• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama/Clemson/Washington/Penn State/all lose/what then

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee has already started priming the pump to exclude Whisky and PSU by placing them below UofM in the rankings. I can see and buy into they lost H2H against UofM and OSU.

PSU is really the only B1G school I could make the argument for as they beat OsU H2H and have 1 more win than OSU or UofM.

Yes, they are the only team. The problem is they are sitting at 7, that is a long way to jump and is near impossible at this point. If they wouldn't have gotten blown out by Michigan or just the one loss it would definitely be a different story, they have a great win but the committee just can't overlook everything else. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting stat I heard Mark Packer bring up on XM yesterday.

He used Wisconsin and Colorado as the examples. He questioned the committee's consistency/motives by pointing out that Wisconsin has one top 25 win (#21 LSU) and two top 25 losses (#2 OSU, #5 Michigan). Colorado has two top 25 wins (#18 Stanford, #20 Utah) and two top 25 losses (#5 Michigan, #11 USC)...and is the only other two loss team with two top 25 wins besides Michigan. By the committee's own current rankings, both Colorado's wins #18, #20 are better than Wisconsin's #21 LSU. He felt if they were rewarding good WINS, Colorado should be behind Michigan AT THIS POINT instead of WIsconsin. Wisconsin's losses were to #s 2 and 5, while Colorado's were to #s 5 an 11. His conclusion was they must be rewarding good losses more than good wins. But, he didn't feel like the losses were enough to knock out an additional win.

Found it interesting.

That is interesting. They also watch the games too. Wisconsin lost to Michigan by 7 but the game was close for 4 quarters. While Colorado was up on Michigan, they lost by 17. I am not sure how that USC game was played but USC is a hell of a lot better now than at the start of their winning streak (Colorado being the 2nd game). Then you have Wisconsin's other loss being against Ohio St which was in OT. I guess like you said they value great losses A LOT but they most likely look at the games and see how they play out. It is probably the reason Penn St is so far back, they got dominated by Michigan and lost to an inconsistent Pitt team.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting. They also watch the games too. Wisconsin lost to Michigan by 7 but the game was close for 4 quarters. While Colorado was up on Michigan, they lost by 17. I am not sure how that USC game was played but USC is a hell of a lot better now than at the start of their winning streak (Colorado being the 2nd game). Then you have Wisconsin's other loss being against Ohio St which was in OT. I guess like you said they value great losses A LOT but they most likely look at the games and see how they play out. It is probably the reason Penn St is so far back, they got dominated by Michigan and lost to an inconsistent Pitt team.
Could be. What I found interesting was Packer pointing out that by their own rankings, Colorado has better wins than Wisconsin...but they are very close. He seemed emphatic they should be rewarding that second top 25 win more.

What is hurting or helping teams is how some of their opponents turned out to be better or worse than what was originally thought. Michigan is benefitting greatly from Colorado being a hell of a lot better than originally thought.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but there is a very good chance Ohio state doesn't win conference championship game. If head to head wins don't matter. Is it alright if we just pencil Oklahoma in?

I'm good with it.
Lets go with that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Still Bama
2) OSU
3) Michigan
4) OU

I can't see Wisky making it in having lost to two other playoff teams. "champs" or not.

Could see Colorado getting the nod also.

At least this way you force the rematch of OSU/UM on a neutral field and the TV ratings are absurd and you get a matchup of blue bloods with a team that has the vertical passing to at least give bama pause.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why OU over Colorado? Their Losses would be better (Michigan/USC) and they would have better wins plus the one extra game win column.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't listen to the committee. I'm going to wait until the CFP comes out after the CCG's.

Well there is your first problem....If UW and Clemson win, the matchups are already set...you know you can turn the closed captioning on if you can't hear lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why OU over Colorado? Their Losses would be better (Michigan/USC) and they would have better wins plus the one extra game win column.

I can see a good argument for either. I think it would be one or the other and avoid completely tipping over the whole apple cart by puttting in 3 BIG teams. Just really hard to leave Michigan out in this scenario with them having beaten wisky and colorado

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the fairweather bandwagon Colorado fans who couldn't have cared less about their team until now.

:thumb:

Can't argue w/ that. The 6+ years I've lived here Folsom Field was pretty empty every home game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did you become a OSU fan in Colorado? Did you move there?

Yeah I live in Boulder. My oldest son graduated from CU & my youngest son currently goes to school there.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I live in Boulder. My oldest son graduated from CU & my youngest son currently goes to school there.

Interesting! Well at least the entire family was rooting against Michigan when they were playing the buffs!