• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Hendricks is a nice target for the Yankees

they need a guaranteed innings eater in a rotation with upside but plenty of injury/innings downside

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendricks is a lot more than just an innings eater... career 133 ERA+. He's refreshing to watch as he isn't a strikeout pitcher, but he doesn't walk many batters and doesn't give up very many home runs. Wrigley isn't exactly a pitchers park either.

it's a shame the Cubs have made little effort to sustain their success.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox are saved :suds:

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Red Sox have reached an agreement on a one-year, $10 million contract with free agent right-hander Garrett Richards.​

The deal is pending a physical. The two sides had talked earlier in the offseason, but momentum toward an agreement really started building on Friday. Richards adds another quality arm to a Red Sox rotation that lacked depth. The 32-year-old registered a 4.03 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 46/17 K/BB ratio over 51 1/3 innings for the Padres during the shortened 2020 season. His signing could bump Tanner Houck from the Opening Day rotation.

Mark Feinsand of MLB.com reports that the Red Sox have signed Enrique Hernandez to a multi-year contract.​

No word yet on the financial terms of the pact. The versatile 29-year-old and lefty-masher currently projects as the favorite to start at second base for the Red Sox, though his overall fantasy upside is muted by his middling batting average and complete lack of speed. He has been an interesting value outside the top 450 picks in early draft champions leagues, but expect his draft stock to rise around 100 picks or so based on this news. Hernandez hit .230/.270/.410 with five homers and 20 RBI in 148 plate appearances for the Dodgers in 2020.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me to myself: "Don't get excited, don't get excited, you're just gonna get let down again!"
Also me to myself: "Are we actually gonna have a decent rotation this year?! World Series BABY!"
Me in October: "Damnit, I told myself not to get excited and look what the fuck happened!!!"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me to myself: "Don't get excited, don't get excited, you're just gonna get let down again!"
Also me to myself: "Are we actually gonna have a decent rotation this year?! World Series BABY!"
Me in October: "Damnit, I told myself not to get excited and look what the fuck happened!!!"

Pitching wasn't the issue last year in the playoffs. Timely hitting was

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're being honest, injuries were our issue last year. Had we had a better rotation or pitching in general, we might have been able to win a few more games where we missed Judge, Stanton and Sanchez. Cole, Kluber and Taillon is a great top 3 and is worthy of some excitement and hope but after the last 4 seasons, I can't find it in me right now. Now ask me come Opening Day. I'm sure I would have found the false excitement and false hope by then lol.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are taking a page out of the Padres/Dodgers book and stockpiling arms. Feels like the Pirates got a much better return here than they did for Musgrove.

This rotation would have been pretty epic in 2018.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox are saved :suds:

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Red Sox have reached an agreement on a one-year, $10 million contract with free agent right-hander Garrett Richards.​

The deal is pending a physical. The two sides had talked earlier in the offseason, but momentum toward an agreement really started building on Friday. Richards adds another quality arm to a Red Sox rotation that lacked depth. The 32-year-old registered a 4.03 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 46/17 K/BB ratio over 51 1/3 innings for the Padres during the shortened 2020 season. His signing could bump Tanner Houck from the Opening Day rotation.

Mark Feinsand of MLB.com reports that the Red Sox have signed Enrique Hernandez to a multi-year contract.​

No word yet on the financial terms of the pact. The versatile 29-year-old and lefty-masher currently projects as the favorite to start at second base for the Red Sox, though his overall fantasy upside is muted by his middling batting average and complete lack of speed. He has been an interesting value outside the top 450 picks in early draft champions leagues, but expect his draft stock to rise around 100 picks or so based on this news. Hernandez hit .230/.270/.410 with five homers and 20 RBI in 148 plate appearances for the Dodgers in 2020.

I do feel a lot better about the rotation than I did last year, granted it still isn't very good. There's at least a lot more depth than when they kicked the 2020 season off.

Still would like to see another acquisition for 2B though. I like Kike as a utility player, but he doesn't hit righties enough to warrant playing every day and I'd rather have him spelling other positions anyway. Still need an OF, I wouldn't mind a Pederson/Hernandez platoon.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always is

and they go through every offseason saying “we need pitching” while continuing to have a lineup full of swing and miss hitters

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are taking a page out of the Padres/Dodgers book and stockpiling arms. Feels like the Pirates got a much better return here than they did for Musgrove.

This rotation would have been pretty epic in 2018.

Upside higher for Taillon than Musgrove no?

and I know the downside is greater too

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, $13M for a grand total of 1 MLB inning pitched in 2020.

I'm sure this is going to work out fantastically!

:noidea:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, $13M for a grand total of 1 MLB inning pitched in 2020.

I'm sure this is going to work out fantastically!

:noidea:

Staying under the tax is obviously a priority
I appreciate the effort to be creative

I don’t love the Kluber deal, I don’t mind the Taillon deal

there’s actual buzz that there is interest in Ottavino, boy would I love that

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way anyone takes his whole contract, but if they can even get somebody to eat $5 or $6M, you've gotta do it.

By my calculations they've only got about $5M to play with. Anything that supplements that is a win.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way anyone takes his whole contract, but if they can even get somebody to eat $5 or $6M, you've gotta do it.

By my calculations they've only got about $5M to play with. Anything that supplements that is a win.

The loss of Kahlne, we are gonna need for a young arm to emerge in that pen. Loisiga dissappointed me in 20.
Michael Kay pitched the idea of making Chapman a starter and Britton the closer. Fun idea that would never happen but he has the Arsenal to do it

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Kahlne, we are gonna need for a young arm to emerge in that pen. Loisiga dissappointed me in 20.
Michael Kay pitched the idea of making Chapman a starter and Britton the closer. Fun idea that would never happen but he has the Arsenal to do it

I don't see that happening-I don't think he's ever started a game in his MLB career. Plus, it's good to know the 8th and 9th are locked down, if nothing else. They are definitely going to need to bolster the middle inning relief corps though. I don't see Taillon or Kluber going deep in games, even if they both do stay healthy, which is a monumental if.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yanks deal Otto.............................to the Red Sox.

Did not see that coming. Boston paying everything except for $850K.

Thanks Chaim!