• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone pulling German with 1 hit allowed and 74 pitches shouldn't be overlooked either

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-0 start has been officially caught (at least for one day) in the loss column

Mindboggling, that there is a reasonable 50/50 chance that Baltimore could have the fewest losses in the AL at the all-star break

It's still probably a year ahead of schedule, but we had to sit through 40-50 win seasons to get here.
And to think, this time two years ago, they didn’t get to 54 wins all year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't complain too much about 48-43 going into the ASB. Being in last sucks, but this season's AL East is an extreme outlier and they're only 2 games out of a playoff spot. Pitching staff is hurting right now though with various injuries. Some real positive developments this season with Duran/Yoshida/Bello, Casas has done a nice job adjusting after a rough April. The farm system is giving me a lot of hope, though they'll have to wait at least another year to see some of that talent at the major league level (Mayer, Drohan, Yorke, Rafaela, Hickey)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his walk rates are insane, and that's before you account for him being among the youngest at the levels he's played at
If he continues at this rate, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him in Norfolk starting next year and in the majors by the all-star break. Looking like it’ll be a solid infield in Baltimore for years to come with him, Gunnar and Westburg.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teel falls to the Sox. Love it. Position of need (catcher) and he can play elsewhere.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't complain too much about 48-43 going into the ASB. Being in last sucks, but this season's AL East is an extreme outlier and they're only 2 games out of a playoff spot. Pitching staff is hurting right now though with various injuries. Some real positive developments this season with Duran/Yoshida/Bello, Casas has done a nice job adjusting after a rough April. The farm system is giving me a lot of hope, though they'll have to wait at least another year to see some of that talent at the major league level (Mayer, Drohan, Yorke, Rafaela, Hickey)

Bloom is in a weird spot... (I read an article that said lose-lose, no matter what they do)

I think (hope), being in the middle of this quasi-rebuild and being in last place, they become sellers this month. (Is it really worth shooting for the last wild-card spot?)...

They have good 'veterans' to deal - and who can be easily replaced.... Duval can be replaced with Durran. Turner can be replaced with Dalbec/Cassas. Pivetta can be replaced by anyone. Even Kike has some trade value and is very replaceable.

I don't think losing any of these guys would hurt their chances this year. It'll certainly put more responsibility on the younger guys, but as you mentioned, the AA roster is stacked and only about a year away...

If done right, they might be able to find a serviceable starter (or two). Bloom just needs to get it done.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he and the clueless wonder were roommates in the minors.

Fantastic. So there'll be no accountability there either.