• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually have another Justin Wilson in their minor leagues and he's also a pitcher.

Could be high comedy on the bullpen phone

"Get Wilson up"

"Which one"

"Justin WIlson"

"Which one"

:heh:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually have another Justin Wilson in their minor leagues and he's also a pitcher.

"Get Wilson up"

"Which one"

"Justin WIlson"

"Which one"

Greg Harris with the Padres around 1989. They had both Greg A Harris and Greg W Harris in their bullpen.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Get Wilson up"

"Which one"

"Justin WIlson"

"Which one"

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when none of their starters want to throw to Sanchez?

That happened sometime in 2018 I'm pretty sure. Easier to overlook his defensive laziness when he's hitting 30+ bombs.

We'll see how he responds to getting benched for the playoffs and almost non-tendered.

Judging by how many catchers they invited to ST, the Yankees, whatever they may say, are not optimistic.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happened sometime in 2018 I'm pretty sure. Easier to overlook his defensive laziness when he's hitting 30+ bombs.

We'll see how he responds to getting benched for the playoffs and almost non-tendered.

Judging by how many catchers they invited to ST, the Yankees, whatever they may say, are not optimistic.
Things would probably be easier if he could just be a 1B/DH, but the Yankees probably have better options at both spots and Stanton and Judge figure to use most of the DH slots this year anyway.

Sanchez has always seemed miscast as a catcher. Plenty of guys started there and moved(Konerko, Delgado, Napoli....others) and been just fine. I think Sanchez has been defeated mentally back there and would benefit from a change of scenery(and position).

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things would probably be easier if he could just be a 1B/DH, but the Yankees probably have better options at both spots and Stanton and Judge figure to use most of the DH slots this year anyway.

Sanchez has always seemed miscast as a catcher. Plenty of guys started there and moved(Konerko, Delgado, Napoli....others) and been just fine. I think Sanchez has been defeated mentally back there and would benefit from a change of scenery(and position).

Best thing about his catching has always been his arm/pop-time. He's not just just simply bad defensively-he's lazy back there. He's had spurts where he throws his body around, but soon enough he's back to one handed waves at pitches outside the zone. I know that would drive me batshit if I were pitching.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing about his catching has always been his arm/pop-time. He's not just just simply bad defensively-he's lazy back there. He's had spurts where he throws his body around, but soon enough he's back to one handed waves at pitches outside the zone. I know that would drive me batshit if I were pitching.
He does have a great arm, but that’s about all you like about him when he’s back there. He looks extremely uncomfortable. You are right about pitchers throwing to him. I’m sure when they talk off the record, nobody wants to work with him.

Wasn't it Chapman in the playoffs a couple years ago that was yelling at him during a game? It’s addition by subtraction if they move Sanchez to another team or another position.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have a great arm, but that’s about all you like about him when he’s back there. He looks extremely uncomfortable. You are right about pitchers throwing to him. I’m sure when they talk off the record, nobody wants to work with him.

Wasn't it Chapman in the playoffs a couple years ago that was yelling at him during a game? It’s addition by subtraction if they move Sanchez to another team or another position.

We've talked about him in detail for the past few years on here.....he's lazy back there with a great arm....it's gotten to the point that if he's not hitting, just leave him on the bench as a pinch hitter or a DH.....certainly NOT as a pinch runner which was sarcasm.....1B is the only position left for him at this point outside of catching.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've talked about him in detail for the past few years on here.....he's lazy back there with a great arm....it's gotten to the point that if he's not hitting, just leave him on the bench as a pinch hitter or a DH.....certainly NOT as a pinch runner which was sarcasm.....1B is the only position left for him at this point outside of catching.....
Don’t worry, Steel. I didn’t think you were really advocating for The Sanchize to be used as a pinch runner.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t worry, Steel. I didn’t think you were really advocating for The Sanchize to be used as a pinch runner.

He'd pinch run for Posada...

(And Ortiz)