college ball is so popular"...

Is there some sort of giant wall around the state that keeps me from driving to an NFL game? Hell I'm closer to Atlanta than I am Tuscaloosa lol. Being in Alabama doesn't stop me from being a bears fan, and catching a game every now and then when they come down to new Orleans or Atlanta.

But you have to admit, it's a hell of a lot easier these days. Growing up, we had 4 channels and no espn. You had to wait to get the paper if you wanted scores. Kind of hard to be a fan of a team you don't know anything about.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it wasn't more popular than college football. I attributed the current day popularity of the sport to fantasy football. Even among those who would have picked the NFL as their favorite sport 10 years ago, there is a HUGE difference in their general interest level in the NFL and that can be directly attributed to fantasy football. Which is what those articles point out.

Between the 2, only college football is a sport.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.. but if you're saying CFB is more interesting/fun to watch, I agree. I still like the nfl because the players are just so much bigger and faster, but it really was more fun before free agency/money ruined it. I just hope money doesn't ruin CFB as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason they won this year, they weren't thinking about the NFL Draft.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.. but if you're saying CFB is more interesting/fun to watch, I agree. I still like the nfl because the players are just so much bigger and faster, but it really was more fun before free agency/money ruined it. I just hope money doesn't ruin CFB as well.

I mean the NFL is officially not a sport, it's entertainment. Look it up.

For reference, the WWE is also not a sport, it's entertainment.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the NFL is officially not a sport, it's entertainment. Look it up.

For reference, the WWE is also not a sport, it's entertainment.

They may claim that it's entertainment for legal reasons, but there's no way it's in the same category as the WWE.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like LSU may only lose one....