• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays just scoring runs at will this Spring. If they can get any sort of pitching, they are going to be dangerous. That lineup is absolutely loaded with Springer and Semien added.

This is going to be the big breakout year for Vlad Jr. too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays just scoring runs at will this Spring. If they can get any sort of pitching, they are going to be dangerous. That lineup is absolutely loaded with Springer and Semien added.

This is going to be the big breakout year for Vlad Jr. too.

Yeah it’s the team that if everything breaks right can become that 95 win team

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Boone is going to carry 4 bench players to start the year. Gardner and Higashioka are locks, so it's gonna be 2 of Bruce/Dietrich/Ford/Tauchman/Wade.

Gio at SS yesterday makes me think Wade ain't gonna make it, and if they take Bruce, they really don't need Ford.

Will be interesting.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Boone is going to carry 4 bench players to start the year. Gardner and Higashioka are locks, so it's gonna be 2 of Bruce/Dietrich/Ford/Tauchman/Wade.

Gio at SS yesterday makes me think Wade ain't gonna make it, and if they take Bruce, they really don't need Ford.

Will be interesting.
Jay Bruce is so washed-up. Why don’t they give that roster spot to someone with potential upside?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Bruce is so washed-up. Why don’t they give that roster spot to someone with potential upside?

Bruce can play OF/1B and he's having a great spring. No one else outside of Ford plays 1B, and if you think carrying Ford for his "upside" is the right move, then I know you haven't seen much of Ford. He got exposed in a big way in 2020.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce can play OF/1B and he's having a great spring. No one else outside of Ford plays 1B, and if you think carrying Ford for his "upside" is the right move, then I know you haven't seen much of Ford. He got exposed in a big way in 2020.
I still like Tauchman. Lol. Jay Bruce can still run into some homers(especially in that ballpark). No doubt about that.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, the Red Sox have the most young talent in camp than they have had in years. Duran and Downs look like they should be able to help this year. Verdugo and Devers are still only 24! Houck will be good if he can throw more strikes. Dalbec looks like he might hit 30+ HR’s(while leading the league. Chavis having a big Spring(though I’m less of a believer in him). They are building something good there. It’s coming.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, the Red Sox have the most young talent in camp than they have had in years. Duran and Downs look like they should be able to help this year. Verdugo and Devers are still only 24! Houck will be good if he can throw more strikes. Dalbec looks like he might hit 30+ HR’s(while leading the league. Chavis having a big Spring(though I’m less of a believer in him). They are building something good there. It’s coming.

I saw Chavis' comments the other day about how he thought he might not make the team, which didn't make any sense to me. He seems to be having the best spring of anyone.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Chavis' comments the other day about how he thought he might not make the team, which didn't make any sense to me. He seems to be having the best spring of anyone.
Franchy Cordero won’t be ready for Opening Day, so that opens a spot(temporarily). But they have a bit of a roster squeeze going on with Danny Santana, Arroyo and one or two others. Chavis can be sent down without exposing him to waivers. I think that’s part of it. But Chavis also can play anywhere around the infield. He’s having a big Spring, but has been overmatched, in general. I’m not sure how much they believe in him(and I can’t really disagree).

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not too excited about Bruce even though he's an upgrade at first over Ford.....He's been batting around the Mendoza line the last few years, but as Chappee said, he'll get some homers with the porch in RF.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too excited about Bruce even though he's an upgrade at first over Ford.....He's been batting around the Mendoza line the last few years, but as Chappee said, he'll get some homers with the porch in RF.....

He'll either walk, K or pop one. Ford just Ks.

Who would you rather have pinch hitting in the late innings with a man on, down a couple?

No-brainer IMO

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll either walk, K or pop one. Ford just Ks.

Who would you rather have pinch hitting in the late innings with a man on, down a couple?

No-brainer IMO

Heathcliff Johnson.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met him once. Nicest guy. Coudn't believe he sucker punched Gossage. After listening to Gossage the last few years, I'm starting to see why. LOL

I was at a game where he hit a pinch hit homer to tie the game vs the Red Sox in the 8th or 9th.....went on to win game.....have to look up what year it was.....as loud as I can ever remember the stadium being....Munson homer vs Royals off Doug Bird was the loudest in the playoffs.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a game where he hit a pinch hit homer to tie the game vs the Red Sox in the 8th or 9th.....went on to win game.....have to look up what year it was.....as loud as I can ever remember the stadium being....Munson homer vs Royals off Doug Bird was the loudest in the playoffs.....
Sox fan here. This was definitely the loudest I’ve ever heard Yankee Stadium! I remember I was driving in my car listening to the game and the crowd was just deafening(though I quickly turned it off)...

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was the same game Brett hit 3 HR, wasn't it?

Loudest I've ever been in attendance for was Mattingly's HR in game 2 of the 95 ALDS. Upper deck at the old place, and it honestly felt like it was going to collapse.