• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol loser

He also said he wanted to get his relievers work going into the off days which is even more stupid. God forbid he gives his bullpen guys, all of which have been hurt this year at least once, a little extra rest.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't complain too much about 48-43 going into the ASB. Being in last sucks, but this season's AL East is an extreme outlier and they're only 2 games out of a playoff spot. Pitching staff is hurting right now though with various injuries. Some real positive developments this season with Duran/Yoshida/Bello, Casas has done a nice job adjusting after a rough April. The farm system is giving me a lot of hope, though they'll have to wait at least another year to see some of that talent at the major league level (Mayer, Drohan, Yorke, Rafaela, Hickey)
Don’t forget Roman Anthony. Just turned 19 and sporting a 1.300OPS at high-A ball. A promotion to AA seems inevitable. Probably the fastest climber in their system at the moment.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an O’s fan, I love Aaron Boone managing the Yanks, because he is easily the worst manager in the division, and it’s not really even close.

I also think that the way that the Yanks constructed their roster is problematic in general. Too many home-run-or-bust hitters, and the supporting players arent very good. Judge is a superstar, true, but even with Judge, the team made little to no upgrades from last season until now (Rodon might be good, but Severino looks done, and Cortes isnt as good as he was last year), and they werent good enough to win in the playoffs with everybody healthy.

Also, its hard to think of a player on their team that they developed recently into somebody better than what ghey were when they first got to the Yanks. That’s on the entire coaching staff, not just Boone.

Firing Boone and replacing him with a competent manager would be a start, but it would seem to me that what they need is an overhaul of their organizational philosophy, from soup to nuts.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old 7-3 put out for Sean Casey.

I did not think that was even a thing.

I don't feel so bad for having two consecutive 9-3 groundouts in youth baseball anymore.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarren Duran seems to be an almost perfect player for Fenway Park. He runs well enough to play center there and hits the ball off the monster enough to get lots of doubles. He could hit 60 in a season sometime.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarren Duran seems to be an almost perfect player for Fenway Park. He runs well enough to play center there and hits the ball off the monster enough to get lots of doubles. He could hit 60 in a season sometime.
He’s doing the Jacoby Ellsbury impersonation from 2007(and Johnny Damon before that). Somehow, Cora doesn’t view him as an everyday player, however. Cora has been particularly lousy this year overall.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s doing the Jacoby Ellsbury impersonation from 2007(and Johnny Damon before that). Somehow, Cora doesn’t view him as an everyday player, however. Cora has been particularly lousy this year overall.

Well, Cora watched Duran last year, when he was... uh... so-so? I think everyone is on board the Jarren train now...

They just need to give Duval at bats to up his trade value.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both great, but would you take either of them over Martinez or Maddux?
Maddux was an absolute master out there. He was amazing to watch and you can’t go wrong with him. For my money? I’ll take Randy and Pedro. I don’t remember seeing anyone dominate the way they did.