• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mathematical fact that more conference games mean more losses within said conference. That isn't disputable ... it's a fvkn fact.

I think the Sun Belt could provide you some alternative facts...or hell, there are some years where the PAC-12 has tried to disprove your theory on their own.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mathematical fact that more conference games mean more losses within said conference. That isn't disputable ... it's a fvkn fact.
And if you replace a 3-9 FCS opponent with a 7-5 in conference game and add one loss to the three opponents, what do you think that would do to the SoS ?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sun Belt could provide you some alternative facts...or hell, there are some years where the PAC-12 has tried to disprove your theory on their own.
Here's two conferences. Conference Xray plays a 5 game conference schedule. Conference Zulu plays a 4 game conference schedule. Which conference is going to suffer more conference losses?

Conference Xray
Team Alpha
Team Beta
Team Charlie
Team Delta
Team Echo
Team Foxtrot

Conference Zulu
Team Golf
Team Hotel
Team India
Team Juliet
Team Kilo
Team Hotel

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you replace a 3-9 FCS opponent with a 7-5 in conference game and add one loss to the three opponents, what do you think that would do to the SoS ?
When you play a team with more losses your SOS drops. The NCAA formula goes by win losses. More conference games means more losses within said conference. That sh1t isn't debatable. It's basic fvcking math that anyone with a 3rd grade education or higher should be able to figure out within seconds. Again it's basic math.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bullshit. Seven extra SEC wins sku towards the West as these would all be cross division games. The loss of a FCS win is negligible to SOS and the offset of extra SEC West wins would have put us higher.

The only time Oklahoma state was ahead of us in the BCS was when they were unbeaten and we had one loss.

Had we beaten Kentucky it would have been a wash...had we beaten South Carolina or Georgia it would have been a HUGE boost.

Again, your whole scenario is based on us losing the extra game...otherwise we club Oklahoma Lite like a baby seal in the BCS formula.

Saying Saban pushed them over the edge is slight disengenuous...Ok lite was 5th in the Harris Poll and 3rd in the AP and the Coaches Poll. Saban didn't even make the difference in the Coaches Poll let alone the BCS.
The BCS formula is just one example. It translates into the current system as well.This is where you are missing the point tho. You are looking at it as tho it pertains to one team.=

When in actuality the effect is on the entire conference.Thats where conference losses plays a major role.When you subtract the extra OOC win which would be a mid major or FCS team.The extra conference games translate into a portion of the conferences teams dropping in the ranks. And lowering SOS. Its a ripple effect that spans much further than one team

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS formula is just one example. It translates into the current system as well.This is where you are missing the point tho. You are looking at it as tho it pertains to one team.=

When in actuality the effect is on the entire conference.Thats where conference losses plays a major role.When you subtract the extra OOC win which would be a mid major or FCS team.The extra conference games translate into a portion of the conferences teams dropping in the ranks. And lowering SOS. Its a ripple effect that spans much further than one team
The BCS never once did try and explain their formula ... same goes with this bs playoff committee. When you explain a formula that doesn't actually exist it means you can't rig the system.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you play a team with more losses your SOS drops. The NCAA formula goes by win losses. More conference games means more losses within said conference. That sh1t isn't debatable. It's basic fvcking math that anyone with a 3rd grade education or higher should be able to figure out within seconds. Again it's basic math.
So here's some basic math, most SoS formulas give you a 0 score for playing an FCS team. So a horrible basic formula that does W/L of opponents, let's say they went 5-6 ( again no win for FCS) that equals out to .83. Now half of those teams go 6-6 with no FCS game and the other half goes 5-7 with the extra loss. That gives you a .85, basic math.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's some basic math, most SoS formulas give you a 0 score for playing an FCS team. So a horrible basic formula that does W/L of opponents, let's say they went 5-6 ( again no win for FCS) that equals out to .83. Now half of those teams go 6-6 with no FCS game and the other half goes 5-7 with the extra loss. That gives you a .85, basic math.
I could give two shits less about FCS teams. This is about 9 vs 8 game conference schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give two shits less about FCS teams. This is about 9 vs 8 game conference schedule.
I added the fucking 9 game conference schedule game you idiot. I turned the FCS game into a conference game and showed you the math that it could raise the SoS. You said it would be near impossible for the FCS game to be scheduled because they had their own conference games to deal with, which you are wrong about by the way. So tell me where my basic math is wrong.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS never once did try and explain their formula ... same goes with this bs playoff committee. When you explain a formula that doesn't actually exist it means you can't rig the system.
Yet all the explanations about how a rematch game can occur in a BCS championship game. Was SOS and the polls putting Alabama over. Including the coaches poll. Where saban voted Oklahoma State 4th behind Stanford. That whole system was flawed

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I added the fucking 9 game conference schedule game you idiot. I turned the FCS game into a conference game and showed you the math that it could raise the SoS. You said it would be near impossible for the FCS game to be scheduled because they had their own conference games to deal with, which you are wrong about by the way. So tell me where my basic math is wrong.
I never said anything of the like. I said scheduling late season OOC games is a major pain in the ass when you and your conference play a 9 game conference schedule.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet all the explanations about how a rematch game can occur in a BCS championship game. Was SOS and the polls putting Alabama over. Including the coaches poll. Where saban voted Oklahoma State 4th behind Stanford. That whole system was flawed
It's all about TV sets hence Ohio St. going in over Penn St. last season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's two conferences. Conference Xray plays a 5 game conference schedule. Conference Zulu plays a 4 game conference schedule. Which conference is going to suffer more conference losses?

Conference Xray
Team Alpha
Team Beta
Team Charlie
Team Delta
Team Echo
Team Foxtrot

Conference Zulu
Team Golf
Team Hotel
Team India
Team Juliet
Team Kilo
Team Hotel

Hey Math wizard...this is a completely different scenario.

Subbing 7 non-conference games for 7 conference games does not magically make you lose more game if you are a shitty conference.

The Sun Belt would actually have less losses if they subbed 7 conference games for 14 non-conference opponents...at least then they would get 7 wins.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already instituted a play off system because the BCS system was so flawed.And with the way everything played out last season.I'm expecting more revisions.Most likely in the selection process as well as play off expansion imo

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see them forced to play two P5 opponents than add another conference game. The last teams I saw schedule two FCS opponents were both in the ACC.
Sounds good to me. 10 P5s by all P5s would be good whether they play 8 or 9 conference games. After that, let 'em play two FCS teams if they want. They will anyway. Many P5 teams claim philanthropy as the reason they play FCS teams in the first place.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already instituted a play off system because the BCS system was so flawed.And with the way everything played out last season.I'm expecting more revisions.Most likely in the selection process as well as play off expansion imo

I agree. Clearly the Pac-12 and B1G had no business being in there. I vote for two ACC and two SEC.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me. 10 P5s by all P5s would be good whether they play 8 or 9 conference games. After that, let 'em play two FCS teams if they want. They will anyway. Many P5 teams claim philanthropy as the reason they play FCS teams in the first place.
Some PAC teams play one or two P5 OOC teams and one FCS team. Washington plays one P5, one G5 and one FCS team this season as far as OOC games go.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...so the TV networks colluded to bring you the Lowest rated BCS NC game in history...

images

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some PAC teams play one or two P5 OOC teams and one FCS team. Washington plays one P5, one G5 and one FCS team this season as far as OOC games go.

LOL, your P5 team is Rutgers, ours is Florida St. But it's all the same...fucktard.