• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they seriously sign him, it's going to remind me of the late 70s/early 80s, where big George signed/traded for every lefty pinch hitter he could find, then blasted the manager when he couldn't find places to play them.

Good times.

A little devils advocate cause I actually like the idea

At what point do we consider it a lock that Stanton and Judge will miss a combined 150 games?

I do, maybe that why I like it.

schwarbers bat will obviously not play better in any other ballpark in baseball, it’s a much needed LH bat, and $8 million for an insurance policy is not too bad at all. And he’s been very durable.

this is the last team in baseball we should pose the question “where does he fit”, cause we always find at bats with this fragile roster

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little devils advocate cause I actually like the idea

At what point do we consider it a lock that Stanton and Judge will miss a combined 150 games?

I do, maybe that why I like it.

schwarbers bat will obviously not play better in any other ballpark in baseball, it’s a much needed LH bat, and $8 million for an insurance policy is not too bad at all. And he’s been very durable.

this is the last team in baseball we should pose the question “where does he fit”, cause we always find at bats with this fragile roster

Very valid, considering the lost ABs for Judge and Stanton the last few years. They do need a lefty, no question, just would prefer it was someone who's capable of playing the field.

I think they have to make a decision on Gardner first. No sense having him and Schwarber on the roster.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very valid, considering the lost ABs for Judge and Stanton the last few years. They do need a lefty, no question, just would prefer it was someone who's capable of playing the field.

I think they have to make a decision on Gardner first. No sense having him and Schwarber on the roster.

The non tender list is so impressive, wonder if they get involved on guys like Bradley for instance

but my worst nightmare is losing DJ, in a mostly all or nothing lineup, I haven’t seen a more valuable player come along for this team in a long time. And the fact he would most likely land accross town would really send me over the edge

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the Schwarber point, I’d rather David Dahl

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok I get Taillon he could help pitching, the big IF being if his arm doesn't fall off. But why would the Yankees want Bell?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks tender Sanchez. Incredible that it was even a question, but the last 2 years are not a mirage.

Holder non-tendered-surprise to me, I thought overall he was pretty damn dependable in his role.

Yeah seeing them let Holder thought was disappointing

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok I get Taillon he could help pitching, the big IF being if his arm doesn't fall off. But why would the Yankees want Bell?

How many TJ surgeries has Taillon had already? 3?

As far as Bell goes, they're clearly looking at 2019 and trying to buy low.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many TJ surgeries has Taillon had already? 3?

As far as Bell goes, they're clearly looking at 2019 and trying to buy low.
He has had two but it does seem like 3 or more.
A little background on this health history:
Missed 2014 - TJ Surgery
Missed 2015 - sports hernia
Missed half of 2017 - Cancer
Missed half of 2019 - Forearm surgery
Missed 2020 and who knows how much of 2021 - Latest TJ Surgery.

A pitcher with 3 arm surgeries, cancer and a hernia not sure who would want him?
As for Bell yeah that is my only thought but remember is he is an awful fielder. He can't play 1B or OF so that leaves just DH and not sure his value is enough to replace what the Yankees already have?

Now I am going to contradict myself, but I see why these are great buy low for the Yankees due to potential but not sure either is worth it. With that said I honestly wouldn't care if the Pirates traded both, neither will help or hurt this team going forward. They are going to suck no matter what.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had two but it does seem like 3 or more.
A little background on this health history:
Missed 2014 - TJ Surgery
Missed 2015 - sports hernia
Missed half of 2017 - Cancer
Missed half of 2019 - Forearm surgery
Missed 2020 and who knows how much of 2021 - Latest TJ Surgery.

A pitcher with 3 arm surgeries, cancer and a hernia not sure who would want him?
As for Bell yeah that is my only thought but remember is he is an awful fielder. He can't play 1B or OF so that leaves just DH and not sure his value is enough to replace what the Yankees already have?

Now I am going to contradict myself, but I see why these are great buy low for the Yankees due to potential but not sure either is worth it. With that said I honestly wouldn't care if the Pirates traded both, neither will help or hurt this team going forward. They are going to suck no matter what.

Wonder if Luke Voight would be the centerpiece of that deal.

I still think long term Gleyber needs to play 2nd base, and if they bring back DJ, would play mostly 1st, so they would have a Voight problem. Bell would get ABs at 1st, but more than likely part of a platoon with DJ moving around, but mostly 1st

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think long term Gleyber needs to play 2nd base, and if they bring back DJ, would play mostly 1st, so they would have a Voight problem. Bell would get ABs at 1st, but more than likely part of a platoon with DJ moving around, but mostly 1st

Agree 100%. As much as I love Gleyber's bat, he proved over 60 games that he's not an everyday MLB SS. Sucks, but it is what it is.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that would make sense Bell is a better left hand hitter than right handed. If they can limit him to batting mainly left handed as much as possible there is plenty of value.
EDIT: IF you can keep Bell off the field and mainly a left handed DH/PH he has value. If you have to play him everyday at 1B or OF your pitchers will suffer.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would make sense Bell is a better left hand hitter than right handed. If they can limit him to batting mainly left handed as much as possible there is plenty of value.
EDIT: IF you can keep Bell off the field and mainly a left handed DH/PH he has value. If you have to play him everyday at 1B or OF your pitchers will suffer.

So....another Aaron Hicks then?

:think:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....another Aaron Hicks then?

:think:
Yep. And what is the most frustrating thing about Bell, for his size you would think he would put up monster power numbers and just doesn't. IDK that short RF fence might be his calling though?

As for Taillon if you do get him in a trade he is a great pitcher, if healthy. But so far as a Pirate fan we are yet to see that two seasons in a row.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox sign Hunter Renfrow to a 1 year $3.1 million dollar deal with additional $600K in incentives

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox sign Hunter Renfrow to a 1 year $3.1 million dollar deal with additional $600K in incentives

He was god awful in 2020, but decent before that.

His bat should play well in Fenway, provided he remembers how to make contact. :)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was god awful in 2020, but decent before that.

His bat should play well in Fenway, provided he remembers how to make contact. :)

2020 was awful in general... I hope he can make some splash in 2021

RB Bills

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Alex Cora back at the helm, can the Red Sox make a run to the playoffs?