• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
47% seems awfully optimistic for the Sox. I think the Sox have a shot, but that requires the pitching being healthy (Sale coming back on time, Richards/Rodriguez staying healthy and contributing). I highly doubt the Sox pitchers will meet their projected innings.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner will get more AB’s this year than Judge, Hicks and Frazier this year. Gardner is the one guy who’s expendable, so of course he’ll be a friggin’ iron man.

Usually how it works out, especially on this roster. If Gardner wasn’t brought back, there most definitely would have been a point in this season we wish he was

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which way are you leaning on Sanchez?

Ya know ignoring what I want, I have no reason to think it’s all gonna magically get fixed. This has been going on a looonng time now and the trend has been downward every season. He will probably play enough to run into close to 30 HRs because he will still massacre a mistake and he will be facing a lot of mistakes in the AL East alone. But consistency will be maddening and long strikeout droughts and batting around .200, I could see all that

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know ignoring what I want, I have no reason to think it’s all gonna magically get fixed. This has been going on a looonng time now and the trend has been downward every season. He will probably play enough to run into close to 30 HRs because he will still massacre a mistake and he will be facing a lot of mistakes in the AL East alone. But consistency will be maddening and long strikeout droughts and batting around .200, I could see all that

Hopefully he continues to chase sliders in the dirt......

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how much of this is in his head, but Sanchez looked like such a monster just a few years ago. It’s easy to make a Mike Piazza comparison, so I will just go with that. In 2017 he looked like one of the very best players in baseball. He was 24!

He should STILL be right in his prime now at 28, but he really has hit just .200 over the last 3 seasons(244 games). I don’t know how he lost the ability to do something other than hit a homer. I’m not sure if I said this on here or on another thread, but this guy is a classic change of scenery candidate. I think maybe it’s too much New York for him or maybe Booney isn’t doing him any favors(he did better under Girardi, right?). I would love to see him get a fresh start elsewhwre(let’s say in Seattle) as a 1B/DH. Then he could just forget about catching and get that bat back where it was. But I wouldn’t expect much as long as he is catching and in NY.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how much of this is in his head, but Sanchez looked like such a monster just a few years ago. It’s easy to make a Mike Piazza comparison, so I will just go with that. In 2017 he looked like one of the very best players in baseball. He was 24!

He should STILL be right in his prime now at 28, but he really has hit just .200 over the last 3 seasons(244 games). I don’t know how he lost the ability to do something other than hit a homer. I’m not sure if I said this on here or on another thread, but this guy is a classic change of scenery candidate. I think maybe it’s too much New York for him or maybe Booney isn’t doing him any favors(he did better under Girardi, right?). I would love to see him get a fresh start elsewhwre(let’s say in Seattle) as a 1B/DH. Then he could just forget about catching and get that bat back where it was. But I wouldn’t expect much as long as he is catching and in NY.

Possibly another casualty of the Stanton trade, cause there is no doubt he would have been asked to DH for a month or 2 just to try to get him straightened out and stop him from thinking of the catching aspect. Of course that luxury is gone. His best swings you wonder how this guy isn’t a great hitter, but not often enough

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly another casualty of the Stanton trade, cause there is no doubt he would have been asked to DH for a month or 2 just to try to get him straightened out and stop him from thinking of the catching aspect. Of course that luxury is gone. His best swings you wonder how this guy isn’t a great hitter, but not often enough
Yes. The Yankees are in a tough spot where Sanchez, Judge and Stanton(maybe about, too?) all essentially need that DH slot.

Sanchez was such a terror when he came up. I have a feeling that guy still exists, but I don’t trust the current staff to get him back where he was. But I’m sure 30 HR’s is doable for him(with 55 hits total).

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who fixed his grill. Guess he was just waiting on that arbitration money.

Eu8FkX3XMAA2ZN-.jpg

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to place a wager that this is the yankee's year. At least to come out of the AL.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to place a wager that this is the yankee's year. At least to come out of the AL.
They’ve only been once since 9/11(which they won, of course). Not sure that’s a bet you want to make.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I can put you down for the under.

Talk to me after they break camp. If he's already hurt, under. If he's healthy at the beginning of April, I'll go over, but barely over. He'll pull that oblique again at some point. He's done it two years in a row now.